Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Tournament pages  (Read 5027 times)

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Tournament pages
« on: December 04, 2012, 09:13:57 am »

As currently the DS Championships are going on, I like to ask in what detail the tournament infos should look like?
Personally I like to have a page for each Championship with results, background info, stats and so on.
Regarding results, we could include tournament brackets (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:64TeamBracket).
Is this too much work with little benefit or is it something you like to see? If it's the latter, this is the perfect time to do so, if you ask me.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament pages
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:19:01 am »

sounds good to me! as it is the tournament page is a little cluttered. i had been thinking of splitting the page into live tournament and online tournament pages, but making a detailed page for each (major) tournament is a nice idea too.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:14:10 am »
+2

i started this page for this tournament. i'll try to fill in further as i am able.

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/2012_DominionStrategy.com_Championships
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 07:17:20 am »

i started this page for this tournament. i'll try to fill in further as i am able.

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/2012_DominionStrategy.com_Championships

I created the template for the brackets and it worked, but it takes a lot of space. So if someone has an idea for this, I'm glad to fix this.
What do you think? Would it work to collapse the brackets per default and expand them "on click"?

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:30 pm »

I created the template for the brackets and it worked, but it takes a lot of space. So if someone has an idea for this, I'm glad to fix this.
What do you think? Would it work to collapse the brackets per default and expand them "on click"?

Yeah I think so.  Probably towards the end we can have the Elite Eight or Sweet Sixteen bracket up and the rest collapsed.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hugovj
  • DFTBA
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 10:00:58 am »
+2

BUMP.

So, the tournaments page is quite a mess, and not at all updated. I worked on Gokodom 3, which I have finished now. It needs some extra work, like an infobox linking to the previous installments and where you can directly see the winner etc. Does anyone know how to fix that?

However, there are some overall things I think are missing right now:
-Players should get a page. Not average players like me, but Stef probably should have a page, were it says he won the f.ds championships and how he did in other tournaments, etc.
-The general tournaments page needs a makeover. Some tournaments have links to all rounds, others don't. I think a clean look would be best, with links to rounds, rules, boards etc. on the specific tournament page. So a link to Gokodoms forum on the Iso/Gokodom page.
- Should Iso/Gokodom be merged? I think it should, but I'm not 100% positive.
- I don't know what the idea was of the 'format/rules'-section on the main tournaments page, but it's empty right now. So... Yeah.

If you want to help: Great! If you don't, but you have ideas on how the 'look-and-feel' should be: Less great! (But still pretty great) If you have no interest at all: Then you should watch these puppies:

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 03:31:15 pm »
+4

I'm going to try and keep up with the 2015 Dominion Championships on the wiki, so if anyone wants to help: great ;)

http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/2015_DominionStrategy.com_Championships
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 07:17:54 pm by Hugovj »

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 07:05:48 pm »

Also, I have  a (very ugly) solution for the bracket. It's terribly based on Round12 from the official wikipedia. I hope someone who understands this code better than me can find the time to implement a feature which works in Round8, which is the 'skipmatch'-feature, in the Round12-template I also uploaded. If not, I'll try to fix this, but for now this is the best I can do.

Hugovj

• Apprentice
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 01:22:50 pm »

So, that very ugly solution apparently stops working when it reaches the round of 16, so I really need another solution. Is there no one who can help?  :)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.