Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: The Dominion Cards Lists 2013 Edition  (Read 114173 times)

khanh93

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
Re: The Dominion Cards Lists 2013 Edition
« Reply #75 on: December 25, 2012, 04:42:13 am »

Schneau's sorting program is great. Try it before going the hard way.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2012, 06:50:23 am »
+1

Now I'm finally back after I had Limited Access unexpectedly. I try to answer now all of your PMs and start evaluating all your submissions.

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2012, 08:10:50 am »
+1

Just run "python DominionCardSorter.py" and everything else should be self-explanatory from there!
I have downloaded Python 3.3 and your file. I tried to run it the way described in http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2004-July/030634.html - when I hit Enter I see a black window appear for a moment and then nothing happens. I'm on Windows XP. What am I doing wrong?

The first problem is that I wrote it in Python 2.7, which isn't compatible with Python 3.3, so it's probably getting errors. I'd recommend downloading Python 2.7.

Next, instead of running on the command line in Windows (since it's a pain), I'd recommend opening IDLE, a Python interpreter GUI that comes with Python. Click Start -> Programs ->Python 2.7 -> IDLE (Python GUI). Then, click File -> New Window, paste in the program, save it somewhere, and then click Run -> Run Module. It will then run the program, and output your results so you can copy and paste them.

If you're on Mac or Linux, it's easy to just run it from command line by doing "python DominionCardSorter.py", as long as you have a Python 2.x.

I have a Mac and I can't figure it out :/

Open your Terminal (click the magnifying glass in the top right corner and type "terminal"). Change directory to wherever the program is saved - for example, if you save it to your desktop, type "cd Desktop". Type "ls" to make sure you see the program. If so, type "python DominionCardSorter.py", and it should start right up!

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2012, 01:55:27 pm »
+3

...and start evaluating all your submissions.

I know what you mean here, but I still get the mental image of you going through and thinking "Oh it's Tables entry, let's have a look.... BAHAHAHA this is too awful!"

I mean, I know you probably do that anyway but...
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2012, 02:19:49 pm »

Just run "python DominionCardSorter.py" and everything else should be self-explanatory from there!
I have downloaded Python 3.3 and your file. I tried to run it the way described in http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2004-July/030634.html - when I hit Enter I see a black window appear for a moment and then nothing happens. I'm on Windows XP. What am I doing wrong?

The first problem is that I wrote it in Python 2.7, which isn't compatible with Python 3.3, so it's probably getting errors. I'd recommend downloading Python 2.7.

Next, instead of running on the command line in Windows (since it's a pain), I'd recommend opening IDLE, a Python interpreter GUI that comes with Python. Click Start -> Programs ->Python 2.7 -> IDLE (Python GUI). Then, click File -> New Window, paste in the program, save it somewhere, and then click Run -> Run Module. It will then run the program, and output your results so you can copy and paste them.

If you're on Mac or Linux, it's easy to just run it from command line by doing "python DominionCardSorter.py", as long as you have a Python 2.x.
I've just tried this. When running the module, I get error message: There's an error in your program: expected an indented block". In the code, word "set" in line 39 is highlighted in red.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2012, 02:22:38 pm »

I know what you mean here, but I still get the mental image of you going through and thinking "Oh it's Tables entry, let's have a look.... BAHAHAHA this is too awful!"

I don't do that because I don't have the time to really look into the submissions. But now I'll have an extra look in your rating.  ;)

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2012, 03:49:03 pm »

I don't do that because I don't have the time to really look into the submissions. But now I'll have an extra look in your rating.  ;)

Good luck, I haven't submitted yet :P. Mainly, I want to play a little more with DA on Goko, before I submit.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2012, 03:53:07 pm »

I should have waited... I submitted, and THEN went to play the DA adventures on goko, and then immediately regretted so many of my DA rankings.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2012, 03:58:11 pm »

I should have waited... I submitted, and THEN went to play the DA adventures on goko, and then immediately regretted so many of my DA rankings.

