Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Isotropic Ranking Questions  (Read 1433 times)

Warrior

• Golem
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
Isotropic Ranking Questions
« on: December 18, 2012, 06:01:40 pm »

Hi all,

I have seen many players on the isotropic leaderboard who have played under 400-500 games and yet they are level 45+. At the top of the leaderboard today is a player I have never seen before and is level 51. He has only played just under 300 games! So my questions are: 1) are these players who have only played a small amount of games legitimately level 45+? And 2) is it easier to level up starting fresh, now that I am experienced (I lost many matches when I first began isotropic) or just continuing from where I am (level 30 with 1015 games)? I wasn't truly considering making a new account in order to level up faster, but I was just curious which way was more efficient for leveling up. If anyone has isotropic questions in the future, please feel free to post in this thread.

Thanks and best to all,
warrior297

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Isotropic Ranking Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:10:59 pm »
+3

Well, first of all, I think you're taking level a bit too seriously if your primary goal is to level up.

Second, the guy at the top of the leaderboard is proven to be gaming the system.

Third, high level players with a lot of games under their belt still rise and drop levels consistently, so I doubt that it would be significantly easier to reach a higher level if you start a new account. If you play like a level 32 player, then you will plateau at level 32 no matter how many new accounts you start.

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 06:20:06 pm »
+1

Well, first of all, I think you're taking level a bit too seriously if your primary goal is to level up.

Leveling up isn't my primary goal, I was just curious how the rankings work. But thank you for your explaination.

warrior297

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 07:17:20 pm »
+3

you can find some more information about the levels and leaderboard on our lovely wiki here. and there was a thread about the current top player earlier today, you can find that one here.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 09:13:59 pm »
+2

you can find some more information about the levels and leaderboard on our lovely wiki here. and there was a thread about the current top player earlier today, you can find that one here.

Thank you this was very helpful. :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.