Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Developing Grand Market to win  (Read 1115 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
Developing Grand Market to win
« on: December 24, 2012, 02:22:53 am »

In this game I somehow went to sleep early and forgot about the Vault/Grand Market synergy. With King's Court also on the board, this would normally mean death. But not here as I stumbled upon using Develop to change my fives into topdecked Grand Markets (of course this also topdecked useless Talismans in this game as that was the only 4 and it was a Colony game as well, thank you Loan for being available as well).

Still, I was in ok shape with the cities having only one left and the Grand Market pile empty and I drew the hand of City, City, Develop, Grand Market, Copper. From there is was play the first City. Develop Grand Market, topdecking the final City and a King's Court. Play City (now at level 3 after clearing the pile). KC-City. Pile out for the win.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/23/game-20121223-231029-41aea896.html

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Re: Developing Grand Market to win
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 03:33:43 am »

I'm trying to figure out what your opponent was going for here... he hadn't greened at all by the end of the game, 17 turns in? In a KC/GM/Colony game?  Crazy.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 12:05:17 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what your opponent was going for here... he hadn't greened at all by the end of the game, 17 turns in? In a KC/GM/Colony game?  Crazy.

I'm guessing the greening was about to occur considering he had KC-KC-GM-GM-City in hand when I finished it, not that I knew he had that at that point. I'm also surprised IGG was totally ignored by both of us though it is much weaker in a Colony game and City takes on an entirely different role considering it would be level 3 after those piles are empty.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 12:45:33 pm »

Of course this is incorrect extreme argument, but probably the thing is, if you have 10 IGG + Silvers and I've got 10 Curses, 8 Cities and a couple of golds (maybe a Plat?), I'm in way better shape than you to get a couple of colonies before piling out.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.