Just re-submit if you have the time. I'll take your new submission, if you do.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »

I've just tried this. When running the module, I get error message: There's an error in your program: expected an indented block". In the code, word "set" in line 39 is highlighted in red.

I ran into this problem when I just copy-pasted the code from the github page (rather than actually downloading/cloning it); here's code you can copy-paste with indentation that should work (works in IDLE on my Mac at least):

Code: [Select]
import random

allCards = ['Cellar', 'Chapel', 'Moat', 'Courtyard', 'Pawn', 'Secret Chamber', 'Embargo', 'Haven', 'Lighthouse', 'Native Village', 'Pearl Diver', 'Herbalist', 'Hamlet', 'Crossroads', 'Duchess', "Fool's Gold", 'Beggar', 'Poor House', 'Squire', 'Vagrant', 'Chancellor', 'Village', 'Woodcutter', 'Workshop', 'Great Hall', 'Masquerade', 'Shanty Town', 'Steward', 'Swindler', 'Wishing Well', 'Ambassador', 'Fishing Village', 'Lookout', 'Smugglers', 'Warehouse', 'Loan', 'Trade Route', 'Watchtower', 'Fortune Teller', 'Menagerie', 'Develop', 'Oasis', 'Oracle', 'Scheme', 'Tunnel', 'Forager', 'Hermit/Madman', 'Market Square', 'Sage', 'Storeroom', 'Urchin/Mercenary', 'Black Market', 'Bureaucrat', 'Feast', 'Gardens', 'Militia', 'Moneylender', 'Remodel', 'Smithy', 'Spy', 'Thief', 'Throne Room', 'Baron', 'Bridge', 'Conspirator', 'Coppersmith', 'Ironworks', 'Mining Village', 'Scout', 'Caravan', 'Cutpurse', 'Island', 'Navigator', 'Pirate Ship', 'Salvager', 'Sea Hag', 'Treasure Map', 'Bishop', 'Monument', 'Quarry', 'Talisman', "Worker's Village", 'Farming Village', 'Horse Traders', 'Remake', 'Tournament', 'Young Witch', 'Jack of all Trades', 'Noble Brigand', 'Nomad Camp', 'Silk Road', 'Spice Merchant', 'Trader', 'Armory', 'Death Cart', 'Feodum', 'Fortress', 'Ironmonger', 'Marauder', 'Procession', 'Rats', 'Scavenger', 'Wandering Minstrel', 'Envoy', 'Walled Village', 'Council Room', 'Festival', 'Laboratory', 'Library', 'Market', 'Mine', 'Witch', 'Duke', 'Minion', 'Saboteur', 'Torturer', 'Trading Post', 'Tribute', 'Upgrade', 'Bazaar', 'Explorer', 'Ghost Ship', 'Merchant Ship', 'Outpost', 'Tactician', 'Treasury', 'Wharf', 'Apprentice', 'City', 'Contraband', 'Counting House', 'Mint', 'Mountebank', 'Rabble', 'Royal Seal', 'Vault', 'Venture', 'Harvest', 'Horn of Plenty', 'Hunting Party', 'Jester', 'Cache', 'Cartographer', 'Embassy', 'Haggler', 'Highway', 'Ill-Gotten Gains', 'Inn', 'Mandarin', 'Margrave', 'Stables', 'Bandit Camp', 'Band of Misfits', 'Catacombs', 'Counterfeit', 'Count', 'Cultist', 'Graverobber', 'Junk Dealer', 'Knights', 'Mystic', 'Pillage', 'Rebuild', 'Rogue', 'Governor', 'Stash', 'Adventurer', 'Harem', 'Nobles', 'Goons', 'Grand Market', 'Hoard', 'Bank', 'Expand', 'Forge', "King's Court", 'Peddler', 'Fairgrounds', 'Border Village', 'Farmland', 'Altar', 'Hunting Grounds', 'Transmute', 'Vineyard', 'Apothecary', 'Scrying Pool', 'University', 'Alchemist', 'Familiar', "Philosopher's Stone", 'Golem', 'Possession']

