Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203]  All

Author Topic: Interview with Donald X.  (Read 1014450 times)

allanfieldhouse

• Golem
  • Respect: +297
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Donald X.
« Reply #5050 on: October 27, 2020, 12:43:16 pm »

Wasn't there some news late last year about a new company developing an app or other offline Dominion version? Sorry, I don't remember many details. Anyway, is that still happening? Is there somewhere I can check for updates on that?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +23531
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: October 27, 2020, 04:48:11 pm »
+2

Wasn't there some news late last year about a new company developing an app or other offline Dominion version? Sorry, I don't remember many details. Anyway, is that still happening? Is there somewhere I can check for updates on that?
There is no place to check for updates, though you can ask me like you did. They started testing but I have no idea when the release will be.

scolapasta

• Tactician
  • Respect: +391
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: October 29, 2020, 04:33:58 pm »

Since it seems like Covid is going to be around for a while, any chance of a new promo to give us something to enjoy during our personal quarantines?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: October 29, 2020, 05:50:09 pm »
+6

Since it seems like Covid is going to be around for a while, any chance of a new promo to give us something to enjoy during our personal quarantines?
The problem is that playtesting with adults isn't happening, due to the shutdown. I've put a lot of work into a new expansion, playing it with an 11-year-old, but I can't sign off on it until I've played it a bunch with adults. An individual promo would be less risky but well. I'd rather know more there too.

silverspawn

• Governor
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +2241
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: October 29, 2020, 05:59:55 pm »

How about a hidden online implementation and online playtesting?

scolapasta

• Tactician
  • Respect: +391
    • View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: October 29, 2020, 06:09:40 pm »

I was going to suggest playing via Zoom, where everyone has a set of the cards you're using. My partner played with her in law they way one night and they enjoyed it.

(in this case a promo would be easier than a new expanision*, as it's only one "custom" card)

* also, new expansion, post pandemic - wheeeeee!
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

spineflu

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • +1 Coffers, +1 Respect
  • Respect: +431
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #5056 on: October 29, 2020, 06:17:14 pm »

I was going to suggest playing via Zoom, where everyone has a set of the cards you're using. My partner played with her in law they way one night and they enjoyed it.

(in this case a promo would be easier than a new expanision*, as it's only one "custom" card)

* also, new expansion, post pandemic - wheeeeee!
or via Tabletop Simulator. I've enjoyed my playtest sessions for friend's games on there.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1578
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: October 29, 2020, 07:34:47 pm »
+3

Playing online and playing physically aren't the same. Some things are easier, some harder. I know several designers who've been playtesting prototypes online this year, and none of them are willing to release their designs before they've played them physically.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: October 30, 2020, 06:01:46 am »
+4

The hidden online implementation hasn't gained traction. Conceivably we could get enough playtesting done that way, but we sure haven't.

A few games have been Zoomed.

Titus

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: Titus
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: November 18, 2020, 10:17:31 am »
+1

Did you consider making Potion granting x$+Potion ? It sometimes feels weird having three estates, copper, potion in hand t3 for example..  just asking, ya know.
hopefully my questions don't feel too inconvenient.. Sorry, if they do. Anyway, big fan of your game!

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: November 18, 2020, 10:48:18 am »
+1

Did you consider making Potion granting x$+Potion ? It sometimes feels weird having three estates, copper, potion in hand t3 for example..  just asking, ya know.
hopefully my questions don't feel too inconvenient.. Sorry, if they do. Anyway, big fan of your game!
No. The premise was an alternate resource; not a partially alternate resource. Many people over the years have thought they'd like "Potion +$" better. I've never felt much of a pull towards that though. So far what I like best is just not doing potions.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.