Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: GOKO Beta Open to All  (Read 3695 times)

buggy

• Scout
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
    • Interactivities Ink
GOKO Beta Open to All
« on: December 19, 2012, 04:11:15 pm »

This landed in my inbox a few hours ago:

Hi Michael,

We're sending you an email because of your interest in Goko Games. We want to inform you that we've opened up the Goko beta to everyone. We're excited to have you try our new site and play some of our games including Dominion, All the King's Men & Forbidden City.

To start playing you can click here or go to www.goko.com on your browser and sign up.

The Goko Team

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: GOKO Beta Open to All
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 04:15:54 pm »
+1

I still haven't played either Forbidden City or All the King's Men.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »

Hi Michael,

We're sending you an email because of your interest in Goko Games. We want to inform you that we've opened up the Goko beta to everyone. We're excited to have you try our new site and play some of our games including Dominion, All the King's Men & Forbidden City.

To start playing you can click here or go to www.goko.com on your browser and sign up.

The Goko Team

So does this mean that I can play on Goko Dominion, too, if I want to?  Or was it just for people who get that particular email...?

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 04:20:04 pm »

Hi Michael,

The Goko Team

So does this mean that I can play on Goko Dominion, too, if I want to?  Or was it just for people who get that particular email...?

Not sure if your serious but its been open since October you just have to pay them or play with people who paid them (or just base set)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 04:21:49 pm »

Hi Michael,

The Goko Team

Not sure if your serious but its been open since October you just have to pay them or play with people who paid them (or just base set)

Right, I knew about base-only.  I was thinking that the email was indicating all of Dominion (at least what they've released) was open right now.  Sounds as if it is still pay-to-play, and thus effectively closed to me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 04:23:20 pm »

Insomniac, I don't know, but I also got my "beta invite" e-mail like, 4 days ago.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 04:30:49 pm »

Hi Michael,

The Goko Team

Right, I knew about base-only.  I was thinking that the email was indicating all of Dominion (at least what they've released) was open right now.  Sounds as if it is still pay-to-play, and thus effectively closed to me.

It's still pay to play the link to www.goko.com is the open paid beta where you can buy the sets.

Beta.Goko.com is up right now with 1/2 hinterlands but closes today or tomorrow again. and is definitely not public.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »
+1

I didn't get an email, guess I'll have to stay on Iso indefinitely
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 05:40:03 pm »

Anyone who wants can get on the public beta. You don't need an email invite. My guess is that they are gradually trying to increase the amount of people on their servers and see if that slows things down or crashes their server or whatever.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 06:06:55 pm »
+1

Hi Michael,

The Goko Team

Jeebus, just pop into someone else's game who's paid for the expansions.  I'll host if you like (if you don't mind me recording :D ).
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:12 pm »

Hi Michael,

The Goko Team

Jeebus, just pop into someone else's game who's paid for the expansions.  I'll host if you like (if you don't mind me recording :D ).

Nope, I don't mind you recording.  I wouldn't mind playing some -- does it do alright on Firefox?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »
+1

Hi Michael,

The Goko Team

Nope, I don't mind you recording.  I wouldn't mind playing some -- does it do alright on Firefox?

It does.  Also, I PMed you.

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.