Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Geiko Topic  (Read 6413 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
The Geiko Topic
« on: December 13, 2012, 11:35:23 am »

So I have some good news and some bad news.

The Good news: Cornucopia is available.

The Bad news:
    1) There is no adventure for it
    2) It STRIPPED my ownership of promo cards
    3) It doesn't stop me from buying "super pack 2" even though I own all the things in super pack 2
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: The Geiko Topic
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 11:39:17 am »

Im unable to login to getsatisfaction to report these issues right now as well.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:41:11 am »

Further clarification:

The deck builder correctly detects that I own the promos. and has Black Market and Stash listed as available under the promos, so it could be a bug related to those being added.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 11:41:23 am »
+6

2) It STRIPPED my ownership of promo cards

But its a beta.  must...keep...straight...face
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 11:43:22 am »
+4

But hey, you saved 15% on your insurance.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 11:52:45 am »

So when you say that it stripped your ownership of the promos, you mean that they are available for purchase even though you own them, right? It sounds like you can still use them in games.

EDIT: Also, Super Pack 2 contains Cornucopia, Alchemy, and Hinterlands. How is it that you already own everything in it?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:01:30 pm by LastFootnote »

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 12:01:44 pm »

So when you say that it stripped your ownership of the promos, you mean that they are available for purchase even though you own them, right? It sounds like you can still use them in games.

At first I thought they were stripped entirely, but I can add them to decks and play with them, so they are re-available for purchase. I have not had them in a random game yet but I own all the sets so it's pretty diluted when they show up.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 12:02:22 pm »

EDIT: Also, Super Pack 2 contains Cornucopia, Alchemy, and Hinterlands. How is it that you already own everything in it?

I did not catch that actually. I just assumed they weren't selling something unavailable yet.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 12:04:52 pm »

I did not catch that actually. I just assumed they weren't selling something unavailable yet.

Got it. I decided to pick up Super Pack 2. It's not like I'm going to spend my Gokoins on anything that's not a Dominion expansion in the near future.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »
+1

At least now they've put the SuperPacks at the FRONT of the store.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 01:50:41 pm »

I bought Super Pack 2. And, yes, my promo Envoy is showing up as being able to purchase again, but I just played a game and had it showed up. I now have 18 VP chips saved up for promo 2, but I am not very motivated to play through some boring adventures. And, with Cornucopia not having any adventure, that means it is still impossible to earn more than 2 promos. How am I supposed to get the other 3?

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 01:53:27 pm »

I really like the super pack 2, 140 gokoins was exactly what I had available, so I don't have to think about buying any cards till Guilds come out.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 01:54:17 pm »
+3

i couldn't take all this talk of super packs seriously.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 02:06:52 pm »
+1

1) There is no adventure for it
I suppose the hold-up might be Trisha needing to write flavor, but I suspect that it's just, the system couldn't handle setting the bane for campaign levels. So the person typing in the card list was stuck and it's waiting on someone to add that.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 02:18:51 pm »
+1

How long does it usually take for a response on Getsatisfaction?  I'm having trouble with buying more Gokoins, and I posted there - haven't heard anything yet.  I want to play with Cornucopia.  >:(
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 02:26:33 pm »
+1

How long does it usually take for a response on Getsatisfaction?  I'm having trouble with buying more Gokoins, and I posted there - haven't heard anything yet.  I want to play with Cornucopia.  >:(

In my experience, they tend to check it from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Central Time. I wouldn't expect a response before then.

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 02:43:10 pm »

In my experience, they tend to check it from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Central Time. I wouldn't expect a response before then.

They sometimes check back in a little later, but yeah, they all either wear multiple hats, or keep very short support hours.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 02:51:55 pm »
+1

They sometimes check back in a little later, but yeah, they all either wear multiple hats, or keep very short support hours.

I think this is the first time I've actually gotten legitimately frustrated with Goko.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 02:56:15 pm »

I think this is the first time I've actually gotten legitimately frustrated with Goko.

Well, this is a pretty significant issue. You could try emailing them directly. Not being able to give them money right when new content is released is something they're bound to want to fix ASAP.

EDIT: By the way, has anyone successfully bought Gokoins since the push? Maybe this is a localized issue?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 02:58:52 pm by LastFootnote »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 03:06:01 pm »
+1

Well, this is a pretty significant issue. You could try emailing them directly. Not being able to give them money right when new content is released is something they're bound to want to fix ASAP.

EDIT: By the way, has anyone successfully bought Gokoins since the push? Maybe this is a localized issue?

I've gotten a response from Tanya, who directed me to email help@goko, which I've done.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 03:23:53 pm »

I did, no problems whatsoever. In fact I was impressed how quickly it was all processed (not trying to rub it in, just saying)
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 03:25:57 pm »

I've gotten a response from Tanya, who directed me to email help@goko, which I've done.

By the way, has anyone successfully bought Gokoins since the push? Maybe this is a localized issue?

I did, no problems whatsoever. In fact I was impressed how quickly it was all processed (not trying to rub it in, just saying)

Ah, good news on two fronts, then!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 05:52:20 pm »
+1

Turns out their issue was with PlaySpan, which I guess is the service they conduct payments through.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »

I bought more Gokoins today. No problems.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.