oneAndTwo = ['Cellar', 'Chapel', 'Moat', 'Courtyard', 'Pawn', 'Secret Chamber', 'Embargo', 'Haven', 'Lighthouse', 'Native Village', 'Pearl Diver', 'Herbalist', 'Hamlet', 'Crossroads', 'Duchess', "Fool's Gold", 'Beggar', 'Poor House', 'Squire', 'Vagrant']

three = ['Chancellor', 'Village', 'Woodcutter', 'Workshop', 'Great Hall', 'Masquerade', 'Shanty Town', 'Steward', 'Swindler', 'Wishing Well', 'Ambassador', 'Fishing Village', 'Lookout', 'Smugglers', 'Warehouse', 'Loan', 'Trade Route', 'Watchtower', 'Fortune Teller', 'Menagerie', 'Develop', 'Oasis', 'Oracle', 'Scheme', 'Tunnel', 'Forager', 'Hermit/Madman', 'Market Square', 'Sage', 'Storeroom', 'Urchin/Mercenary', 'Black Market']

four = ['Bureaucrat', 'Feast', 'Gardens', 'Militia', 'Moneylender', 'Remodel', 'Smithy', 'Spy', 'Thief', 'Throne Room', 'Baron', 'Bridge', 'Conspirator', 'Coppersmith', 'Ironworks', 'Mining Village', 'Scout', 'Caravan', 'Cutpurse', 'Island', 'Navigator', 'Pirate Ship', 'Salvager', 'Sea Hag', 'Treasure Map', 'Bishop', 'Monument', 'Quarry', 'Talisman', "Worker's Village", 'Farming Village', 'Horse Traders', 'Remake', 'Tournament', 'Young Witch', 'Jack of all Trades', 'Noble Brigand', 'Nomad Camp', 'Silk Road', 'Spice Merchant', 'Trader', 'Armory', 'Death Cart', 'Feodum', 'Fortress', 'Ironmonger', 'Marauder', 'Procession', 'Rats', 'Scavenger', 'Wandering Minstrel', 'Envoy', 'Walled Village']

five = ['Council Room', 'Festival', 'Laboratory', 'Library', 'Market', 'Mine', 'Witch', 'Duke', 'Minion', 'Saboteur', 'Torturer', 'Trading Post', 'Tribute', 'Upgrade', 'Bazaar', 'Explorer', 'Ghost Ship', 'Merchant Ship', 'Outpost', 'Tactician', 'Treasury', 'Wharf', 'Apprentice', 'City', 'Contraband', 'Counting House', 'Mint', 'Mountebank', 'Rabble', 'Royal Seal', 'Vault', 'Venture', 'Harvest', 'Horn of Plenty', 'Hunting Party', 'Jester', 'Cache', 'Cartographer', 'Embassy', 'Haggler', 'Highway', 'Ill-Gotten Gains', 'Inn', 'Mandarin', 'Margrave', 'Stables', 'Bandit Camp', 'Band of Misfits', 'Catacombs', 'Counterfeit', 'Count', 'Cultist', 'Graverobber', 'Junk Dealer', 'Knights', 'Mystic', 'Pillage', 'Rebuild', 'Rogue', 'Governor', 'Stash']

sixPlus = ['Adventurer', 'Harem', 'Nobles', 'Goons', 'Grand Market', 'Hoard', 'Bank', 'Expand', 'Forge', "King's Court", 'Peddler', 'Fairgrounds', 'Border Village', 'Farmland', 'Altar', 'Hunting Grounds']

potion = ['Transmute', 'Vineyard', 'Apothecary', 'Scrying Pool', 'University', 'Alchemist', 'Familiar', "Philosopher's Stone", 'Golem', 'Possession']

prizes = ['Bag of Gold', 'Diadem', 'Trusty Steed', 'Followers', 'Princess']

knights = ['Sir Martin', 'Dame Anna', 'Dame Josephine', 'Dame Molly', 'Dame Natalie', 'Dame Sylvia', 'Sir Bailey', 'Sir Destry', 'Sir Michael', 'Sir Vander']

ruins = ['Ruined Village', 'Ruined Library', 'Ruined Market', 'Abandoned Mine', 'Survivors']

