Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In which I play Warehouse/TM and don't hit until turn 11.  (Read 615 times)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
In which I play Warehouse/TM and don't hit until turn 11.
« on: December 20, 2012, 09:08:50 pm »

And then still win, oddly.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/20/game-20121220-180754-815a2a7d.html

ETA: And now this happens the SAME DAY

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/20/game-20121220-203333-adf8a5f7.html

Highlights:

I 8-2 Tournament, but he gets the first three prizes.

I get to Province before him, while having more Tournaments, but he lines it up immediately.

When I try to switch tactics and take the Vault-GM option, I draw a Tournament and a Province together, dead, with the Vault.

I swear I must be the unluckiest Dominion player ever. I could find examples of this kind of thing constantly in my play logs if I were keeping track. It's just unbelievable. Vetoing the only $2 card is the surest way to ensure I open 5/2. I can have a deck full of FV and terminal Silvers and be unable to hit $5 for approximately forever vs. a curser. "Take the Mint trashing", the voice in my head says, but oh, no, the other guy's Witch ensures I never see a decent hand again.

I think I'm going insane. There are times when I go to play Solitaire and just do strict BMU like ten times in a row, just to confirm to myself that yes, it does normally get 4 Provinces in 17 turns and yes, it does work the same way for me as for everyone else and no, I don't have some kind of curse on me that ensures that the only time I can hit $5 is when I'm not trying to buy $5 Actions and then I get it constantly.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:44:36 pm by zahlman »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.