Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: AdamH's channels  (Read 40977 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
Re: AdamH's channel
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »

Hey Adam, I love the videos and I've learned a lot from your analysis and breakdown of each kingdom. I especially like the Tuesday night Dominion idea. Speaking of which, you kicked me this past Tuesday while streaming and it practically ruined my Dominon career. It's cool though, I can forgive. See you around!
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2014, 10:46:50 pm »

Hey thanks for letting me know, it's good to know what's working well and what isn't.

If you want to play me at any point, just let me know, I usually don't discriminate. If I kicked you, it was either an accident or because I had a minimum rating going for when I was streaming. Sorry for any psychological damage I may have caused  :P
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2014, 11:02:25 pm »
+1

Hey thanks for letting me know, it's good to know what's working well and what isn't.

If you want to play me at any point, just let me know, I usually don't discriminate. If I kicked you, it was either an accident or because I had a minimum rating going for when I was streaming. Sorry for any psychological damage I may have caused  :P

It's cool, I think you were playing some games with a specific person at the time. I'm sure we'll run into eachother sometime soon.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

c4master

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +56
    • View Profile
Re: AdamH's channels
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2014, 03:03:55 am »
+1

Hey, Adam, I really like your videos. They're great, espacially since you're being emotional. It just feels like playing the game by yourself. Also, it's a big thing, when you try to cool down and think it over to make the right move. This is what many people don't do and thus lose games because they are too greedy. Still, it's nice to see, even the best players are greedy as well and it takes a lot of self control to play correctly when a win is at hand.

For the 3rd game with psyduck, why did you decide to get a second Jack, but no advisor at all? Even if he denied you a markgrave, you could just scavenge it back on top and draw it with your next draw card, or is that just working in my dreams?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2014, 07:55:27 am »

Hey, Adam, I really like your videos. They're great, espacially since you're being emotional. It just feels like playing the game by yourself. Also, it's a big thing, when you try to cool down and think it over to make the right move. This is what many people don't do and thus lose games because they are too greedy. Still, it's nice to see, even the best players are greedy as well and it takes a lot of self control to play correctly when a win is at hand.

For the 3rd game with psyduck, why did you decide to get a second Jack, but no advisor at all? Even if he denied you a markgrave, you could just scavenge it back on top and draw it with your next draw card, or is that just working in my dreams?

What I was thinking is that I had an extra Margrave in hand after drawing my deck and extra space for terminals in my deck. I thought Jack would be just a Silver-gainer and it would help me economy, not really much more than that. Even later in the game I realized it was a mistake.

I'm actually thinking another Scavenger would have been a better buy there, it would have given me economy and also reliability. I worry about Advisor in that deck because my economy comes from treasures. I'm really relying on my Margraves to draw my deck and it's so likely that Advisor will turn up some combination of Treasures/Green and draw that it would be very easy for those to get denied. At that point I only had one Scavenger so that could have already been denied or I might not have it in hand yet. The turn I got Province/Jack/FV probably should have just been Province/Margrave.

And I'm glad you like my videos/streams! When I started I didn't know how serious I wanted to be with my videos, but over time I think I've found the right balance of being entertaining while not sucking at Dominion so much that people just don't want to watch. At least it works for me :)

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:35 pm »
+1

I just watched the stream where you were skyping with Wandering Winder. That was an amazing format. You two discussing the strategy during and after the game.

I am always a fan of new formats (like your split screen videos) and really really enjoyed this new format. Keep up the good work, bro :-)
Greetings,
SirDagen

c4master

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2014, 07:08:04 am »

I've just watched your games against AI.

In the third one, you claim, that you've already lost this, even before it starts, due to Rebuild & 2nd seat.
Do you think double Emborga (denying Duchies) would have stood a chance? So Estate->Duchy->Province would be only +3 points instead of +5. If he manages to get 4 Provinces early on, you only needed to grab 2. Since he doenst really want more estates, this seems like it could work.
Anyways, this game was nasty. Rebuild really sucks.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2014, 08:24:21 am »

In the third one, you claim, that you've already lost this, even before it starts, due to Rebuild & 2nd seat.
Do you think double Emborga (denying Duchies) would have stood a chance? So Estate->Duchy->Province would be only +3 points instead of +5.
Embargo makes you gain a Curse on buy, not on gain.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2014, 08:36:22 am »
+3

Do you think double Emborga (denying Duchies) would have stood a chance? So Estate->Duchy->Province would be only +3 points instead of +5.

Either that, or embargo on the curse pile in a 6-player game is really cruel.
Join the Dominion League!

c4master

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2014, 09:24:42 am »

Well, then there's really not much you could have done about this game.
Rebuild is just silly.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2014, 11:37:22 am »
+2

So part of the reason I said I had already lost the match was because I was playing Rebuild against AI from the second seat, but also because of the place I was mentally. I knew I'd have to play perfectly and get lucky to beat him that game, and there was no way I would play perfectly. And I didn't.

But after some discussion, people were talking about the Minion engine that could have been stronger than Rebuild, so I tried it out (starts at about 12:30). Turns out the engine should beat the pants off Rebuild here.

