Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2013 Edition  (Read 114165 times)

yukonhorror

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2013 Edition
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2013, 05:32:11 pm »

As a side note, I did some fun number crunching. 

I took the current lists (sorry alchemy/guilds) and assigned a score to each card based on how high it was on its list and how long the list was

Because things can get "tight" they were in five card blocks. 

For example, there are 20 $2 cards.  the first five cards got a score of 4, then next five got 3, etc...
So, I don't understand this - you block them together in groups of five presumably because a difference of 1 rank might not mean much... but this doesn't actually solve that problem, really - now it just depends on where things happen to land. So the difference between 1 and 5 is less than the difference between 5 and 6?

I guess I was afraid certain cards would get too much weight for a set.  I am not looking at individual cards, but sets as a whole.  However, on the secondary list where it is weighted by number of cards - rank, the set list is very similar. 

As for heron's comment, I haven't seen Qvists "weights".  I just took the lists from the wiki. 

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #151 on: October 08, 2013, 08:39:19 am »
+1

Soooo were these lists ever finished for this particular ranking? I mean Qvist was doing an amazing job but he has been suddenly absent from the forums for about four months.

Choking back tears I wonder if we'll ever see him again... OK maybe that's a touch dramatic, but I hope he's OK.

I really looked forward to these, though, and it would be really neat to at least have one ranking that included all of the Guilds cards. I wonder if the next couple of months would be an appropriate time for that?

...I would be willing to contribute to this, even lead it (in honor of my departed FDSBFF) but I don't know if that's something people would want. Do people want this? Should I start a new thread to see who all is willing to contribute? Thoughts?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2013, 09:18:41 am »

Good idea, I would participate.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2013, 10:25:12 am »

Soooo were these lists ever finished for this particular ranking? I mean Qvist was doing an amazing job but he has been suddenly absent from the forums for about four months.

Choking back tears I wonder if we'll ever see him again... OK maybe that's a touch dramatic, but I hope he's OK.

I really looked forward to these, though, and it would be really neat to at least have one ranking that included all of the Guilds cards. I wonder if the next couple of months would be an appropriate time for that?

...I would be willing to contribute to this, even lead it (in honor of my departed FDSBFF) but I don't know if that's something people would want. Do people want this? Should I start a new thread to see who all is willing to contribute? Thoughts?

Qvist revealed everything except the new Potion cards list, which I don't expect changed very much.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2013, 10:28:51 am »

Did he reveal the favorite cards list? I was looking forward to those :-\

In any case, if there isn't an outcry of people telling me this is a bad idea by later today I'll start a new thread with an outline for what needs done, volunteers to help, etc.

...or if someone else wants to head it up that's fine with me too.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2013, 10:54:47 am »
+1

In any case, if there isn't an outcry of people telling me this is a bad idea by later today I'll start a new thread with an outline for what needs done, volunteers to help, etc.

I'm all for this. We got 55 submissions last time, and it would be great to get more. I think one thing that would really increase the number of lists submitted is to have some sort of website that helps you rank the lists. Qvist did this last time using SurveyMonkey, but the interface was clunky and didn't make it much easier. A site that compares 2 cards at a time and uses those comparisons for sorting is much more user-friendly, and would probably result in more submissions. I wrote a Python script to do this for the programmers in the crowd, but for everyone else a website would be great. Maybe we can cajole ragingduckd (or someone else with web skillz) into doing this.

GwinnR

• Tactician
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
    • German Youtube-Videos
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2013, 11:48:48 am »

I don't know anything about programming, but I'm doing something similar in the german forums. It is about which card you like the last. I always give some pairs of cards and you have to say which card you like less.
It is by far not as cool as the lists of Qvist and it is with no website, but only writing which card you like less. But anyways, if you are interested in, I can expand it to the forums here.
Nobody's perfect, but I'm only a nobody o.O

My german Youtube-Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gwinnrdominion

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2013, 11:53:50 am »

I'm all for this. We got 55 submissions last time, and it would be great to get more. I think one thing that would really increase the number of lists submitted is to have some sort of website that helps you rank the lists. Qvist did this last time using SurveyMonkey, but the interface was clunky and didn't make it much easier. A site that compares 2 cards at a time and uses those comparisons for sorting is much more user-friendly, and would probably result in more submissions. I wrote a Python script to do this for the programmers in the crowd, but for everyone else a website would be great. Maybe we can cajole ragingduckd (or someone else with web skillz) into doing this.

