Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Who says you shoudn't buy Masquerade in a Possession game?  (Read 1706 times)

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
Who says you shoudn't buy Masquerade in a Possession game?
« on: September 06, 2011, 12:14:19 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201109/06/game-20110906-085939-0b1b921e.html

I opened Masquerade/Caravan thinking to just roll through on a Minion engine (drafting off his Bishop) if he didn't go for Potions. But he did buy a Potion, so I hatched an evil-er scheme: Bought a 2nd Masquerade, passed it to him (along with the Possessor's next-best friend: Upgrade) and got 2 Possessions myself. Then of course I Upgraded my remaining Masquerade out of my deck, just in case. Though I needn't have done since I managed to pass away his Potion before he ever got a Possession. With Nobles I managed a couple double-Possession turns.

This was a lot of fun :) He took it in good spirits, seemed amused by the unexpected "Take my Masquerade.. please!" gambit.

Of some small note: At turn 12 I passed a Gold out of his hand instead of a Province, because the interface failed to show me that Masquerade had drawn a Province until after I chose the pass card. Annoying bug, but it didn't repro later in the game.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
Re: Who says you shoudn't buy Masquerade in a Possession game?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:21:26 pm »

Too bad Masquerades in the game logs don't show what is passed/received.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »

Too bad Masquerades in the game logs don't show what is passed/received.
I ganked his Potion before he could use it, and got a Province as well. I had thought I got a Gold but see no evidence in the log. There may have been one or two other mildly consequential plays.

It was awfully fun using the Upgrade I passed him on his Bishop though.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 02:31:20 am »

Very funny. Was on the loosing end of this some time ago. Both openend Masquerade, I passed mine to him in one of his Masquerade turns to avoid the problems with Possesion, just to get it back from him in hand on a turn where he played Possession, in which he used it to steal my Province.

edit: http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110814-032223-d945e6dc.html#Vicarin-show-turn-14
At least I was able to win the first Prize in his Tournament...
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110814-032223-d945e6dc.html#DStu-show-poss-turn-14-1
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:35:37 am by DStu »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.