Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 226  All

Author Topic: Interview with Donald X.  (Read 2140502 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Donald X.
« Reply #2650 on: January 30, 2016, 10:50:22 pm »
+1

Is the flavor text going to include any Empire Strikes Back references?

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2651 on: January 30, 2016, 10:53:12 pm »

Do you mean the story on the RGG page? I noticed some Shakespeare in it.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 30, 2016, 11:10:30 pm »

Do you mean the story on the RGG page? I noticed some Shakespeare in it.

I didn't know it was done already.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 30, 2016, 11:22:23 pm »
+22

No, but we are going to edit Anakin into the cover of Dominion. It's what we always intended, we just didn't have the technology at the time. And those spears? Walkie-talkies.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 30, 2016, 11:53:39 pm »
+13

No, but we are going to edit Anakin into the cover of Dominion. It's what we always intended, we just didn't have the technology at the time. And those spears? Walkie-talkies.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: January 31, 2016, 08:17:20 am »
+1

Do you have any information about when the German version of Empires will be released? Will it be delayed cpmpared to the English version as much as Adventures?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: January 31, 2016, 09:16:52 am »
+1

Does Hasbro finally have their shit together, or will the English version of Empires be printed in Europe?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

MrFrog

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrFrog
  • Respect: +101
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 31, 2016, 10:31:43 am »

Do you have any information about when the German version of Empires will be released? Will it be delayed cpmpared to the English version as much as Adventures?

http://www.poeppelkiste.de/messe/2016/nuernberg/verlage/ax.php

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: January 31, 2016, 10:38:15 am »

Do you have any information about why the German edition won't be released before fall?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 11:06:57 am by Watno »

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 31, 2016, 12:44:43 pm »

Does Hasbro finally have their shit together, or will the English version of Empires be printed in Europe?

Or printed in the US by Cartamundi, at least.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2660 on: January 31, 2016, 12:55:52 pm »

Will the playtesters be allowed to preview cards against like last time? :)
My plan is to have 5 other people preview a card each, like last time. Last time they were not all playtesters and I don't know about this time yet.
Do you know which cards you will use for previews? I remember in the Adventures previews, you mentioned that 4 per day was still an acceptable percentage due to the "58 new things" introduced in Adventures.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 31, 2016, 01:05:18 pm »
+1

Seriously though: Star Wars is spreading like a desease in the board game world since Disney got their hands on it. I have seen Star Wars Monopoly and Star Wars Pachisi, but also Star Wars Risk, Star Wars Catan, Star Wars Labyrinth, and even Star Wars Carcassonne. I'm not sure there is Star Wars Clue - probably still in the works. Edit: Also in existance: Star Wars Life, Star Wars Operation, Star Wars Guess Who?, Star Wars Trivial Pursuit DVD and Star Wars Stratego...

So, my question: Have you ever been approached/was it ever a consideration to do a licensed Dominion edition? I'm not talking about the japanese manga thing, because that doesn't use characters from another product (as far as i know). I'm thinking more about Disney/Spongebob/Star Wars Dominion, where cards are functionally the same but names and look have been changed.

I'm not even saying this makes sense or is a good idea (except possibly from a publisher's point of view), but i'm curious.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:29:37 pm by Asper »

enfynet

• Torturer
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #2662 on: January 31, 2016, 01:08:32 pm »

I have a huge collection of Disney artwork, and can mock up some "Disneyfied" versions of existing cards.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: January 31, 2016, 02:36:27 pm »

Seriously though: Star Wars is spreading like a desease in the board game world since Disney got their hands on it. I have seen Star Wars Monopoly and Star Wars Pachisi, but also Star Wars Risk, Star Wars Catan, Star Wars Labyrinth, and even Star Wars Carcassonne. I'm not sure there is Star Wars Clue - probably still in the works. Edit: Also in existance: Star Wars Life, Star Wars Operation, Star Wars Guess Who?, Star Wars Trivial Pursuit DVD and Star Wars Stratego...

So, my question: Have you ever been approached/was it ever a consideration to do a licensed Dominion edition? I'm not talking about the japanese manga thing, because that doesn't use characters from another product (as far as i know). I'm thinking more about Disney/Spongebob/Star Wars Dominion, where cards are functionally the same but names and look have been changed.

I'm not even saying this makes sense or is a good idea (except possibly from a publisher's point of view), but i'm curious.

I'd pay to have the original art for Apprentice on a real promo version of the card.  ;D

Donald, feel free to ignore this question, and sorry if you have to, but how far is Empires from the famous "Treasure Chest" expansion which has been so long hypothesized?

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 31, 2016, 02:44:05 pm »
+1

I'd pay to have the original art for Apprentice on a real promo version of the card.  ;D

Donald, feel free to ignore this question, and sorry if you have to, but how far is Empires from the famous "Treasure Chest" expansion which has been so long hypothesized?

I have more of the feeling that we are entering a "Treasure Chest state" in general, where the strict "No" against reusing older stuff has crumbled. Adventures made the start, Empires follows suit. Curious whether that means that in a few more years we'll see "Dominion - Sorcery" featuring new Potion cards ;)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: January 31, 2016, 04:02:16 pm »
+1

Non-Empires question:  Is it Vac-CAR-ino, or Vacca-RIN-o?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 31, 2016, 04:43:57 pm »
+6

Throat-WARbler-MANGrove
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: January 31, 2016, 04:44:10 pm »
+1

Whack-a-Rhino?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 31, 2016, 05:40:10 pm »
+4

Hasbro sold that printing plant to Cartamundi, and we switched to them. So, Hasbro is no longer relevant here. We are waiting to see a test printing from Cartamundi, to decide if we're printing in Germany (which would delay the set due to shipping) or not.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 31, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »
+1

Do you have any information about why the German edition won't be released before fall?
It's up to Altenburger and that's what they picked. Probably they just wanted to release at Spiel, in Essen, which is in October.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: January 31, 2016, 05:43:50 pm »
+4

Do you know which cards you will use for previews? I remember in the Adventures previews, you mentioned that 4 per day was still an acceptable percentage due to the "58 new things" introduced in Adventures.
I've picked out cards to preview.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: January 31, 2016, 05:54:41 pm »
+8

Yes, I turned down Star Wars Dominion a while back, and just today by coincidence, someone without the license asked if they could do it (if you guys see this post before getting an email: sorry, no).

My research at the time suggested that Star Wars Operation, for example, sold on the strength of Operation, not Star Wars; Operation sold better. The license is expensive; what you are doing is paying Star Wars to promote your game, rather than cashing in on lust for Star Wars.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: January 31, 2016, 05:56:33 pm »
+2

I did the math on a Treasure Chest long ago and nothing has changed there. If Empires were a Treasure Chest, we would have advertised it as one.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: January 31, 2016, 05:57:57 pm »
+3

RIN is the accented syllable, pronounced REEN of course.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: January 31, 2016, 06:23:24 pm »

I've picked out cards to preview.

I hope "cards" includes events and landmarks here.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 226  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.