#####

print "Enter the number of the list you wish to sort:"
print " 1. All Cards"
print " 2. Cards costing $1 and $2"
print " 3. Cards costing $3"
print " 4. Cards costing $4"
print " 5. Cards costing $5"
print " 6. Cards costing $6 and more"
print " 7. Cards with Potion in their cost"
print " 8. Prizes"
print " 9. Knights"
print " 10. Ruins"
set = '0'
while set not in ["1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10"]:
      set = raw_input("Choice: ")

print

sets = [allCards, oneAndTwo, three, four, five, sixPlus, potion, prizes, knights, ruins]
cards = sets[int(set) - 1]
random.shuffle(cards)

#####

# Comparator
comparisons = 0
def human_card_comparator(card1, card2):
      global comparisons
      comparisons += 1
      print "Select card you think is better:"
      print "1. %s" % card1
      print "2. %s" % card2
      choice = 'a'
      while choice != '1' and choice != '2':
            choice = raw_input("Choice: ")
      if choice == '1':
            return -1
      else:
            return 1

cards.sort(human_card_comparator)

print
print "Your ordering after %i comparisons is:" % comparisons
print
for card in cards:
      print card
print
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:33:15 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2012, 10:47:17 pm »

Can I resubmit if I desire. I am thinking of trying out Schneaus rating thing. Although, I think the list I sent you was pretty good considering I had well over 500 DA games under my belt when I submitted my list, but maybe I can make my rankings just slightly better.

EDIT: I hope it's okay. I have resubmitted my list.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:07:54 am by Beyond Awesome »

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2012, 09:03:04 am »

I ran into this problem when I just copy-pasted the code from the github page (rather than actually downloading/cloning it); here's code you can copy-paste with indentation that should work (works in IDLE on my Mac at least):

Code: [Select]
import random

allCards = ['Cellar', 'Chapel', 'Moat', 'Courtyard', 'Pawn', 'Secret Chamber', 'Embargo', 'Haven', 'Lighthouse', 'Native Village', 'Pearl Diver', 'Herbalist', 'Hamlet', 'Crossroads', 'Duchess', "Fool's Gold", 'Beggar', 'Poor House', 'Squire', 'Vagrant', 'Chancellor', 'Village', 'Woodcutter', 'Workshop', 'Great Hall', 'Masquerade', 'Shanty Town', 'Steward', 'Swindler', 'Wishing Well', 'Ambassador', 'Fishing Village', 'Lookout', 'Smugglers', 'Warehouse', 'Loan', 'Trade Route', 'Watchtower', 'Fortune Teller', 'Menagerie', 'Develop', 'Oasis', 'Oracle', 'Scheme', 'Tunnel', 'Forager', 'Hermit/Madman', 'Market Square', 'Sage', 'Storeroom', 'Urchin/Mercenary', 'Black Market', 'Bureaucrat', 'Feast', 'Gardens', 'Militia', 'Moneylender', 'Remodel', 'Smithy', 'Spy', 'Thief', 'Throne Room', 'Baron', 'Bridge', 'Conspirator', 'Coppersmith', 'Ironworks', 'Mining Village', 'Scout', 'Caravan', 'Cutpurse', 'Island', 'Navigator', 'Pirate Ship', 'Salvager', 'Sea Hag', 'Treasure Map', 'Bishop', 'Monument', 'Quarry', 'Talisman', "Worker's Village", 'Farming Village', 'Horse Traders', 'Remake', 'Tournament', 'Young Witch', 'Jack of all Trades', 'Noble Brigand', 'Nomad Camp', 'Silk Road', 'Spice Merchant', 'Trader', 'Armory', 'Death Cart', 'Feodum', 'Fortress', 'Ironmonger', 'Marauder', 'Procession', 'Rats', 'Scavenger', 'Wandering Minstrel', 'Envoy', 'Walled Village', 'Council Room', 'Festival', 'Laboratory', 'Library', 'Market', 'Mine', 'Witch', 'Duke', 'Minion', 'Saboteur', 'Torturer', 'Trading Post', 'Tribute', 'Upgrade', 'Bazaar', 'Explorer', 'Ghost Ship', 'Merchant Ship', 'Outpost', 'Tactician', 'Treasury', 'Wharf', 'Apprentice', 'City', 'Contraband', 'Counting House', 'Mint', 'Mountebank', 'Rabble', 'Royal Seal', 'Vault', 'Venture', 'Harvest', 'Horn of Plenty', 'Hunting Party', 'Jester', 'Cache', 'Cartographer', 'Embassy', 'Haggler', 'Highway', 'Ill-Gotten Gains', 'Inn', 'Mandarin', 'Margrave', 'Stables', 'Bandit Camp', 'Band of Misfits', 'Catacombs', 'Counterfeit', 'Count', 'Cultist', 'Graverobber', 'Junk Dealer', 'Knights', 'Mystic', 'Pillage', 'Rebuild', 'Rogue', 'Governor', 'Stash', 'Adventurer', 'Harem', 'Nobles', 'Goons', 'Grand Market', 'Hoard', 'Bank', 'Expand', 'Forge', "King's Court", 'Peddler', 'Fairgrounds', 'Border Village', 'Farmland', 'Altar', 'Hunting Grounds', 'Transmute', 'Vineyard', 'Apothecary', 'Scrying Pool', 'University', 'Alchemist', 'Familiar', "Philosopher's Stone", 'Golem', 'Possession']

