Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How come he can manage to draw a bunch with this deck?  (Read 987 times)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
How come he can manage to draw a bunch with this deck?
« on: December 21, 2012, 02:34:46 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/20/game-20121220-232716-4fafd970.html

He seems to be just pulling out whatever random stuff from the Black Market, to pursue the same Vineyards strategy... but it always seems like he's able to find his Apprentices, draw successfully with WW or **something**, I can't even really figure it out but he's playing through a bunch of his deck constantly and getting to play multiple Black Market turns near the end even though the only Villages available are the few he pulled out of the Black Market. How the hell does that work? I thought Black Market is usually a trap, that you definitely don't want multiples of it in general, and it didn't seem like there was anything especially awesome available. Meanwhile, my plan to cycle the Hag faster early on seems to have failed - at least, it appears I managed a 6-4 split, but he had no trouble getting rid of Curses early.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: How come he can manage to draw a bunch with this deck?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 05:36:53 am »

Your wishing wells were underperforming here. If you'd taken the percentage play and wished for copper you'd have drawn a lot more cards. You need to get value from them since they don't provide much spending increase when played against sea hags. Firstly the curses interfere with easy wishing, but secondly the +1 card from a pearl diver or wishing well isn't great after a sea hag put a curse on top of the deck. Your opponent took a safer option buying silver, using the silver to buy apprentices, using the apprentices to cycle and clear the deck.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.