I can probably throw together such a page pretty quickly. But explain in more detail how you see it working? It just keeps showing 2 cards and you pick which of the 2 is better?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2013, 12:35:04 pm »

Seems like this is enough discussion to warrant its own thread.

Thanks for the input everybody! See you there!

PS, would it be helpful to move relevant posts to that thread via moderator magic?

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2014, 07:27:51 am »
+4

Finally managed to wrap up this edition. I plan to start submission of the 2014 Edition within the next 1-2 weeks.

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2014, 06:12:17 pm »

Finally managed to wrap up this edition. I plan to start submission of the 2014 Edition within the next 1-2 weeks.

Isn't the favourites list still missing? Anyway, thanks for all the work; I'm looking forward to the 2014 edition.

PS: Could you update your "signature" with the missing 2013 links? Otherwise I won't find the $6 list any more  ;)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2014, 03:33:19 am »

I love these lists. Can't wait to see where DA and Guilds properly rank.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2014, 06:19:02 am »
+3

Isn't the favourites list still missing? Anyway, thanks for all the work; I'm looking forward to the 2014 edition.

PS: Could you update your "signature" with the missing 2013 links? Otherwise I won't find the $6 list any more  ;)

The signature already had too many links in it. I changed it now completely. But if you click on the 2013 thread there are all threads linked.
I plan to start the 2014 edition this weekend. *fingers crossed*

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2014, 12:51:12 am »
+2

Well, we have a new $6+ card to rank now!  Though it'll have to wait until next year, I suppose.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 20, 2015, 01:43:25 pm »

So how long until we've all had enough time to rank Adventures somewhat fairly?

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2015, 01:44:10 pm »
+3

Probably a while after it's available online?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2015, 02:11:10 pm »
+5

Probably a while after it's available online?

Are you familiar with the concept of heat death of the Universe?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2015, 02:28:53 pm »
+3

Kyubey pls.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2015, 06:45:47 am »

I actually PM'd Qvist asking this not that long ago. In short he said not yet since it isn't available online, which is where most of the Dominion play occurs, so people have had far less experience with it so far.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 29, 2015, 01:09:54 pm »

I would love to see what the community thinks about the new cards, although I understand that most have insufficient experience with Adventures right now.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 29, 2015, 10:42:50 pm »

Kyubey pls.
This post got a second upvote! So then, I'm not the only one that knew the reference?

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2015, 07:58:33 pm »

So it's pretty clear that, even if Adventures comes out online in 2015, it won't be out long enough for people to fairly rank the cards.

Is there any chance we could do a Dominion Cards Lists 2015 edition with just the cards currently available online? I know there was only one card released since the 2014 list came out, but it could be interesting to see how the perception of card power has changed with the metagame.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 02, 2015, 12:38:05 am »

So it's pretty clear that, even if Adventures comes out online in 2015, it won't be out long enough for people to fairly rank the cards.

Is there any chance we could do a Dominion Cards Lists 2015 edition with just the cards currently available online? I know there was only one card released since the 2014 list came out, but it could be interesting to see how the perception of card power has changed with the metagame.

I'm down with this if Qvist is. I agree about not ranking Adventures. It would be more of a predictions list if we tried to rank them, well, except for the play testers, I guess.

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 02, 2015, 06:36:33 am »
+16

I'm all for ranking Adventures even if it isn't available online. These lists are all for our own amusement anyway, it's not like anyone's life is going to get ruined if they aren't perfectly accurate.

If nothing else it gives us something to laugh at 1-2 years from now, and laughing is fun.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 02, 2015, 05:42:14 pm »

I'm all for ranking Adventures even if it isn't available online. These lists are all for our own amusement anyway, it's not like anyone's life is going to get ruined if they aren't perfectly accurate.

If nothing else it gives us something to laugh at 1-2 years from now, and laughing is fun.

Wasn't Rebuild ranked like 26 or something when the first DA list came out?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 21 queries.