oneAndTwo = ['Cellar', 'Chapel', 'Moat', 'Courtyard', 'Pawn', 'Secret Chamber', 'Embargo', 'Haven', 'Lighthouse', 'Native Village', 'Pearl Diver', 'Herbalist', 'Hamlet', 'Crossroads', 'Duchess', "Fool's Gold", 'Beggar', 'Poor House', 'Squire', 'Vagrant']

three = ['Chancellor', 'Village', 'Woodcutter', 'Workshop', 'Great Hall', 'Masquerade', 'Shanty Town', 'Steward', 'Swindler', 'Wishing Well', 'Ambassador', 'Fishing Village', 'Lookout', 'Smugglers', 'Warehouse', 'Loan', 'Trade Route', 'Watchtower', 'Fortune Teller', 'Menagerie', 'Develop', 'Oasis', 'Oracle', 'Scheme', 'Tunnel', 'Forager', 'Hermit/Madman', 'Market Square', 'Sage', 'Storeroom', 'Urchin/Mercenary', 'Black Market']

four = ['Bureaucrat', 'Feast', 'Gardens', 'Militia', 'Moneylender', 'Remodel', 'Smithy', 'Spy', 'Thief', 'Throne Room', 'Baron', 'Bridge', 'Conspirator', 'Coppersmith', 'Ironworks', 'Mining Village', 'Scout', 'Caravan', 'Cutpurse', 'Island', 'Navigator', 'Pirate Ship', 'Salvager', 'Sea Hag', 'Treasure Map', 'Bishop', 'Monument', 'Quarry', 'Talisman', "Worker's Village", 'Farming Village', 'Horse Traders', 'Remake', 'Tournament', 'Young Witch', 'Jack of all Trades', 'Noble Brigand', 'Nomad Camp', 'Silk Road', 'Spice Merchant', 'Trader', 'Armory', 'Death Cart', 'Feodum', 'Fortress', 'Ironmonger', 'Marauder', 'Procession', 'Rats', 'Scavenger', 'Wandering Minstrel', 'Envoy', 'Walled Village']

