Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fun Dark Ages sets  (Read 2043 times)

Warrior

• Golem
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
Fun Dark Ages sets
« on: December 15, 2012, 02:19:13 pm »

A discussion on fun DA card sets or card-combos. Any kingdoms you remember playing that were fun? Any neat few-card combos?

warrior

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Dark Ages sets
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 05:39:03 pm »

This was a particularly fun set. It was so fun, in fact, that I think I might have lost, since I was so busy playing around. Procession on Haggler to gain BV and Haggler, buy Counterfeit or Pillage gaining Pearl Divers, then Counterfeit the Spoils. I think you could make it even more crazy if you were to add in a source of card draw and a +buy. We didn't design the set, but if DA was allowed for the kingdom submission, I think I would start here and tweak until it was so sweet it would feel like drinking Karo syrup.

Pearl Diver, Haven, Procession, Death Cart, Spice Merchant, Pillage, Counterfeit, Haggler, Explorer, Border Village
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 05:41:49 pm by clb »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 06:08:40 pm »

This was a particularly fun set. It was so fun, in fact, that I think I might have lost, since I was so busy playing around. Procession on Haggler to gain BV and Haggler, buy Counterfeit or Pillage gaining Pearl Divers, then Counterfeit the Spoils. I think you could make it even more crazy if you were to add in a source of card draw and a +buy. We didn't design the set, but if DA was allowed for the kingdom submission, I think I would start here and tweak until it was so sweet it would feel like drinking Karo syrup.

Pearl Diver, Haven, Procession, Death Cart, Spice Merchant, Pillage, Counterfeit, Haggler, Explorer, Border Village

You have a source of +Buy with Counterfit  :P

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 06:12:56 pm »

... I think you could make it even more crazy if you were to add in a source of card draw and a +buy.

You have a source of +Buy with Counterfit  :P
Oops! I guess I forgot that. So maybe swap Explorer for Smithy and have an engine race.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:08:29 am »

Procession on Haggler to gain BV and Haggler, buy Counterfeit or Pillage gaining Pearl Divers

Procession on Haggler doesn't let you gain an additional card on buy because it isn't in play anymore.

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 12:41:59 am »

I have a question about the "when you trash this" clause. Let's use Cultist for example which says "when you trash this, +3 cards" and let's say someone plays a knight, trashing your Cultist. Do you still get the +3 cards even though "you" didn't trash the Cultist? Or do you not get the extra cards because your opponent trashed the card? Thanks.

warrior297

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 12:48:59 am »
+4

I have a question about the "when you trash this" clause. Let's use Cultist for example which says "when you trash this, +3 cards" and let's say someone plays a knight, trashing your Cultist. Do you still get the +3 cards even though "you" didn't trash the Cultist? Or do you not get the extra cards because your opponent trashed the card? Thanks.

warrior297

The Knight doesn't trash your Cultist.  You trash your Cultist.  The Knight just tells you to.  So, yes, you get the +3 cards.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 12:55:01 am »

Procession on Haggler to gain BV and Haggler, buy Counterfeit or Pillage gaining Pearl Divers

Procession on Haggler doesn't let you gain an additional card on buy because it isn't in play anymore.

Well, he gains the BV via procession and gains a new Haggler via the BV.  He shouldn't have gotten any Pearl Divers... surely that isn't an important part of the strategy, unless it was part of a 3-pile...

Warrior

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 10:46:41 am »

warrior297

The Knight doesn't trash your Cultist.  You trash your Cultist.  The Knight just tells you to.  So, yes, you get the +3 cards.

Thanks! I saw your Dark Ages videos on YouTube.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.