Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: One year  (Read 1041 times)

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
One year
« on: December 19, 2012, 10:05:07 am »
+13

Today it's exactly one year ago I found out someone implemented Dominion online.
Plus... today I found out Councilroom is back up again. Hurray!

A nice moment to look up the craziest last-turn-comeback I ever had.
It's a game dating from February, against Marin when he was still called marin.

This game features an early ambassador war, and reading through the log now I can only conclude that I just didn't get the point of these wars back then.
I neglect to return two coppers on my turn 3, and from there on it goes somewhat downhill.

On his turn 11 marin decides it's time to pick up a curse and start 'explaining' to me why it's bad to lose ambassador wars.
I somewhat manage to keep my deck thin, greatly helped by Spice Merchant. But I don't come even close to matching his buildup in power.

On his turn 21 he prepares to end it on the next turn, by bringing the Cities to level 2. Not a bad plan because he owns 4 Cities to my 1, 3 golds to my 1 and a lot less nonsense in his deck (1 Ambassador in stead of 2 Ambassadors, a Spice Merchant, 1 Estate and 2 Curses). 8 curses in the supply, 2 in my deck and no buying power for me... what could possibly go wrong?

And then... well... a very ::) last turn
Join the Dominion League!

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
Re: One year
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:08 am »

Today it's exactly one year ago I found out someone implemented Dominion online.
Plus... today I found out Councilroom is back up again. Hurray!

A nice moment to look up the craziest last-turn-comeback I ever had.
It's a game dating from February, against Marin when he was still called marin.

This game features an early ambassador war, and reading through the log now I can only conclude that I just didn't get the point of these wars back then.
I neglect to return two coppers on my turn 3, and from there on it goes somewhat downhill.

On his turn 11 marin decides it's time to pick up a curse and start 'explaining' to me why it's bad to lose ambassador wars.
I somewhat manage to keep my deck thin, greatly helped by Spice Merchant. But I don't come even close to matching his buildup in power.

On his turn 21 he prepares to end it on the next turn, by bringing the Cities to level 2. Not a bad plan because he owns 4 Cities to my 1, 3 golds to my 1 and a lot less nonsense in his deck (1 Ambassador in stead of 2 Ambassadors, a Spice Merchant, 1 Estate and 2 Curses). 8 curses in the supply, 2 in my deck and no buying power for me... what could possibly go wrong?

And then... well... a very ::) last turn

Impressive.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 20 queries.