Why? Well the engine wants to open Embargo because it wants to hit $5 but doesn't want a Silver in the deck, and an early Embargo on Rebuilds is quite strong, much stronger than I thought it would be. Second, Minion is just one of those cards where if you let your opponent have all of them, you just lose  no matter what (I know that's not entirely true, but Minion's power is quite strong). I'm not really convinced yet that the Minion attack really counters Rebuild, but not contesting Minions is a big deal and it shows on this particular board.

c4master

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2014, 12:21:59 pm »

pretty impressive :)

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2014, 12:47:15 pm »

If you gained on gain, wouldn't the first person to take a curse just take the whole pile?

SCSN

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2014, 12:55:34 pm »
+1

If you gained on gain, wouldn't the first person to take a curse just take the whole pile?

That was kind of the point: the first person to gain an embargoed Curse in a 6-player game would instantly see his Gardens upped by 6VP each.

Jdaki

• Bishop
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2014, 04:09:33 pm »

5 vp surely? :P

c4master

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2014, 03:23:07 pm »
+1

I've seen your new video with Qvist. I think, this format is great for n00bs like me to learn about dominion. You can really see, why engines are string: because of the endgame control. There's hardly any way you could end that game on a win while Qvists engine-variant has just like all of the control. I'm still underestimating endgame control, I think. Anyways, I still can't believe that claim, that at least 70% of all boards are engine boards. I mean, there are still slogs and rushes and combos and even big money.
It would be nice to see you both try out some more of these splitscreen videos and espacially if you try different things.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2014, 04:17:31 pm »

I've seen your new video with Qvist. I think, this format is great for n00bs like me to learn about dominion. You can really see, why engines are string: because of the endgame control. There's hardly any way you could end that game on a win while Qvists engine-variant has just like all of the control. I'm still underestimating endgame control, I think. Anyways, I still can't believe that claim, that at least 70% of all boards are engine boards. I mean, there are still slogs and rushes and combos and even big money.
You can build an engine on almost any board. Slogs, rushes and combos need very specific boards in order to work, and big money needs pretty much a board with absolutely nothing else or at most a very weak engine in order to work. Unless it's a very strong big money board, but those are as rare as rushes.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:10 pm »

You can really see, why engines are string

anybody else feel like an old fart learning that "string" is a new word for "nifty"?

In addition to spelling errors, c4master needs to copy edit for comma use.   :P
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2014, 08:52:44 pm »

anybody else feel like an old fart learning that "string" is a new word for "nifty"?

So, I feel like there should be some kind of "Dude, you're on the internet" meme.
(I was only slightly tempted to purposefully screw up the grammar there).

On the other hand, I do find myself somewhat bothered by this kind of thing all over - particularly the superfluous commas.

On the other hand (apparently I have three (or more) hands), there are lots of non-native English speakers (writers).

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2014, 09:19:39 pm »

So, I feel like there should be some kind of "Dude, you're on the internet" meme.
(I was only slightly tempted to purposefully screw up the grammar there).

On the other hand, I do find myself somewhat bothered by this kind of thing all over - particularly the superfluous commas.

On the other hand (apparently I have three (or more) hands), there are lots of non-native English speakers (writers).
Is that a stab at overusage of parentheses (for purposes other than smiley forming)? I personally feel like I use them too often.

c4master

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2014, 10:49:21 am »

Probably I'm just not recognizing irony, but:
It's a mistyping. Plus, I never heard the word "nifty" anytime before this post. I had to leo its meaning and I don't think, elegant or ingenious is the right word. I really talked about plain strength.

PS: As you can guess, I'm not a native speaker. And I like to place commas, where I believe them to be correct (like in German).  :P

If this post is super foolish, just don't tell me. ;)

c4master

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2014, 08:47:27 am »
+1

Sorry for the double post, but I really have to tell you, I love your newest bunch of videos. Those 3-player games with Qvist and WW are awesome. :D

Yet, the Cultist game doesn't seem to work correctly on Youtube. At some point, it just stops and I found no way of making it work again. :(

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2014, 08:57:16 am »

Hmm, well you can watch it on Twitch and I'll see if there's anything I can do about it if I'm having the same problem on YouTube, though I don't remember that issue :(

That Cultist game was so bad, but how can you not have fun when you're playing with WW and Qvist? Also, I love hearing feedback, especially when it's positive :D

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2014, 08:58:26 am »

Yet, the Cultist game doesn't seem to work correctly on Youtube. At some point, it just stops and I found no way of making it work again. :(

Huh, worked for me ~3 hours ago...
Something happened to your opponents' voices, though. I think they were recorded twice somehow. Sounds a little creepy ;)
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2014, 09:03:12 am »

Something happened to your opponents' voices, though. I think they were recorded twice somehow. Sounds a little creepy ;)

Yeah, I know exactly what happened there, and it's actually amazing. I've been trying forever to get OBS to pipe my system sound directly to the stream and failing, so I've been putting it on my speakers and letting my microphone catch it from there. This makes the audio quality pretty bad.

Earlier this stream I was messing with my audio settings and I somehow fixed it and didn't realize it, so now I don't have to have my speakers on and my opponent's commentary should sound much better on the live streams :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries.