Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mint-Trader-Wishing Well  (Read 637 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +949
    • View Profile
Mint-Trader-Wishing Well
« on: December 24, 2012, 01:09:19 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/24/game-20121224-100349-055bc05d.html

Devised a fun strategy here and it actually worked as well as I hoped. I bought one Trader to trash Estates, Wishing Well on 3 or 4, Gold on 6 or 7, and Mint whenever I had five and 3 or more Coppers.

Then I used Wishing Well to match the Mints up with the Trader whenever possible, so I could Trader them away. Otherwise, I just Minted additional Silvers or Golds, and Trader'd Coppers occasionally.

The Wishing Well can find a Silver fairly reliably after a while, though I realized that once I hit 8 (no +Buy) I actually should have started wishing for Provinces just to get them out of the way!

If my opponent's strategy here looks incongruous, he told me he was hoping to use Talisman to spam 4s and then Forge them into Provinces. Which apparently worked better in theory than in practice. Kind of neat to see a game where there was almost no overlap between the cards in my strategy and the cards in my opponent's strategy.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.