Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Maximum Points per Turn - Infinite Combo  (Read 2272 times)

rabidwonton

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Maximum Points per Turn - Infinite Combo
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:27:26 pm »

Wondering if anyone can beat this.  The solution below is way better.  I didn't find any other threads discussing, except a dead one from 6 months ago.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/12/game-20121212-181643-a5db3f00.html

Infinitely 430 points per turn after setup. I think you may be able to hit 440 with this technique. I just did it for one turn, cause its a lot of clicking.  But you can see that I rebought to the same deck state after that turn.

Cards:
Scrying Pool
Market
Grand Market
Ambassador
Bridge
Goons
Festival
Chapel
King's Court
Laboratory (Doesn't matter what this is)
Scheme

To Play The Strategy:

Buy every action in the deck leaving 1 in supply except for King's Courts and Goons.
Play a Scrying Pool.  Now your hand contains every card in the deck.  If you don't have a scrying pool, try to draw one, you need it.
Play King's Court x 10. You now have 19 triplings to use.
Play 2 Bridges on the King's Courts.
Play 10 Markets/Grand Markets/Festivals/Bridges on the remaining King's Courts (doesn't matter much, just end up with 10+ actions), you now have 37 buys and everything should be free.
Play Ambassador x 7 on the King's Court = 21 Ambassadors @ 2 each is 42 cards returned.  Keep in mind you can't return Scrying pools, because you can't buy them without potions, and potions break step 1.
Play 10 Goons.  You now have 100 - 10 Goons - 10 King's Courts - 10 Scrying Pools - 7 Ambassadors - 12 Whatevers - 36 Cards Returned = 15 Usable Cards in Hand, and 37 + 10 = 47 Buys.

Buy the 42 Cards Back, Gain 10 points each from Goons = 420 points per turn, 430 on turns you buy a scrying pool.

Repeat.

Can be done relatively easily in 15 turns, took me 17 to set up this time, but I'm sure it can be optimized, especially with the extra slot that Laboratory is taking up and not really doing anything.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:03:30 pm by rabidwonton »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Points per Turn - Infinite Combo
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:54:12 pm »

I'm certain that there are several threads about this floating around.  Your solution can definitely be beaten.

Your solution also is not infinite, because it fails if you don't reach your SP.

That's easy enough to fix though.

Ambassador is not necessary, and it's a bit of a hack anyway because it only really works in solo play.

Instead, empty the Silver pile.  Include Black Market.  Inside the BM, include Young Witch so that you open up an extra Kingdom pile.  Also include Trader, Scrying Pool and Scheme.

Definitely have Goons in the Kingdom.  Use the rest of the Kingdom and BM to get as many Buys as possible.  Probable cards to use include:

King's Court
Throne Room
Squire (+2 Buys each)
Princess via Tournament found in the BM
Festival (because you'll be wanting those extra actions)

There is a challenge somewhere about getting the most possible +Buys, I think.  Note, you should be able to get more than 42 buys fairly by using KC on +Buy cards instead of Ambassador.

Anyway, you can easily spend all your +Buys without ending the game by buying Copper, revealing Trader and gaining nothing because all the Silvers are gone.

Use Scheme on Scrying Pool to ensure you can play all your cards every turn.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:56:44 pm by eHalcyon »

rabidwonton

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Points per Turn - Infinite Combo
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:02:05 pm »

Thanks for the tips!  That definitely makes more sense.

Not sure how I forgot about Scheme, thats an obvious way to fix the drawing the Scrying Pool.

I wasn't using BM because I wasn't sure of a way to set the black market cards on isotropic.  Ditto young witch.  That said, I love the Trader trick.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.