Miscellaneous > Other Games

Through the Ages online

(1/169) > >>

Kuildeous:
Starting a new topic based on discussion elsewhere.

If you have a hard time finding the time to play a full game of Through the Ages (or you want to see what all the hoopla is about), there is a web site where you can play the game: http://www.boardgaming-online.com/index.php?cnt=1

As far as I can tell,  it's designed to handle a game over the course of days/weeks/months. Hell, if everyone is online at the same time, I suppose you could complete a game within a day.

The interface is not 100% intuitive or really even documented. For that reason, it's been suggested that you play a game with yourself first so you can get used to the interface before diving into other games. It does help. You create a game and then add other players, only the other players are yourself. So, you can have a game with four players all named the same. It can get a little confusing, but the interface also designates by color, so it's all good.

I still like the online forum because I can access it with my phone, and I'm not always working on a computer where I should have nontext elements; this forum is stretching it. However, I can play on BGO at home as well and get my TtA fix.

Tables:
I'm thinking I might join a game or two on there. I notice Galzria appears to be about to start a game.

Okay I'm starting a game for anyone from here who wants to join. Password is DominionStrategy. I'll set it to 3 player to be optimistic but not too optimistic. If anyone wants help with rules etc. I can probably help (but I've been known to get things wrong, in the game I'm moderating...)

Galzria:

--- Quote from: Tables on December 24, 2012, 12:13:46 pm ---I'm thinking I might join a game or two on there. I notice Galzria appears to be about to start a game.

Okay I'm starting a game for anyone from here who wants to join. Password is DominionStrategy. I'll set it to 3 player to be optimistic but not too optimistic. If anyone wants help with rules etc. I can probably help (but I've been known to get things wrong, in the game I'm moderating...)

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I've been fiddling with the setup, trying to get a feel for it. It's a bit difficult to follow, and it really helps to know the cards. But it's not impossible. Military/Political Actions seem the hardest to wrap my head around on the site.

Galzria:
Any idea what the best way to delete games that I'm in and no longer want to be? (I've got two self-filled games that I would rather not have on my list anymore, and I can't figure out how to resign/leave)

Tables:
No idea here, I'm afraid. I'm tempted to say if you start the game, there should be an option to resign for each player's turn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version