Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 109643 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

vote: Voltgloss

I will unvote when he posts.  I urge others to vote for others ho have not posted (I.e. Shraeye).
That doesn't really do anything if they just haven't found the thread yet.

It's worked in the past.
I doubt the fact they eventually find the thread has much to do with you voting for them or not. It's christmas time, not like anyone is inexcusably lurking!

.. but that's still better than not voting at all, who am I to judge.  :)

Fair enough point.  Good reasoning for keeping games in one thread.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

@mod: can you pm players letting them know the game started?

I'll respond to eevee's megapost when I'm not on phone or not rushing.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile

I'm back from being away, hope you all had a great Christmas.

So, the issue of today is self-voting. Specifically RVS self-voting. Love me a bit of RVS-time theory to get the game rolling. Having said that, this issue seems a bit meh. I think Galz' post was just a fairly regular first post of the game. I mean, who hasn't thought about accusing themselves of lurking in their first post? Or is it just me? I also find it quite plausible that yuma's reaction was from a Townie primarily making a point, especially if he's made that point before.

Vote: Eevee for finding me scummy.

FoS: Jimmmmm for lurking.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of having multiple scum factions. In fact, I'm planning on running a game with both Mafia and Werewolves. I'm still not sure, though, about how they interact. I think the general consensus is that they hurt each others' chances and therefore generally try to kill each other. I guess in some ways this is a self-fulfilling state-of-mind. If you're in the Mafia and you think the Werewolves are trying to kill you, then you're going to try to kill them too. But of course, it also makes it harder for us, too. As Eevee pointed out, this means everyone's going to be scumhunting. Although maybe that's not that different from normal because in theory everyone's pretending to scumhunt and we can still look at interactions between players and things like that.

So I'm just wondering if we'll be able to deduce anything from nightkills? Will they generally be aimed at scum? Of course, if we assume that then it introduces WIFOM aplenty.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

vote: Voltgloss

I will unvote when he posts.  I urge others to vote for others ho have not posted (I.e. Shraeye).

I have posted since the game started. 

Immediate massclaim! Immediate massclaim! Seriously, let's try it.

Given cayvie's comment at the end of Major Arcana Mafia I...

Also:

Hey everybody, notice the massclaim discouragement I put in this game! There's probably going to be more of that in future games I run!

...I kinda think an immediate massclaim is not advised.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile

I get nullreads from both Galz and yuma so far.  Galz was clearly making a joke.  yuma used it to make a point that all self-votes are anti-town, EVEN the most "innocuous" of self-votes (an RVS joke).  This is in line with yuma's stance in M-XV, as ash has already pointed out.  Frankly, I am more suspicious of the people who have found yuma suspicious for this.

I'd like sparky to explain what benefits he sees from massclaim.  His first post alluded vaguely to such benefits.  As I've and others have said, massclaim has a real danger here of empowering anti-town roles a la Death in the first Arcana game.  sparky was IN that game, he should have remembered that.  So I'd like to hear from sparky what he was/is thinking.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Hi, sober and reporting in!

To continue with the controversy subjects, out of these, Jimmmmm's slef-FoS seems staged, his post to me looks like he is saying "hey, it's cool, it's towny, look, even I'm towny, I am FoSing myself!" . Also RVS's Eevee - why?

I'd also like to skip 2 faction theory-crafting, as it's been done to death and It's helishly boring.

@Volt - I'd like to hear that from sparks as well.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

To continue with the controversy subjects, out of these, Jimmmmm's slef-FoS seems staged, his post to me looks like he is saying "hey, it's cool, it's towny, look, even I'm towny, I am FoSing myself!" . Also RVS's Eevee - why?

Oh I see what you mean. I wasn't meaning to say that accusing yourself of lurking in your first post was Towny. I was saying there was nothing suspicious about it, but I certainly don't think it's anything but a null-tell.

Also, I random voted Eevee because, um, random voting. Also OMGUS he thinks I'm scummy. Also, I usually suspect and/or vote for Eevee early in the game.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I'd also like to skip 2 faction theory-crafting, as it's been done to death and It's helishly boring.

