Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Everyone with right-aligned Pokemon signatures  (Read 15607 times)

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Everyone with right-aligned Pokemon signatures
« on: December 04, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »
+1

Y'all are cool people. +1 to you. In my mind.

Unfortunately the RB sprites on PokemonDB don't have transparent backgrounds, so I can't put in what I want.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone with right-aligned Pokemon signatures
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:39:45 pm »
+2

Okay, everyone post here so that he can +1 us with his finger. Using his mind.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 01:50:23 pm »
+1

This seems as good a thread as any to derail with the question "are there any past or present online Pokemon battlers on here?"  I can believe that there could be some overlap with Dominion, which seems to be backed up by hints I've seen here and there.  I spent a lot of time on the RSBots on IRC when they were a thing, but never got into the later generations.  I now occasionally play randbats on Showdown, but can never be bothered to work out a sensible team.

EDIT: I am surprised and delighted that this happens to be my post 386!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:52:12 pm by qmech »

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 01:55:18 pm »
+2

This seems as good a thread as any to derail with the question "are there any past or present online Pokemon battlers on here?"  I can believe that there could be some overlap with Dominion, which seems to be backed up by hints I've seen here and there.  I spent a lot of time on the RSBots on IRC when they were a thing, but never got into the later generations.  I now occasionally play randbats on Showdown, but can never be bothered to work out a sensible team.

I played on NetBattle in gen 3!

Bulbapedia has transparent background RB sprites! Tentacruel is the best.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 02:01:44 pm »
+1

I played on NetBattle in gen 3!

Me too! Medicham/Blissey/Skarmory/Dusclops/Ludicolo/someone else... It's been so long. Man, Ludicolo was the coolest dude ever. Also, Medicham was fun. Adamant Choice Band Fake Out/Shadow Ball/Rock Slide/Focus Punch. 720 attack Focus Punches killed everything, and Fake Out did 75% to Jolteon and Ninjask. So slow and fragile, but so much fun.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:08:08 pm »
+1

How did I miss this thread? Hmmm...

BITE
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:09:24 pm »

I just remember that gen 3 was rather stall-oriented if you could play well. Skarmory, Blissey, Dusclops, Claydol, Celebi, Suicune, and Snorlax were all super difficult to break through, even if you had good wallbreakers like Tyraniboah. I think my crowning achievement in that generation was defeating imperfectluck in a tournament match that went to 180 turns.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 02:09:53 pm »

I've never actively played Pokémon. I mean, I dabbled with it as I tried out different games for my Nintendo DS.
I can understand why people like it though and adding a cute sprite myself just shows my sympathy. :)

So, here's to you, trainers!  :D

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 02:14:23 pm »

I think my crowning achievement in that generation was defeating imperfectluck in a tournament match that went to 180 turns.

You must share the log.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 02:17:59 pm »

Sadly the log is long, long gone. I didn't even play that match on my own computer.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 02:28:29 pm »

I've put the last team I use in my sig: Venusaur, Skarmory, Blissey, Suicune, Metagross and Salamence.  It did well for a long time, but was not really up to scratch by the time I stopped playing.  The event moves that have come out since then have probably made it even more unsound, but it's probably where I'd start if I went back to it.

I don't think I've ever run a Boah.  Perhaps my favourite thing that isn't in the team is McGar (Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt/Substitute/Focus Punch).

At one time an article I wrote was the number one hit on Google for Suicune.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 03:25:33 pm »
+2

I liked the show.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 03:29:22 pm »

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 03:38:04 pm »

I liked the show.

"Liked" the show?

Yeah! I can't claim to be its number one fan, as I never saw much beyond the league games, but those first few seasons of badge collecting in Kanto.... great stuff.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 03:44:23 pm »

Was obsessed back in 96-98 when it was fresh.  Had all three of the original versions of the game, then just got one of the future ones. 

I watched all of the Kanto and Orange Islands anime, but got sick of it during Johto when every episode had "You did a good job, we're such good friends Pikachu" moments.  The show entirely lost what little edge it had.

Read some of Pokemon Adventures (the manga).  It's pretty good.

I collected cards, and had the entire Base-Fossil sets.  Lost interest around the time the Neo expansion came. 

I started playing online in IRC during the 2nd Gen era, played on Netbattle, just a little on shoddy and haven't done much since, though I occasionally read Smogon and laugh at casuals crying about bans.  I know the game is deeper now, but it's... too complex, with way too many options and ways to tweak instead of an emphasis on balancing the vast number of monsters.  I know there's no way they can all be viable, but it just feels too bloated now.  I can't keep it straight in my head anymore, and I prefer RPGs with more interesting battle mechanics anyway.  That said, I still play one version of the games as they come.  Black and White are definitely the best in the series, and I'm at least pleased Game Freak has continued to improve the games, which is more than can be said for most Nintendo series.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 03:47:38 pm »
+1

Was obsessed back in 96-98 when it was fresh.  Had all three of the original versions of the game, then just got one of the future ones. 

