Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Werewolves win!)  (Read 108740 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #475 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:49 pm »

King of Swords, Ace of Wands - to be specific.

If there are any other Vig's out there, they should shoot Eevee tonight, since it removes a NK, and WW's can't do it, and Mafia won't see the need to. Vig'ing Robz will be pointless since he'll be lynched tomorrow anyway.
Why aren't you going to be able to Vig Eevee yourself?

Do you really think you're getting lynched today?

Insomniac has declared it so, and he's the best lead we have to follow on this whole thing, so yes, I do. I switched my vote so we can move things along.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XVIII: Major Arcana Mafia II (Day 1! Deadline 1/9/13, 3 PM forums time)
« Reply #476 on: December 28, 2012, 12:28:10 pm »

King of Swords, Ace of Wands - to be specific.

If there are any other Vig's out there, they should shoot Eevee tonight, since it removes a NK, and WW's can't do it, and Mafia won't see the need to. Vig'ing Robz will be pointless since he'll be lynched tomorrow anyway.
Why aren't you going to be able to Vig Eevee yourself?

Do you really think you're getting lynched today?

Insomniac has declared it so, and he's the best lead we have to follow on this whole thing, so yes, I do. I switched my vote so we can move things along.

Are you daft, I've said you made me uneasy I have said THRICE now that ROBZ is more likely scum than you. Do YOU read MY posts?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 28, 2012, 12:28:36 pm »

In case you need it FOUR times Galzria.

Vote: Robz
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 28, 2012, 12:29:31 pm »

Insom, to be fair, you were voting Galz right up until you just changed your vote.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 28, 2012, 12:30:41 pm »

Bleh I forgot that was in the full claim post. Which was prepared BEFORE I read the 10 additional pages.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: December 28, 2012, 12:34:24 pm »

blah phoneposting, so much stuff happening.
shraeye, its my understanding the MA's can be of any alignment, it's random just like everything else. so i dont know what you are saying. but yes, i'm protecting the major arcanas & myself when im the major arcana by not giving the scum teams unnecessary information. insomniac, should i claim? no one has still given any reasons for me to claim, just said it's scummy that i'm not doing it for no reason?

@galz
i dont even. LETS JUST LYNCH ROBZ, HE'LL PROBABLY FLIP SCUM AND WE'LL HAVE YOU AND ME AS IC'S. if you are town, you should really freaking like this plan, what's with the self voting!?

@joth
i couldnt know robz was going to shoot me.. i've explained my stance on me claiming (and that i can claim whenever! just dont see any advantages). i was eager to quicklynch robz because i thought him not shooting could save us a townie. depriving scum of kills is generally pretty good (especially so because if robz is town, his vig shot would have been particularly useful to town at this point)

i dont know how to defend myself against these sk-allegations. LETS LYNCH ROBZ, either we hit scum (good!) or clear me (good!). it's not like town particularly hates having serial killers around in the early game anyways, and there are plenty of power roles who can check me. fbi agent is usually totally useless, now we have some use for it, check me check me please!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 28, 2012, 12:34:44 pm »

Oh Galzria's self vote raging was just a misunderstanding?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 28, 2012, 12:36:56 pm »

I am not giving Galzria the permission to shoot Insomniac if Robz flips town. If Robz is town, the most likely explanation is that Galzria is scum (Insomniac may be too, but I doubt he lied about the result).
I think that if Robz flips Town, and Galz is scum, he's going to shoot whoever he wants.

Regardless of who he shoots, if Robz flips Town, we're lynching him tommorow, right?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 28, 2012, 12:38:23 pm »

Seems like it, even though I clarified immediatley after the post that it was made WAY earlier. and I in my following posts said that I think robz is more likely scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 28, 2012, 12:39:35 pm »

Vote: Galzria

Let's do this then. Congrats Robz on living out the Day, and fooling Insomniac into thinking that it makes more sense that my 5th post of the game would be to full-fake-claim with 0 votes on me, then it does for you to be a WW (which is 50% of the time from every players perspective, although 100% from mine).

Once the town (sorry Robz, your voice counts for nothing here) decides on the below, I'll be happy to. Until then, there's little point arguing with scum attempting to goad along a lynch.

Cayvie, would the Ace of Wands be immune to the King of Swords?

yes

Then from my perspective:

Town!Robz would kill all iterations of Town!Eevee except Nine of Swords. But cannot both be town, so this does not work.

Scum!Robz can not kill Eevee if Eevee is the 5 of Swords (Town!Eevee), or the Ace of Swords (SK!Eevee).

There is no world where Eevee is scum, and Robz is town. Ergo from my perspective, it's proven that Robz is scum. The problem town faces, is that Eevee has a 50% chance of being a SK.

Town: I suggest we lynch Robz, and I'll still NK Eevee. This cannot be stopped. I believe the reason Eevee agreed to this earlier is that he's the Ace of Swords, and he knew that one of two things was true: Robz was scum, and would flip such, making me inclined not to shoot him, OR, Robz was town, meaning I was lying scum, and could not Strong-Man Big him. In either case, he was likely safe.

If town does not wish to follow this plan, I'm willing to lynch myself. You lose my NK, but you have one confirmed scum (Robz), and one likely in Eevee (although not guaranteed. I suggest he gets Copped).

vote: Galzria per this self vote and per Insomniac.

PS I have not read past this point and this could be a derp hammer... so be it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 28, 2012, 12:41:28 pm »

Seems like it, even though I clarified immediatley after the post that it was made WAY earlier. and I in my following posts said that I think robz is more likely scum.
Galzria reads from phone a lot. Easy to miss a post or something.