Well okay then. Why don't you lead us in the conversation then?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

why RVS vote when everybody are reverting their RVS votes in attempt to get out of RVS?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Right okay, fair enough.

Unvote.

Next item of discussion?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Noble gesture and the right thing to do, but you didn't actually answer the question.  ::)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I voted for Eevee because I felt like it. I certainly wasn't pushing for an Eevee lynch, and was expecting to unvote fairly soon. I think the main reason was probably just to acknowledge his saying "I... always suspect the sparkys, asherskys, archetypes and jimms of the world". Maybe I should have honoured the two people who unvoted due to moving RVS, but this was my first post of the game and I wanted to so I did. That's it. Why are you reading so much into it?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Interesting stuff.

Reads!

Me>>>>Jim>>Everybody>Yuma

Hmm, I should work on refining that.

Right, off to do non-forum stuff (WHAT? I know, right?)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Why are you reading so much into it?

Dunno. After you unvoted I felt like it would be fun grinding you. :P

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Hey Grujah, are you crazy Grujah or useful Grujah in this game?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

I have no real reads yet, Galz was obviously just kidding around in RVS and yuma was just reminding everyone how much he hates self votes, both of these things are part of their metas and both of these players know this so it's really a null tell IMO.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Hey Grujah, are you crazy Grujah or useful Grujah in this game?

Dunno if two are separable. I am the awesome Grujah - one that is both. One that uses One Shot Vig N1 and hits Major Arcana Rol ethat gives him powers, one that is claims Masons with Morgrim D1 and survives till end. Also one that drunk-fake-claims Doctor with low possibility of it actually being possible, and fool everybody!

:P

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Claim I ALREADY have an investigative result

I will not reveal the full result YET. Galz/Eevee/Robz, my result is on ONE of you, please respond how you feel necessary given the result.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Who's still missing?

shraeye
Archtype
Cuzz

anyone else?

@Ins - oh my.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile

Hey all.

Guess I'll weigh in on Galz/yuma thing. Galz was so clearly joking that I can't even see how responding to him was worth it, other than just feeling the need to say something seemingly pro-town. Strike against yuma. However, yuma's "I find all self-votes scummy and will vote for anyone who does so" thing is not new, and is consistent with his attitude in other games. Null tell here. I actually used to agree with him and told myself long ago I would never self-vote, but in my experience I now actually have examples where self-voting would have been very pro-town. If I had self-hammered in XI town would have won easily much sooner. This is all mostly irrelevant to the current discussion, but this is f.DS and someone needs to point out the edge cases whenever anyone makes an absolute general statement.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

Also, I didn't play the first game so is there anything specific we learned there that I should know?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

Hey all.

Guess I'll weigh in on Galz/yuma thing. Galz was so clearly joking that I can't even see how responding to him was worth it, other than just feeling the need to say something seemingly pro-town. Strike against yuma. However, yuma's "I find all self-votes scummy and will vote for anyone who does so" thing is not new, and is consistent with his attitude in other games. Null tell here. I actually used to agree with him and told myself long ago I would never self-vote, but in my experience I now actually have examples where self-voting would have been very pro-town. If I had self-hammered in XI town would have won easily much sooner. This is all mostly irrelevant to the current discussion, but this is f.DS and someone needs to point out the edge cases whenever anyone makes an absolute general statement.

Got some beer at home.

Plz claim so I can copy it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile

Claim I ALREADY have an investigative result

I will not reveal the full result YET. Galz/Eevee/Robz, my result is on ONE of you, please respond how you feel necessary given the result.

? That's interesting. I don't see Day Cop on the powers list, though.

I would also investigate one of three of us if I were you, so that makes sense. I think you should share the result, of course. I don't have a specific reason to think Eevee or Galz are scum. I expect you investigated me, and already know me to be town, yes?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile

Hey all.

Got some beer at home.

Plz claim so I can copy it.

Da?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49  All

Page created in 2.559 seconds with 19 queries.