Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 225  All

Author Topic: Interview with Donald X.  (Read 2127119 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Donald X.
« Reply #3300 on: August 07, 2016, 08:39:51 pm »
+1

You could make everyone's rings/braclets/etc. just slightly larger, so that they are more prone to fall off their persons, and then your minions could grab them off the ground.

Hello, police?  Yeah, I think I've found the most sinister villain ever.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: August 07, 2016, 09:27:28 pm »

You could make everyone's rings/braclets/pants/etc. just slightly larger, so that they are more prone to fall off their persons, and then your minions could grab them off the ground.

Hello, police?  Yeah, I think I've found the most sinister villain ever.
now even more sinister

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: August 08, 2016, 12:12:20 am »
+2

Donald, how did you cope with The Great F.DS Outage of August 2016?
As it happens Stef had just said, so what about the campaigns, and I didn't have lists for a few levels somehow, so I refreshed the wiki many times. And when it finally worked the forums were still down but man I had my lists.

Yes I could have checked the live version, but I'd have needed to download a latest version probably, and what fun is that.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: August 08, 2016, 09:39:51 am »
+3

When the new client comes out, do you think you'll play more / any Dominion online? Or is that like, rereading your own book, why do that?

Will the new client be used internally for new card testing?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: August 08, 2016, 09:59:00 am »

Donald, how did you cope with The Great F.DS Outage of August 2016?
As it happens Stef had just said, so what about the campaigns, and I didn't have lists for a few levels somehow, so I refreshed the wiki many times. And when it finally worked the forums were still down but man I had my lists.

Yes I could have checked the live version, but I'd have needed to download a latest version probably, and what fun is that.

So... there is use in me posting all of those up on the wiki?  I've updated Base/Intrigue/Seaside/Cornucopia, and was starting Prosperity next, but I can get up Guilds/Adventures first if you need those for reference.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: August 08, 2016, 04:01:59 pm »

When the new client comes out, do you think you'll play more / any Dominion online? Or is that like, rereading your own book, why do that?
I've played tons of online Dominion. It's a question of how much I'm accomplishing and what other games I could be playing.

I will probably play the new client a bunch before it comes out; I will be accomplishing things. After it comes out, it will depend on those factors.

Will the new client be used internally for new card testing?
It's possible.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: August 08, 2016, 04:04:52 pm »

So... there is use in me posting all of those up on the wiki?  I've updated Base/Intrigue/Seaside/Cornucopia, and was starting Prosperity next, but I can get up Guilds/Adventures first if you need those for reference.
I got all the lists I was missing, thanks.

I am tweaking the campaigns some, and none of the story will survive (I don't know if we will have a story at all, possibly not). So uh. Unless you think you will enjoy having lots of data on no longer existing versions of the campaigns, I would hold off on working on that stuff until January.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: August 08, 2016, 04:44:59 pm »

I got all the lists I was missing, thanks.

I am tweaking the campaigns some, and none of the story will survive (I don't know if we will have a story at all, possibly not). So uh. Unless you think you will enjoy having lots of data on no longer existing versions of the campaigns, I would hold off on working on that stuff until January.

Thanks for the tip.

I would recommend having a story, though - it's nice to have something flavorful to tie together the games.  It's far more interesting to wonder if the Prince of Vaccara will find the thief who stole his poodle (or whatever, hopefully better story is come up with), rather than just playing Prosperity Game #13.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: August 08, 2016, 05:26:00 pm »
+1

I would recommend having a story, though - it's nice to have something flavorful to tie together the games.  It's far more interesting to wonder if the Prince of Vaccara will find the thief who stole his poodle (or whatever, hopefully better story is come up with), rather than just playing Prosperity Game #13.
Well someone would need to write the stories. Not it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: August 08, 2016, 05:51:16 pm »
+1

I mean, I'd be willing to offer my services as a writer.  Only got two Kindle e-books on my resume, really, but just putting it out there.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: August 08, 2016, 07:07:01 pm »

I mean, I'd be willing to offer my services as a writer.  Only got two Kindle e-books on my resume, really, but just putting it out there.
Oooh I'm a writer too, I'd like to write the campaign stories. I usually write middle grade fantasy adventure.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #3311 on: August 08, 2016, 07:19:57 pm »
+1

Oooh I'm a writer too, I'd like to write the campaign stories. I usually write middle grade fantasy adventure.

Can somebody make a bracket of potential campaign writers?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: August 08, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »
+1

Okay, I have made a note of it. Anyone else interested, lemme know.

If people are interested in writing the stories then man, we can have stories. It is not a paying gig, that was probably clear? Your name in lights and the satisfaction of a job well done are about the extent of it.

And I am going to estimate that it's a month off, maybe a bit more; really it makes sense to test the campaigns before writing the stories, so the stories don't refer to something that gets changed.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: August 08, 2016, 07:33:42 pm »
+1

If enough people volunteer, then it might be cool for each writer to write the stories for one expansion in the canpaigns. That is, if nobody minds having some different writing styles represented.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:41:19 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: August 08, 2016, 07:51:09 pm »
+1

Okay, I have made a note of it. Anyone else interested, lemme know.

If people are interested in writing the stories then man, we can have stories. It is not a paying gig, that was probably clear? Your name in lights and the satisfaction of a job well done are about the extent of it.

And I am going to estimate that it's a month off, maybe a bit more; really it makes sense to test the campaigns before writing the stories, so the stories don't refer to something that gets changed.

I could write stuff.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3315 on: August 08, 2016, 10:29:45 pm »
+1

If enough people volunteer, then it might be cool for each writer to write the stories for one expansion in the canpaigns. That is, if nobody minds that we have some different writing styles represented.

I like this idea.  Would probably be a good idea if the writers at least coordinated on characters and whatnot.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: August 08, 2016, 11:03:24 pm »
+1

I'm also up for writing a campaign.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: August 09, 2016, 12:53:17 am »
+1

As am I, if I haven't become unavailable when it needs to happen.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: August 09, 2016, 03:17:01 am »
+1

This is going to end badly...
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: August 09, 2016, 03:35:38 am »
+8

Like when you had to fight Overlord Hogan IV, Lady Marigold, and Gentleman Walter all at once, to save your dog?

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: August 09, 2016, 03:40:51 am »
+1

As am I, if I haven't become unavailable when it needs to happen.

Same. I'm a good writer. Just read any of my posts  :).
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: August 09, 2016, 03:43:35 am »

It is not a paying gig, that was probably clear? Your name in lights and the satisfaction of a job well done are about the extent of it.

Maybe a card created with our name on it. Like more Knights?  ;)
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: August 09, 2016, 03:58:06 am »
+1

Like when you had to fight Overlord Hogan IV, Lady Marigold, and Gentleman Walter all at once, to save your dog?

It's not the writing I am worried about.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: August 09, 2016, 09:41:28 am »

It is not a paying gig, that was probably clear? Your name in lights and the satisfaction of a job well done are about the extent of it.

Maybe a card created with our name on it. Like more Knights?  ;)

"Will write story for looking at my fan cards."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: August 09, 2016, 09:43:37 am »

If ADK is not doing at least one of these, I will be very disappointed.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 225  All

Page created in 1.349 seconds with 21 queries.