five = ['Council Room', 'Festival', 'Laboratory', 'Library', 'Market', 'Mine', 'Witch', 'Duke', 'Minion', 'Saboteur', 'Torturer', 'Trading Post', 'Tribute', 'Upgrade', 'Bazaar', 'Explorer', 'Ghost Ship', 'Merchant Ship', 'Outpost', 'Tactician', 'Treasury', 'Wharf', 'Apprentice', 'City', 'Contraband', 'Counting House', 'Mint', 'Mountebank', 'Rabble', 'Royal Seal', 'Vault', 'Venture', 'Harvest', 'Horn of Plenty', 'Hunting Party', 'Jester', 'Cache', 'Cartographer', 'Embassy', 'Haggler', 'Highway', 'Ill-Gotten Gains', 'Inn', 'Mandarin', 'Margrave', 'Stables', 'Bandit Camp', 'Band of Misfits', 'Catacombs', 'Counterfeit', 'Count', 'Cultist', 'Graverobber', 'Junk Dealer', 'Knights', 'Mystic', 'Pillage', 'Rebuild', 'Rogue', 'Governor', 'Stash']

sixPlus = ['Adventurer', 'Harem', 'Nobles', 'Goons', 'Grand Market', 'Hoard', 'Bank', 'Expand', 'Forge', "King's Court", 'Peddler', 'Fairgrounds', 'Border Village', 'Farmland', 'Altar', 'Hunting Grounds']

potion = ['Transmute', 'Vineyard', 'Apothecary', 'Scrying Pool', 'University', 'Alchemist', 'Familiar', "Philosopher's Stone", 'Golem', 'Possession']

prizes = ['Bag of Gold', 'Diadem', 'Trusty Steed', 'Followers', 'Princess']

knights = ['Sir Martin', 'Dame Anna', 'Dame Josephine', 'Dame Molly', 'Dame Natalie', 'Dame Sylvia', 'Sir Bailey', 'Sir Destry', 'Sir Michael', 'Sir Vander']

ruins = ['Ruined Village', 'Ruined Library', 'Ruined Market', 'Abandoned Mine', 'Survivors']

#####

print "Enter the number of the list you wish to sort:"
print " 1. All Cards"
print " 2. Cards costing $1 and $2"
print " 3. Cards costing $3"
print " 4. Cards costing $4"
print " 5. Cards costing $5"
print " 6. Cards costing $6 and more"
print " 7. Cards with Potion in their cost"
print " 8. Prizes"
print " 9. Knights"
print " 10. Ruins"
set = '0'
while set not in ["1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10"]:
      set = raw_input("Choice: ")

print

sets = [allCards, oneAndTwo, three, four, five, sixPlus, potion, prizes, knights, ruins]
cards = sets[int(set) - 1]
random.shuffle(cards)

#####

# Comparator
comparisons = 0
def human_card_comparator(card1, card2):
      global comparisons
      comparisons += 1
      print "Select card you think is better:"
      print "1. %s" % card1
      print "2. %s" % card2
      choice = 'a'
      while choice != '1' and choice != '2':
            choice = raw_input("Choice: ")
      if choice == '1':
            return -1
      else:
            return 1

cards.sort(human_card_comparator)

print
print "Your ordering after %i comparisons is:" % comparisons
print
for card in cards:
      print card
print

Yeah, Gist must have thrown in extra spaces, which mess up Python's blocks :( . Use michaeljb's code here or copy the raw file here.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2012, 01:39:27 pm »

Can I resubmit if I desire. I am thinking of trying out Schneaus rating thing. Although, I think the list I sent you was pretty good considering I had well over 500 DA games under my belt when I submitted my list, but maybe I can make my rankings just slightly better.

EDIT: I hope it's okay. I have resubmitted my list.

Of course, it's okay.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2012, 02:51:29 pm »

how many entries so far?

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2012, 07:16:10 pm »

I am curious to hear (maybe after the list has been revealed?) how people's non-Schneau-lists and Schneau-lists compare. To be fair, that should be MaxDiff and no MaxDiff. I did the $2, $3, $6, and P cards before his sorter. Anyone else notice significant shifts?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2012, 07:19:33 pm »

Personally (and using the sorter right now) I'm checking my lists after they're made, and making adjustments which don't look right. But on the whole it seems pretty good. The main issue is, what it's essentially doing is asking you to place a card among the ones you've already sorted, and if you place one wrong early and it ends up about 1/2, 1/4 or 3/4s of the way through your list, it can really screw things up, as those are basically the key points where comparisons are going to hit. For example I think I put one of my $3's slightly higher than I think it deserved (Market Square I think), and ended up putting more stuff above it, but it ended up with a bunch of slightly better cards below Market Square, and a bunch of slightly worse cards above it, which I fixed by hand.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2012, 12:19:30 am »

how many entries so far?

