Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Cornucopia?  (Read 24305 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Cornucopia?
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 03:04:21 pm »
+1

I guess they will fit potion somewhere as they did with Platinum and Colony. The real problems will start when they add Black Market.

I think Black Market and Tournament will both just pop up a screen of three/five cards to choose from.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 03:47:40 pm »

I guess they will fit potion somewhere as they did with Platinum and Colony. The real problems will start when they add Black Market.

I think Black Market and Tournament will both just pop up a screen of three/five cards to choose from.

Yes. I could see them having separate piles for each Prize on the second screen, which would be inelegant, but make naming the Prizes much easier when playing Wishing Well, Mystic, etc. It would be optimal if those 'piles' only appeared when you played Wishing Well, Mystic, etc. but I don't see that as likely.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 04:00:25 pm »

Life would be better in general if they could fit more than the 10 cards on the screen.

Crazy talk!  There's absolutely no way you can fit that many cards on the screen all at once...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25699
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 04:20:55 pm »

Yes. I could see them having separate piles for each Prize on the second screen, which would be inelegant, but make naming the Prizes much easier when playing Wishing Well, Mystic, etc. It would be optimal if those 'piles' only appeared when you played Wishing Well, Mystic, etc. but I don't see that as likely.
The Prizes are all separate piles on the 2nd screen.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 04:23:01 pm »

:(
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 04:28:10 pm »

Ah, Goko. Always taking the easiest route. Are there buttons that let you choose whether you want to gain a Prize or a Duchy? If not, I'm guessing there's a bug where you're forced to gain a Prize when the Duchies run out and vice versa.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »
+4

Life would be better in general if they could fit more than the 10 cards on the screen.

Crazy talk!  There's absolutely no way you can fit that many cards on the screen all at once...

I know.  Its clearly impossible.

This is keeping the ridiculous 1024 x 768 resolution intact. 

Just shrink the size of the cards in your hand, drop the play area down, and you've got room for 15 cards, colonies, plats, ruins
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 04:31:09 pm »
+7

Oh - and btw the avatar of the computer player looks like the clingy girlfriend meme girl.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 05:00:35 pm »
+1

Madman, Mercenary, Spoils, Ruins, bane card, 5 prizes - one more thing and they'd be in need of a 3rd screen.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 05:04:55 pm »
+1

Madman, Mercenary, Spoils, Ruins, bane card, 5 prizes - one more thing and they'd be in need of a 3rd screen.

Potion
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2012, 05:10:19 pm »

Potion

Yeah, I do not think I would play that board on Goko.

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2012, 05:17:14 pm »

I think Potion would fit together with other basic treasures and victories, there's enough place for a small card even when playing with Platinum and Colonies.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2012, 05:23:06 pm »

Maybe they'll put each type of Ruins in a separate pile. It gets 2 of their things out of the way at once; getting rules wrong and making the UI complicated!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 05:25:43 pm »

I think Potion would fit together with other basic treasures and victories, there's enough place for a small card even when playing with Platinum and Colonies.
We all would think that. Except Goko. They don't think that.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2012, 05:29:07 pm »

There really isn't, without moving stuff around and having an awkward sticking out pile. I don't know what they're going to do, but I'm sure they'll find something that works.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2012, 05:57:23 pm »

This is keeping the ridiculous 1024 x 768 resolution intact. 

Just shrink the size of the cards in your hand, drop the play area down, and you've got room for 15 cards, colonies, plats, ruins

They do have some space there to the left of the Victory cards. Why aren't they using that space. Someone should mention that to them. I'm too lazy right now.

Also, someone should send them this modified screen capture. Maybe it will inspire them.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:58:55 pm by Beyond Awesome »

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2012, 05:59:50 pm »

Open the ai info by clicking on them

Play a 4p game

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2012, 06:17:16 pm »

Yeah, that space is for more players, they need that one

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 06:28:24 pm »
+2

Idea: What if there was only space for 2 other opponents, but in 4+ player games there were cycling arrows to scroll through opponents. I mean what's more important, seeing more cards, or seeing more opponents mugs?
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, 06:29:43 pm »

Idea: What if there was only space for 2 other opponents, but in 4+ player games there were cycling arrows to scroll through opponents. I mean what's more important, seeing more cards, or seeing more opponents mugs?

More avatars!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2012, 09:04:52 pm »
+2

I was actually thinking something more like this:

It's even smaller than yours and has plenty of space!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2012, 09:25:56 pm »
+2

I was actually thinking something more like this:

It's even smaller than yours and has plenty of space!

A bit small on the icons/print though.  And asymmetric, doesn't look right on the eyes.  -1 for elegance.

Also, -1 for not having the authentic card art.

(edit: nothing but love for you, Doug -- just fighting snark with snark here.)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 09:27:20 pm by () | (_) ^/ »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2012, 09:36:20 pm »
+1

Also, I don't see any ruins on there.  ;)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2012, 09:57:48 pm »

I love how my avatar joke comment got more respect than an actual solution to the problem

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2012, 11:06:32 pm »
+1

A bit small on the icons/print though.  And asymmetric, doesn't look right on the eyes.  -1 for elegance.

Also, -1 for not having the authentic card art.

:p

You know, I bet with a few hours in Illustrator I could whip up something that looks better than Goko in terms of elegance and has the real card art.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.