Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A game to think about  (Read 1203 times)

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
A game to think about
« on: December 19, 2012, 09:26:59 am »

Here's a kingdom to think about from a Goko game : Develop, Loan, Workshop, Bureaucrat, Death Cart, Feodum, Gardens, Tournament, Count, Nobles.

It's a three player game. First player buys a workshop. Second player buys a death cart. What's your strategy in third seat starting with a 4 coin hand?

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: A game to think about
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:56:06 am »

My first thought is that Player 1 is going after Gardens/Feodum. Player 2 Might be going Gardens also, in which case I would want to go for Provinces, and this Tournament. He could also be using Death Cart to try and spike to $8 early for a Province for his own Tournament.

I open Bureaucrat. Bureaucrat will make it harder for Player 2 to hit $8, and will slow down Player 1's cycling so he gets to play his Workshop less. If Player 2 makes me think he's going for Gardens also, then I start loading up on Tournaments and grab a Province to win Followers. Hopefully the two of them will fight enough over the Alternate VP that I can Curse them into submission, and either grab a bunch of Provinces, or steal some Gardens/Feoda to outscore them before the three-pile.

If Player 2 gets an early Province, maybe instead I buy more Bureaucrats and go for Feodum/Gardens myself. It would help to know if Player 1 bought his workshop with $3 or $4, but if he's smart he would only play $3 anyways, so nevermind.

But yeah, I open Bureaucrat.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: A game to think about
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:59:21 am »
+1

Seconding Bureaucrat. When you're going for alt-VP, playing against it, or especially both, Bureaucrat is your card. I'd buy at least three.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.