Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Mafia Wins Flawlessly)  (Read 77891 times)

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia VIII: Veterans and Friends (Old or New) - READ OP TO GET IN
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 10:19:18 am »

Sorry guys, Blitz VII has totally killed these games for me. Too stressful. I'm swearing off Blitz games.

/in

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 10:19:35 am »

So Galz, do you want to cave and /in so we can get this thing started?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 10:19:54 am »

I'll play. Not like I've got other things to do...

Oh wait...

Yes, I read everything.
Do you agree with it though?
Thats the spirit.

If I'm /in, I've implicitly agreed. ;)
The difference between implicit and explicit is enormous though!
Exactly
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 10:21:01 am »

If there's no space, I'm happy to try my hand at co-modding.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 10:22:12 am »

Oh wait...

Yes, I read everything.
Thats the spirit.

The difference between implicit and explicit is enormous though!

Isn't inferring my agreement through my /in enough?  When you go to a sporting event, and pay to park, do you sign a waiver saying that the owners of the car park are not responsible for the contents in your car? No. But if something happens it's understood by default that you agreed to any and all risks when you choose to park your vehicle there.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2012, 10:23:04 am »

SfS's game, SfS's rules.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2012, 10:23:17 am »

I have read the entirety of the opening post.
I understand the setup and agree to the rules and information in the opening post.

I am NOT /inning as a player though, as playing blitz is not conducive for my schedule.  But, I am more than happy to serve as backup-backup mod.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 10:23:32 am »

So Galz, do you want to cave and /in so we can get this thing started?

I already did!

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 10:23:36 am »

If the owner of the stadium said you need to sign a waiver or you can't park there, wouldn't you?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 10:24:26 am »

If there's no space, I'm happy to try my hand at co-modding.

I think you're going to get my space.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2012, 10:25:35 am »

SfS's game, SfS's rules.

Psh, lame comeback scum.

Vote: Eevee

And yes, my fully reading the rules, then choosing to /in, constitutes my agreement to them.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:17 am »

If the owner of the stadium said you need to sign a waiver or you can't park there, wouldn't you?

Yes! But in that case I wouldn't actually read it, as it's boring and I've already agreed to it by choosing to park there anyway.

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:36 am »

People who are bristling at SFS's sign-in procedure:  It is clearly an effort by SFS to make sure that all players have read the rules in their entirety, and thus complied with the sign-in instructions "buried" in the middle of the rules.  We have a history of players NOT reading the rules of a game before participating, and it's never a good thing when it happens.

This isn't about waivers, or implicit/explicit consent, or whether you philosophically agree that the setup is balanced, or anything like that.  This is a safeguard against people saying "What's a vengekill?" two-thirds of the way through Day 1.  (No offense Grujah, but you're the most recent and blatant example.)

I wholeheartedly and fully endorse what SFS is trying to do here.  I think it's a good idea and will likely shamelessly copy it in my future games.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:12 am »

In the event that there's space for me, I read the whole OP and understand and agree to and will abide by and fully endorse and will defend to the death the rules of this game.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2012, 10:28:37 am »

I wholeheartedly and fully endorse what SFS is trying to do here.  I think it's a good idea and will likely shamelessly copy it in my future games.

Thats a shame, because you're my favorite mod, and I'll /out of all of those games if you don't think that I can read the rules.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2012, 10:29:16 am »

If this doesn't work, I suppose the next step would be to require each entrant to rewrite the rules in their own words.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2012, 10:29:38 am »

People who are bristling at SFS's sign-in procedure:  It is clearly an effort by SFS to make sure that all players have read the rules in their entirety, and thus complied with the sign-in instructions "buried" in the middle of the rules.  We have a history of players NOT reading the rules of a game before participating, and it's never a good thing when it happens.

This isn't about waivers, or implicit/explicit consent, or whether you philosophically agree that the setup is balanced, or anything like that.  This is a safeguard against people saying "What's a vengekill?" two-thirds of the way through Day 1.  (No offense Grujah, but you're the most recent and blatant example.)

I don't think anybody is bristling at them. Well, maybe CF. I'm just bored and waiting for it to start, and trolling Eevee in the meantime. I DID say that I had fully read the rules when I signed up, after all.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2012, 10:31:41 am »

Thats a shame, because you're my favorite mod, and I'll /out of all of those games if you don't think that I can read the rules.
Lol. It's obviously nothing personal against anyone, no one is saying YOU wouldn't know the rules, it just covers all the angles so people don't have to start lying about not knowing some of the rules and stuff. Game just works better if everyone knows the rules is all. Why is this such a big deal? I would have missed unique votes not being in effect in this game if SfS didn't make me read the rules.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2012, 10:32:04 am »

Everyone likes bullying poor Eevee though!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2012, 10:32:12 am »

My least lurky pre-game ever.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2012, 10:33:01 am »

Lol. It's obviously nothing personal against anyone, no one is saying YOU wouldn't know the rules, it just covers all the angles so people don't have to start lying about not knowing some of the rules and stuff. Game just works better if everyone knows the rules is all. Why is this such a big deal? I would have missed unique votes not being in effect in this game if SfS didn't make me read the rules.

Wait.... Unique voting isn't?

Again, I kid, I kid!

Mafia Record:

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:11 am »

If I put a safeguard in the middle of the rules to guarantee that they've been read, it's not because I "don't think that Frisk can read the rules."  It is because SOME PLAYERS HAVE DEMONSTRABLY NOT READ THE RULES IN PREVIOUS GAMES, and therefore it is reasonable to include a requirement confirming that ALL players have read ALL the rules.

Would you prefer a line in the middle of the rules saying "If your name is Grujah, you must do X Y Z to sign in?"  Do you think that would be fair?  Do you think that would protect against new players signing into a game without reading the rules?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:26 am »

I have sent my feedback to SFS via PM as he requested (but not before personally calling me a bully in thread)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:54 am »

If I put a safeguard in the middle of the rules to guarantee that they've been read, it's not because I "don't think that Frisk can read the rules."  It is because SOME PLAYERS HAVE DEMONSTRABLY NOT READ THE RULES IN PREVIOUS GAMES, and therefore it is reasonable to include a requirement confirming that ALL players have read ALL the rules.

Would you prefer a line in the middle of the rules saying "If your name is Grujah, you must do X Y Z to sign in?"  Do you think that would be fair?  Do you think that would protect against new players signing into a game without reading the rules?

Grujah's "what's a vengekill" is a already classic moment in f.ds mafia history.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2012, 10:34:56 am »

Oh wait...

Yes, I read everything.
Thats the spirit.

Which is great!

Here's the thing though. The OP explicitly says that explicit agreement is required.  It's your choice whether to enter.

I don't have to keep addressing this issue, and I won't from here on.  The only reason I have done so to the extent I have is so I won't have to the next time, WHEN THE RULES TO ENTER WILL BE EXACTLY THE SAME.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36  All

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.