Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Idea for a new reaction card  (Read 2657 times)

Julle

• Bishop
  • Respect: +572
    • View Profile
Idea for a new reaction card
« on: September 05, 2011, 04:16:08 am »

I've been thinking this one few days and came up with this.

Because of reaction part being pretty long, nothing special for the action part. I've been thinking:

Trash 1 card
or
2$
or maybe even mini-militia:
1$, everyone discards down to 4 cards
Making it first Reaction - Attack.

For the reaction part:

When another player plays an attack card, you may reveal this from hand. If you do, you discard or cain in hand a card costing up to $2. You cannot reveal more reactions against current attack after this.

The last part is because otherwise you would be able to empty any <2$ pile you like. Of course you can reveal another reactions before this.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for a new reaction card
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:01:45 am »

is there a
"... if you do this, you are not affected by the attack"
missing, or why should I want to react like this on an attack?

Julle

• Bishop
  • Respect: +572
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 12:05:15 pm »

It works directly against:

Minion: Good hand except 1 bad card. Discard the bad card and you are unaffected by the attack.
Bureucrat: You still have to discard an estate but at least it doesn't go on the deck.
Ghost ship: Discard one so you only have to put 1 back on the deck.
Mountebank: Somehow, you can choose to gain a curse in hand so you won't get copper too.

Against other attack it won't work directly, but sometimes you might need to gain a Hamlet or an extra copper to buy the last province. Maybe it would have trash instead of discard to make it universally better.

Glooble

• Bishop
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:29:01 pm »

Would also help against Torturers a little - gain a Hamlet or a Pawn or something and then discard it, you get to keep four of your cards instead of three.

Also weird interaction with Moat/ Secret chamber. But I guess you can't gain a moat then reveal it. Not against the current attack, anyway. You could gain a moat after being hit with your first Torturer, discard the reaction and one other card, then be immune to the rest of the Torturer chain.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 03:32:22 pm by Glooble »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 02:49:40 am »

Also weird interaction with Moat/ Secret chamber. But I guess you can't gain a moat then reveal it. Not against the current attack, anyway. You could gain a moat after being hit with your first Torturer, discard the reaction and one other card, then be immune to the rest of the Torturer chain.

Why shouldn't this be possible? You can find a Moat with you Secret Chamber and then reveal it, that more or less the same...

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 05:27:03 am »

For the reaction part:

When another player plays an attack card, you may reveal this from hand. If you do, you discard or cain in hand a card costing up to $2. You cannot reveal more reactions against current attack after this.

rinkworks

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +938
    • View Profile
    • RinkWorks
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 09:50:02 am »

Rather than adding a new rule to the game space ("you cannot reveal more reactions against current attack after this"), you could solve this problem by using the mechanism that Horse Traders uses to solve the same kind of problem.  When you reveal the card, you must set it aside, then return it to your hand at the start of your next turn.

This ensures you can only reveal the reaction once, without prohibiting two other things that might be fun to be able to do:  (1) reveal multiple copies of this reaction card in response to an attack, and (2) gaining a Moat with it, then revealing the Moat.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.