@archetype
See Jimm's explanation to me. I got confused, basically.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 28, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »

Galz what the crap. I prefer Robz today

@Volt RE Galz: It's possible the wording made me very uneasy
@Volt RE SK: If for some reason the serial killer has a qt I would see it, if they do not I would not.

well I guess I will unvote then, but Galz... don't self vote... seriously, why?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 28, 2012, 12:46:08 pm »

Galz, why wouldn't scum-MA-Eevee have a QT?  O was a scum Major Arcana in the first game, and he had a QT.

So... You think that not only did Insomniac find the only other MA in the game, but that MA is part of a scum team, and is bullet-proof? AND Insomniac found the Dayvig, who just happened to shoot the second MA to no effect?

Or, you know, Occam's Razor:

He found 1 scum!team player, and 2 notscum!team players. If I'm scum (which you'll know I'm not upon my lynch), then he found both the 1-shot Dayvig, and the bullet-proof VT, AND they happened to collide to no effect.

Except that goes out the window after my flip. What he found, was Scum!Robz (King of Swords). He found me (5 of Pentacles, as claimed in my 5th game post), and he found Eevee, who could be either Nine of Wands (BPVT), OR Ace of Wands (Mafia Immune SK).

Even without knowing for a fact yet that I'm town, Occam's razor says that option 3 is the most likely, since it isn't a 1-in-the-entire-deck chance that Robz' dayvig fails. And even if you're considering me scum now, options 2 & 3 are still far, far more likely than option 1.

Not to mention, my god, freaking READ Robz. This is the SAME ROBZ that gunned for my head as hard as could, throwing out bad case after bad case in the very latest blitz game, all the whole going "Scum Robz wouldn't play like this! He wouldn't make cases like this! He wouldn't paint himself into a Robz or Galz like this!".

Look, I don't MIND dying here. I'm town, and I'll take a 1-1 trade every single day of the week and twice on Sunday. But Robz IS scum. And there's a higher than average chance Eevee is too. If I'm not the only Vig in the game, Eevee should be shot tonight. If he's WW-Immune, he won't block regular kills. Robz should be lynched tomorrow.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 28, 2012, 12:46:40 pm »

On to those that think I'm scum.

If I'm scum then this is undoubtably a gambit.

From MA1, the scumteam that had a major arcana had exactly two members. So lets look at what my gambit can accomplish.

1) My team gets to know what PR's there is between Robz/Galz/Eevee
2) I die when 0 of them flip scum
3) Best case scenario - All 3 get lynched then me. 16 players hell lets even assume its lynching and not vigging. 16-4=12 4 lynches buys 4 nk=12-4=8

So my team is down to 1/8 with another team around and possible a SK? Seems awful.

I am not saying that I don't think everything you are saying is true. I think you are being truthful about 1 of them being scum. But I am doubtful of your alignment and that the person you are outing could be scum on the opposite side of you... that is Robz is WW and you are mafia...

Just because one of them flips scum, doesn't make you confirmed town... I think likely confirmed town, but not guaranteed.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 28, 2012, 12:49:52 pm »

Galz, what is the flavour for your Strongman Vig kill?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 28, 2012, 12:51:39 pm »

Just caught up. Unvote. Vote: Robz888. Sorry Ins, it was my understanding that you still wanted my lynch first, which, as I stated so many times last night, I would follow because it ended in a 1-1 trade, which at the end of the day suited the town just fine.

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 28, 2012, 12:52:20 pm »

Just caught up. Unvote. Vote: Robz888. Sorry Ins, it was my understanding that you still wanted my lynch first, which, as I stated so many times last night, I would follow because it ended in a 1-1 trade, which at the end of the day suited the town just fine.

anyone know where the vote count stands?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 28, 2012, 12:52:35 pm »

Galz, what is the flavour for your Strongman Vig kill?

Just checked: Strangle.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:32 pm »

Galzria, how is that better than lynching Robz and copping me? We might have and FBI-agent, if not a regular cop will do? Even if the cop doesnt come out tomorrow, having a serial killer alive for a day or two more wouldnt kill town. Serial killers try to scumhunt as well.

Once again I propose, lynch Robz, if Robz is scum Galzria is an IC. If he is town, Galzria is scum. Galzria vigs however he pleases, because he is either town and smart or scum and won't listen to us anyways. An FBI-agent checks me if we have one, and I would suggest a cop checking me as well just in case we dont have an fbi agent.

I remember this happening earlier.. being town and thinking Galzria is more likely to be town than Robz but not having Galzria believe I'm town.. Hmm hmm hmm.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 28, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »

Volt made it more clear why you thought that (my previously prepared fullclaim that I had thought you scummier in based on the responses from the three of you), I was very confused. No worries.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 28, 2012, 12:55:25 pm »

Galzria reads from phone a lot. Easy to miss a post or something.

@archetype
See Jimm's explanation to me. I got confused, basically.

This x1000

Mafia Record:

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »

unoffical vote count:

Robz888 (9): ashersky, Galzria, shraeye, Archetype, Eevee, Jimmmm, jotheonah, Insomniac, Galzria
Galzria (1): Robz888

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56:38 pm »

I think that was the hammer

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 28, 2012, 12:56:54 pm »

nope GAlz is on there twice, sorry

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2012, 12:57:11 pm »

are we ready for a hammer?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 19 queries.