Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wandering Minstrel/Mystic  (Read 1062 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Wandering Minstrel/Mystic
« on: December 17, 2012, 10:47:23 pm »
+1

This is actually a fairly potent combo.  The drawback to Wandering Minstrel is that it discards your Treasures, and the drawback to Mystic is you normally have no idea what's on top of your deck (though you can guess).  This solves both problems.  Mystic provides Action +Coin, and Wandering Minstrel tells you what's next in your deck (as long as you didn't reveal all Treasures and/or Victory cards).

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20121217/log.505c6195a2e6c78ad2ed5a99.1355801760244.txt
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

bozzball

• Bishop
  • Respect: +68
    • View Profile
Re: Wandering Minstrel/Mystic
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 03:46:42 am »

Yeah, I've had a lot of fun with this one.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Re: Wandering Minstrel/Mystic
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:17 am »

With an initial 5/2 draw I think Vagrant/Mystic is not too bad an opening. I had a quick start into $5-$6 territory with it. Either Vagrant draws and puts back a useful card allowing Mystic an educated guess or Vagrant draws some Shelter after which you can always try and draw another Copper. Wandering Minstrel may join this merry band when a bit more actions have been picked.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:12:39 am by ipofanes »
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.