36 have submitted the survey and then there are about 5 more which I got per PM. But there are still 19 uncompleted surveys. I don't know if there are not yet finished or if they resigned because the interface isn't that good or the task itself is too difficult. That means that we already have more than in the first edition, but still way less than last time. So, go submit.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2012, 12:41:16 am »

I am curious to hear (maybe after the list has been revealed?) how people's non-Schneau-lists and Schneau-lists compare. To be fair, that should be MaxDiff and no MaxDiff. I did the $2, $3, $6, and P cards before his sorter. Anyone else notice significant shifts?

For me, I felt Schneau's list was probably a bit more accurate. It showed me how I subconsciously viewed cards, and I felt that was a better way of rating cards.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2012, 12:50:46 am »

how many entries so far?

36 have submitted the survey and then there are about 5 more which I got per PM. But there are still 19 uncompleted surveys. I don't know if there are not yet finished or if they resigned because the interface isn't that good or the task itself is too difficult. That means that we already have more than in the first edition, but still way less than last time. So, go submit.

I'm guessing not as many submitted as last time because not as many people have had an opportunity to play many DA games since some people are holding out on playing on Goko.

Qvist

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2012, 12:58:48 am »

You can rate and leave out Dark Ages, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2012, 08:16:13 am »
+2

Personally (and using the sorter right now) I'm checking my lists after they're made, and making adjustments which don't look right. But on the whole it seems pretty good. The main issue is, what it's essentially doing is asking you to place a card among the ones you've already sorted, and if you place one wrong early and it ends up about 1/2, 1/4 or 3/4s of the way through your list, it can really screw things up, as those are basically the key points where comparisons are going to hit. For example I think I put one of my $3's slightly higher than I think it deserved (Market Square I think), and ended up putting more stuff above it, but it ended up with a bunch of slightly better cards below Market Square, and a bunch of slightly worse cards above it, which I fixed by hand.

I do the same thing of sorting by hand afterward. I think it's important to fix small (and sometimes large) mistakes that occur because of the unintuitive system of sorting. But, I think the program gives you a great baseline to work with.

RobBennett

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2012, 09:54:02 am »

I have not read the entire thread. So it is possible that this point has been addressed elsewhere.

I love the lists. They are a big help to me in trying to better understand the game.

I would be happy to participate. But I do not have all the expansions and thus do not know all the cards (i only play in real life).

I am presuming that it is better for me not to participate. Is that right? If there is a way for people who do not know all the cards to offer their thoughts on the cards they do know, I would be happy to participate.

Rob

heron

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: heron
  • Respect: +1183
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:10 am »

Based on what has been said, you can participate for sure.
Just rate the cards you feel comfortable rating, stick the rest at the bottom, and write in the message box at the end which expansions you did not rate.

It would probably be even easier if you sent him your rankings by PM.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2012, 10:19:33 am »

I have not read the entire thread. So it is possible that this point has been addressed elsewhere.

I love the lists. They are a big help to me in trying to better understand the game.

I would be happy to participate. But I do not have all the expansions and thus do not know all the cards (i only play in real life).

I am presuming that it is better for me not to participate. Is that right? If there is a way for people who do not know all the cards to offer their thoughts on the cards they do know, I would be happy to participate.

Rob

You should definitely participate! Just rate the sets you know.

If you don't know a expansion (e.g. Dark Ages) very well you can choose to leave it out. But be sure that if you want to include a card of a specific expansion, you have to rank all cards of the expansion. There are no restriction with Promo cards, so if you don't know Governor very well, you can leave it out. (As I see now, the interface has changed on the polls. You cannot leave out cards now. Just put them all on the bottom and leave a note in the comment.)
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

RobBennett

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2012, 05:29:26 pm »

Okay, I will do that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Rob
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 21 queries.