Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Non-Mafia Games Queue  (Read 24828 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Mafia Games Queue
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2013, 01:06:39 am »

Guys remember that time we played Terra Mystica and finished in two weeks.

That was great.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2013, 01:21:10 am »

Guys remember that time we played Terra Mystica and finished in two weeks.

That was great.

Good times.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »

I may need someone to sub in for Resistance: Avalon if Qvist doesn't reappear soon.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05:00 am »

I may need someone to sub in for Resistance: Avalon if Qvist doesn't reappear soon.

I'm in the same boat with Room 25.

I'd hate to replace him. He's been so active before, so I wonder if he's been hospitalized or worse. I know sometimes a person gets bored and stops visiting, but he doesn't strike me as that type. I don't really know Qvist.

But it's been 9 days since his last login. I may post in the replacement thread soon.
A man has no signature

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 12:39:59 pm »

Yeah, I'm wooried about him as well.
However, he has been quite busy often lately, so I hope it's just that.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 12:40:46 pm »

Qvist disappeared for a few months before and then people started wondering if there would be a second card rankings list so someone found him on a different forum and coaxed him back here...

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2013, 01:45:21 pm »

That makes me feel a little better. Still, I may have to replace him in Room 25.
A man has no signature

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2013, 03:57:44 am »

So, I'm thinking of running something (that I know similar things have been done before on other sites) where the players are in some made up place, and do stuff there.  I tell them what happens when they do something.  It would have a few extra twists that have been made on this version of the game (my brother actually made it).  My main thing is I would want to see if there was interest in it beforehand.  I would want 3-4 players.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2013, 06:02:45 am »

So, I'm thinking of running something (that I know similar things have been done before on other sites) where the players are in some made up place, and do stuff there.  I tell them what happens when they do something.  It would have a few extra twists that have been made on this version of the game (my brother actually made it).  My main thing is I would want to see if there was interest in it beforehand.  I would want 3-4 players.
Some sort of role playing game?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2013, 12:15:19 pm »

Somewhat.  Basically, I'll start (after signups and things) saying, (this is a random example) "You all are trapped in an office room.  What do you do?" then someone says, "I pick up the chair and throw it at the door" and then I'll say what it does. (maybe "it crashes the door down")  That's just a random example, but it would keep on going like this.  It's fairly fun, and I don't want to start it or anything unless others say they want to.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2013, 12:34:33 pm »

Is it planned out?  Like, is there a basic plot ahead?  Do we create characters with stats and equipment and roll dice to do things?

Or is this just a fun exercise where you create the scenario on the fly?  Like a choose-your-own-adventure that is written as you go?

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2013, 12:45:17 pm »

Is it planned out?  Like, is there a basic plot ahead?  Do we create characters with stats and equipment and roll dice to do things?

Or is this just a fun exercise where you create the scenario on the fly?  Like a choose-your-own-adventure that is written as you go?

The second one.  And, I only say what happens.  What the players do change the plot.  The best players are those who realize they are the ones making things happen not the "narrator" as it's called for this game.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2013, 01:42:28 pm »

So, if people here think it's a good idea, I'll start it.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2013, 05:15:30 pm »

Somewhat.  Basically, I'll start (after signups and things) saying, (this is a random example) "You all are trapped in an office room.  What do you do?" then someone says, "I pick up the chair and throw it at the door" and then I'll say what it does. (maybe "it crashes the door down")  That's just a random example, but it would keep on going like this.  It's fairly fun, and I don't want to start it or anything unless others say they want to.

An interactive forum-based text adventure?

/in
/likely to be eaten by a grue

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2013, 05:41:29 pm »

An interactive forum-based text adventure?

/in
/likely to be eaten by a grue

Yeah.  I guess I'll open signups...

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »

I have now put up signups for "The Questions Game"  (You'll notice there's no number, I'm not planning on this ending/starting a new one)

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=9038.0

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2013, 12:29:47 pm »

Would anyone be interesting in playing Trains (the dominion-type train game)?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2013, 12:57:58 pm »

Would anyone be interesting in playing Trains (the dominion-type train game)?

Looks interesting.  I'd play.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2013, 03:53:55 pm »

signups are open for a two rooms and a boom game and a how to host a murder game!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 15, 2013, 03:23:01 pm »

So here I like to apologize again for all the games I abandoned. Forum Games aren't quite priority for me at the moment. I rather play some Dominion or do some Dominion lists when I have time. But take that as a promise (or menace - whatever you like), "I'll be back".

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2013, 10:33:25 pm »

Would it be possible for someone to mod a game of 7 Wonders? I've run most of the previous ones and would like to play in the next game. The master spreadsheet is here. Hopefully it's not too hard to figure it out, but if you do need a hand or have any questions I can answer them. A completed game's sheet looks a little like this just in case that helps answers any questions.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2013, 11:50:40 am »

Would it be possible for someone to mod a game of 7 Wonders? I've run most of the previous ones and would like to play in the next game. The master spreadsheet is here. Hopefully it's not too hard to figure it out, but if you do need a hand or have any questions I can answer them. A completed game's sheet looks a little like this just in case that helps answers any questions.

I would like to play in that game as well, but if no one else steps up, I can mod.  Tables of all people deserves a chance to play in the next one.  :)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2013, 12:03:23 pm »

I could be up for modding.  maybe just 4 players, though, not 7.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2013, 02:36:30 pm »

Would anyone be interested in trying out Pandemic: In the Lab? I've played it a few times and it's pretty good fun. Unfortunately I don't think I have all the materials to mod it, but maybe Qvist could point me in the right direction to getting them?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2013, 02:38:56 pm »

Would anyone be interested in trying out Pandemic: In the Lab? I've played it a few times and it's pretty good fun. Unfortunately I don't think I have all the materials to mod it, but maybe Qvist could point me in the right direction to getting them?

I modded all in VASSAL. Not sure what to give you. But I would play it. Not sure if I would mod it though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.