I watched all of the Kanto and Orange Islands anime, but got sick of it during Johto when every episode had "You did a good job, we're such good friends Pikachu" moments.  The show entirely lost what little edge it had.

I collected cards, and had the entire Base-Fossil sets.  Lost interest around the time the Neo expansion came. 

I started playing online in IRC during the 2nd Gen era, played on Netbattle, just a little on shoddy and haven't done much since, though I occasionally read Smogon and laugh at casuals crying about bans.  I know the game is deeper now, but it's... too complex, with way too many options and ways to tweak instead of an emphasis on balancing the vast number of monsters.  I know there's no way they can all be viable, but it just feels too bloated now.  I can't keep it straight in my head anymore, and I prefer RPGs with more interesting battle mechanics anyway.  That said, I still play one version of the games as they come.  Black and White are definitely the best in the series, and I'm at least pleased Game Freak has continued to improve the games, which is more than can be said for most Nintendo series.

>:(

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 07:14:28 pm »

Yeah! Legend of Zelda is terrible!

oh hey Robz.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 07:19:33 pm »
+1

oh hey Robz.

My girlfriend of.... 4 years ago was a huge Zelda fan. Swore up and down that the Zelda franchise was better than the Final Fantasy franchise. I had to break up with her.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 07:31:47 pm »
+2

I liked the show.

The show was cute when I was kid.  Now it's goddamn annoying and Ash needs to die in a fire.  The games are pure awesome though.  Black & White may have produced the trash bag Pokemon, but it also produced Scolipede.  That'll do, Nintendo.  That'll do.

Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

() | (_) ^/

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: p4ddy0d00rs
  • Nemo dat quod non habet.
  • Respect: +526
    • View Profile
    • BGG profile
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 08:10:57 pm »

I liked the show.

The show was cute when I was kid.  Now it's goddamn annoying and Ash needs to die in a fire.  The games are pure awesome though.  Black & White may have produced the trash bag Pokemon, but it also produced Scolipede.  That'll do, Nintendo.  That'll do.

+1 for reference to Babe.  Nostalgia'd hard.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 08:28:42 pm »

oh hey Robz.

My girlfriend of.... 4 years ago was a huge Zelda fan. Swore up and down that the Zelda franchise was better than the Final Fantasy franchise. I had to break up with her.

Then you're going to have to break up with me too, Galzria, because the Zelda franchise is certainly better than the Final Fantasy franchise.

It's tough even to compare the two, though, because Final Fantasy tells unique, contained stories, whereas Zelda games are part of narrative continuum. There are some very strong individual Final Fantasy games (IX is my personal favorite), but the series doesn't have the same resonance. Also, it's more recent games (XIII, especially) were missteps.

Zelda continues to improve over time, though it churns out a weaker game now and then (like Twilight Princess). Majora's Mask is gaming perfection.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:24 pm »

oh hey Robz.

Then you're going to have to break up with me too, Galzria, because the Zelda franchise is certainly better than the Final Fantasy franchise.

It's tough even to compare the two, though, because Final Fantasy tells unique, contained stories, whereas Zelda games are part of narrative continuum. There are some very strong individual Final Fantasy games (IX is my personal favorite), but the series doesn't have the same resonance. Also, it's more recent games (XIII, especially) were missteps.

Zelda continues to improve over time, though it churns out a weaker game now and then (like Twilight Princess). Majora's Mask is gaming perfection.

I agree that FF is in a bit of a slump. The biggest issue I had with Zelda is that I never felt that there was any real depth to the character development. I never felt in tune or connected with anyone. FF, even with it's misses, always felt personal at some level. The stories broke your heart. They touched on the highs and lows of humanity. The monstrosities that we create within ourselves, and the humanity to which we feel compelled to save... And these ranges of emotion and personality quite often resided within one individual.

I don't know. I never felt that connection in Zelda. Granted, I only played up through early N64 before giving up - so there's much I've missed since then. I also ceased playing FF religiously when XI came out. I purchased it, but playing online didn't work for me in terms of the quality of story I desired. I played through every one prior to that though (VIII was, imo, the weakest).

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 09:13:06 pm »

Oh, okay, well if you haven't played Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or Skyward Sword, you are entitled to that opinion about Zelda. The character development is heartrending.
--
I didn't play XI. I gave XII a good long shot, and didn't like it. I gave XIII 3 hours of my life that I will never get back, and was pretty disappointed.

Really liked VII, IX, and X though.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 09:31:58 pm »
+4

Ash needs to die in a fire. 
I don't think ashes can die in fires.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:36 pm »

So what are all your favourite pokemon?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.