Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Rats! Division (Losers Bracket) - Bracket and Results  (Read 61384 times)

Insomniac

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
Rats! Division (Losers Bracket) - Bracket and Results
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »
+3

Please post current round results here.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 10:34:23 pm by theory »
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

mith

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: mith
  • Respect: +778
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
Re: Rats! Division (Losers Bracket) RD 1 - Bracket and Results
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 05:17:00 pm »

Can we get this stickied?

Insomniac

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 05:20:19 pm »

Deal Im new at this so didn't see the button right away, also I asked/gave theory permission to make you a mod so I suspect you'll be joining me soon.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 05:24:58 pm »

Is there a time limit when we need to have played round 1 games by??
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Insomniac

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 05:25:54 pm »

We are one round behind the main bracket.

The current round is Round 2.  The current round ends on December 16, 2012, 11:59:59PM EST.

Overall schedule:

Start   End   
Dec 3   Dec 9   Round 1
Dec 10   Dec 16   Round 2
Dec 17   Dec 23   Round 3
Dec 24   Dec 30   Round 4
Dec 31   Jan 6   Round 4
Jan 7   Jan 13   Division Semifinals
Jan 14   Jan 21   Division Finals

So Dec 16

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 05:42:19 pm »

Broke the OP intending to add link to signups for round 2. Have asked theory to fix, but meanwhile you can view the bracket by clicking on the link in the OP. The link to round 2 signups is there.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:01:22 pm by mith »

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: Rats! Division (Losers Bracket) - Bracket and Results
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:30:53 pm »
+1

I played against funcrusher. You could watch this video or spoil you in the logs below.
Here the video link:

This were 2 engine games and 2 slogs and I won 4-0

1-0 (47-20) This was an engine with Cities, Ghost Ship and Nobles. I opened Spice Merchant/Silver to get a thin deck soon while he opened Baron/Silver. I preferred Nobles over Provinces until I could reliably draw my deck. I picked up a lucky early Expand which helped me even more with trashing. I got a thin deck, attacked him nearly every turn for the win.

2-0 (80-11) This was a clear Rabble engine on this Colony board which opponent didn't saw. I could open Remake/Silver and pick up a Courtyard with a $2 buy in a Remake turn. Then I got a lucky Mint and an early thin deck. I could then mint Platina and got double and triple Colony turns. If I would have played more carefully I wouldn't have minted the Platina before drawing the whole deck for an even faster win.

3-0 (40-32) Familiar game in which my Courtyard/Potion opening made the difference. Also I picked up some Warehouses first to win the Curse split 6-4. Beside of that the decks were similar with some Apothecaries and Merchant Ship.

4-0 (54-31) This was a Sea Hag game, again with no trashing, also with no draw and no village, a real slog. The only power card was Grand Market in this Colony game. We split the Curses 5-5, but then I tried more to get to Platina which gave me a better economy. The game was way close than the score suggests. As he could easily bought the last Colony for a 3 point difference.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:53:33 am by Qvist »

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 08:36:23 pm »
+9

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 08:56:25 pm »
+7

Little did the participants know that it was actually Qvist's plan to be eliminated from the tournament in round 1, only to dominate the loser's bracket that didn't originally exist!

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 02:24:55 am »
+1

Haha, oh no, they found out my secret plan. Was it too obvious? I think I should have waited until round 2.
And now I feel really sorry for my opponent  :(

Insomniac

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »
+2

Haha, oh no, they found out my secret plan. Was it too obvious? I think I should have waited until round 2.
And now I feel really sorry for my opponent  :(

You could say that he had his fun...*put on shades*...crushed

BlackJackDavie

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 05:00:39 pm »

How do i get a hold of my opponent to schedule a time to play?

Master Shuffler

• Chancellor
  • alts: Copy Me and Win, GOJIRA
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 07:46:05 pm »

How do i get a hold of my opponent to schedule a time to play?

Find out who it is from the bracket and send them a PM  :)
byebye iso

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 08:51:34 pm »

I'll follow this thread.

ibavly

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 10:42:28 pm »

whats the number to the left of our names

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 11:57:23 pm »

Your seed. For those of you who missed the main tourney signups, I found which players you were between level-wise on the day the seeds were determined and gave you the average (so you fell between seeds 44 and 45).

ibavly

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 02:20:23 pm »

Are you reseeding?

seems like all the top seeds are near the top of the bracket

Insomniac

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 02:23:44 pm »

Are you reseeding?

