Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165]  All

Author Topic: Interview with Donald X.  (Read 522721 times)

chipperMDW

• Golem
  • Respect: +404
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Donald X.
« Reply #4100 on: January 08, 2018, 11:10:17 pm »
+14

Will you or have you ever considered putting a question mark or exclamation point in any card-shape-thing text? If so, what would it take?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +18626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: January 09, 2018, 02:11:20 am »
+1

Will you or have you ever considered putting a question mark or exclamation point in any card-shape-thing text? If so, what would it take?
I don't feel the need to rule out a card name with ? or !, but it doesn't seem so likely. I mean it's Raid, not Raid!, and I think all the ! adds there is "this is trying to be funny."

As noted ? is used to represent unknown $ amounts. I'm not seeing what ! could do. I don't want to suggest that any rule is more emphatic than the others.

Squidd

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +557
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: January 09, 2018, 09:24:35 am »
+5

I will always be a little sad it isn't Rats!.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7148
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: January 09, 2018, 10:28:31 am »

I don't feel the need to rule out a card name with ? or !, but it doesn't seem so likely. I mean it's Raid, not Raid!, and I think all the ! adds there is "this is trying to be funny."

As noted ? is used to represent unknown $ amounts. I'm not seeing what ! could do. I don't want to suggest that any rule is more emphatic than the others.

I was assuming he was asking about ability text. As you say, an exclamation couldn't realistically add anything to the ability itself. A question mark seems more possible, but I can't really think of a wording where it would make sense.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Cave-o-sapien

• Minion
  • Respect: +1031
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: January 09, 2018, 12:13:47 pm »
+17

I was assuming he was asking about ability text. As you say, an exclamation couldn't realistically add anything to the ability itself. A question mark seems more possible, but I can't really think of a wording where it would make sense.

Mining Village
+1 Card
+2 Actions
You may trash this.
Did you trash this?
If yes: good job! +

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Prepare to be boarded!
  • Respect: +9029
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: January 09, 2018, 08:42:56 pm »
+11

There could be a Treasure that gives X-factorial amount of money.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1123
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #4106 on: January 10, 2018, 12:25:58 am »
+4

There could be a Treasure that gives X-factorial amount of money.
Maybe we could call it Bank!
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Cave-o-sapien

• Minion
  • Respect: +1031
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: January 10, 2018, 01:04:39 am »

Cards with specialized discounts, like Quarry or Ferry, make for interesting Remodel paths that aren't available with global discounts.

Have you ever tested other types of specialized discounts? For example, a Victory-specific cost reducer?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +18626
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: January 10, 2018, 01:43:36 am »
+2

Cards with specialized discounts, like Quarry or Ferry, make for interesting Remodel paths that aren't available with global discounts.

Have you ever tested other types of specialized discounts? For example, a Victory-specific cost reducer?
Dark Ages had "Copies of cards in the trash cost $1 less." Various cards have made just themselves cheaper different ways, like Peddler.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165]  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.