Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Solo challenge: 1,000 victory points!  (Read 4181 times)

andwilk

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +152
    • View Profile
Solo challenge: 1,000 victory points!
« on: December 12, 2012, 08:06:25 am »

The Challenge:  Gain 1,000 victory points in the fewest number of turns possible in a solitare game on Isotropic.  There are no restrictions on which kingdom cards you can use.

Deadline: Thursday, December 20, 2012 @ 11:59:59pm EDT

Please PM me your solutions and I will post the winners and complete standings at the end of the challenge.  The criteria for best solution will be the fewest number of turns taken in a solitare game to gain at least 1,000 victory points.  Tiebreaker will be how many points above 1,000 were gained.

Just as a reference point... I threw together a quick, unoptimized solution for this and was able to gain 1,041 points in 15 turns.

Good Luck!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:14:49 am by andwilk »

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Re: Solo challenge: 1,000 victory points!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:13:41 am »

Didn't CC do this and empty the Supply in 5 turns?

andwilk

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:12:36 am »

Didn't CC do this and empty the Supply in 5 turns?

Can you please link to this?  I quickly looked through previous challenges and didn't see this particular challenge.

Aside from that, I don't see how it is possible to gain 1,000 victory points in 5 turns starting with a deck of 7 Coppers/3 Estates.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:19:19 am »
+1

As a clarification, I think the difference here is whether this is a "do your best on Isotropic", or if this is a "what's the theoretical best solution assuming perfect shuffling".

Beyond the Impossible - Empty the Supply by Turn 5

Challenge: In a solitaire game of Dominion with perfect shuffle luck, gain every card in the Supply by the end of Turn 5.

Final score of 1036 points.

Four turns looks like it caps out around 285 points.

The answer is basically that Dark Ages cards allow insanity.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 10:29:04 am »

That's not really Dark Age insanity, the insanity is done without Dark Age Cards. [Edit: Or do you mean the 4turn solution? The 5turn is insane enough for me...]

I think without Dark Ages you don't come to 1000, because it needs the buys from the Ruined Markets, and VPs from Feodum, but also ignoring that it doesn't work on Iso because it has VY in the BlackMarket without an Alchemycard in the kingdom, and the VY is 44VPs alone.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:30:41 am by DStu »

andwilk

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:35:26 am »

As a clarification, I think the difference here is whether this is a "do your best on Isotropic", or if this is a "what's the theoretical best solution assuming perfect shuffling".

Challenge: In a solitaire game of Dominion with perfect shuffle luck, gain every card in the Supply by the end of Turn 5.

Although that was a perfect shuffle luck puzzle, its solution would be similar here although it would be near impossible to replicate on Isotropic (well, impossible since it doesn't have Dark Ages cards).

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:48:15 am »

Although that was a perfect shuffle luck puzzle, its solution would be similar here although it would be near impossible to replicate on Isotropic (well, impossible since it doesn't have Dark Ages cards).

5 is certainly impossible, the question is if 6 or 7 is in reach.  You don't have to have much shuffle luck, as that's not many turns...
So let's see. Open IW/Chancellor. That means 4/3 start, which is ... I forgot ... 5/6 I think.
Then you need IrChCCC, that is 5/12*4/11*7/10*6/9*5/8 ~ 4.4%  oo, that gets unlikely
Turn 4: TrIrChWtC. OK, forget it...

andwilk

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 10:56:58 am »

It seems like Ironworks/Chancellor is the key opening for the perfect shuffle luck puzzle.  I wonder, under realistic conditions (normal shuffle luck) if a different approach to this solution would be more reliable/consistent.

cluckyb

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +169
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 03:05:25 pm »

Looking over CC's solution, shouldn't it be possible to throw a copy of Rats/Fortress in the BM deck so you can get 19 more action cards? Might be hard to generate enough draws (as with only one in your hand/deck at once, the rats will give you a draw, then get top decked but now you need to draw the new rats. There are enough other cards letting you draw that if you spaced it out it seems like it should be possible.
But if optimized correctly, that would make Vineyards worth 6 more and gardens 1 more for +7. 

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 03:25:36 pm »
+1

Looking over CC's solution, shouldn't it be possible to throw a copy of Rats/Fortress in the BM deck so you can get 19 more action cards? Might be hard to generate enough draws (as with only one in your hand/deck at once, the rats will give you a draw, then get top decked but now you need to draw the new rats. There are enough other cards letting you draw that if you spaced it out it seems like it should be possible.
But if optimized correctly, that would make Vineyards worth 6 more and gardens 1 more for +7.

If Rats comes from the BM deck, it won't gain you any more Rats.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 20 queries.