No the seeding is correct, the top ranks (15.5 for example) vs the lower ranks (248) its the same as the normal tournament.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 02:28:27 pm »

Are you reseeding?

No the seeding is correct, the top ranks (15.5 for example) vs the lower ranks (248) its the same as the normal tournament.
I think he's wondering if winner of A is going to play winner of B, which is no I believe.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Insomniac

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 02:29:50 pm »

After each round we reseed, because we take new entrants from the main tourney.

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 03:01:49 pm »

Yep. I'll be reordering each round to reflect the current matchups... just follow the lines, if there's no line yet then the matchup hasn't been set.

Master Shuffler

• Chancellor
  • alts: Copy Me and Win, GOJIRA
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 08:24:34 pm »
+2

My losers bracket 1st round is against liopoil (jefhw). He lost his first round match 1-4 to Marin – but as everyone knows, anyone who can beat Marin in even one game should be pretty good. My abridged comments follow each match.

Game 1 - http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/12/game-20121212-131943-80543802.html

Same warehouse/remake opening for both players, with a margrave/bazaar engine on the to-do list. Fairgrounds is an option as well, and I connect better on my initial remake turns and cruise to victory mainly due to initiative.

Game 2 – http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/12/game-20121212-133039-80e1b2ea.html

Vinyards / university. However he got more potions earlier which basically won him the game. I should have gotten more potions! Oh well

Game 3 – http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/12/game-20121212-134851-564cc1a0.html

Black market + Inn/council room. I out-cursed him with familiars at the start with the goal of at least slowing him down, but he got marginally better black market stuff including masquerade and possession. Interesting game, with intelligent usage of Inn from both players.

Game 4 – http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/12/game-20121212-140136-df64eea6.html

I tried pirate ships here, both to trash his money and to discard his mountebanks (which are pretty strong here as well). He eventually trashed his mountebanks and all of his money in favor of monuments – this was much more elegant than my pirate ship / lookout setup. It was an inevitable result.

Game 5 – http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/12/game-20121212-163717-00d6e4aa.html

Swindler game, but I opened 5/2 so I did mandarin/trading post. Moneylender, swindler, inn and crossroads all followed. Don't know why he embargoed duchies.

Game 6 – http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201212/12/game-20121212-164824-da4d1b3c.html

He has double masquerade but it's kind of counter-productive here since we're both going for islands as well, and there are no cursers or anything. The masq was kind of annoying though because I had to give up a silver and a scheme.  However I'm up to 3 golds before he has any, and it's game over from there.

End Result:  =-sup-= 4,  jefhw 2

It was a very fun match and I look forward to my future matches. Thanks for the good games jefhw.
byebye iso

ibavly

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »

I won my match with BlackJackDavie 4-1

Got lucky in the final match playing a mirror gardens strat going second

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 10:39:04 pm »

Axxle 4 - 2 - 1 Insomniac-X

Game 1: Axxle 43 - 33 Insomniac-X I went Silk Road while Insom went for HP/Baron.  I think he needed a few more turns or a few more HP to really make it work.
Game 2: Axxle 39 - 35 Insomniac-X Universities ended up being a great detour in this City/Torturer/Tactician game.
Game 3: Insomniac-X 36 - 30 Axxle Yuck, familiar game.
Game 4: Insomniac-X 36(tie) - 36(tie) Axxle I tried to make a janky HoP deck, but it was pretty unreliable without a good source of draw. I was able to pull it together but not before Insomniac saw his chance to take the tie.
Game 5: Axxle 25 - 19 Insomniac-X Lovely vineyards kingdom. Winning the workshop split was key here, not many times you can say that.
Game 6: Insomniac-X 56 - 40 Axxle I was hoping to do something with Border Village and Expand/Forge but realized a bit too late there weren't really good targets for Border Village. I also underestimated how fast Insom could grab Nobles and many points they would give him.  Outplayed here.
Game 7: Axxle 29 - 23 Insomniac-X This game is a great example for when things go to sh*t, sometimes you have to do something crazy.  I knew I had to damage his minion stack somehow so I grabbed a Saboteur that luckily enough hit one of his minions.  Insom got a bit too comfortable with the lead and started to Salvage Provinces into Provinces while ahead, which allowed me to catch up with some luck.

mith

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • MafiaScum.net
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 10:59:48 pm »

I just noticed that I skipped over BlackJackDavie when I was sorting the seeds. Oops. Surprised no one else caught that before now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 24 queries.