Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1168472 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #3925 on: June 23, 2014, 02:54:33 pm »

I'm sure he's finding the discussion on the lack of utility of his answers useful. 

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: June 23, 2014, 02:54:53 pm »
+1

Hey so I'm having some troubles--the "Other" category on my iPhone is taking up like 2.6 GB of space. Does anyone know how to get rid of some of the stuff in this category?

Yes, throw away the phone and get something that isn't Apple.

-_- okay but seriously, how?

Despite agreeing with Witherweaver in general here, I'd suggest searching the Apple store, possibly on a computer rather than on the phone itself, for some sort of app that will allow you to examine files.  I have one on Android, I'm certain someone must have created one for iOS.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1084
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: June 23, 2014, 03:18:59 pm »

I'm sure he's finding the discussion on the lack of utility of his answers useful.

Why are you going out of your way to make posts like this?
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: June 23, 2014, 03:28:31 pm »
+2

Why are you going out of your way to make posts like this?

Out of my way?  Making sarcastic posts on f.ds is right up there on my daily to-do list. 

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: June 23, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »
+2

Ok here's my point:

Sometimes the amount of sarcasm I see here just makes me roll my eyes. But sometimes the sarcasm is at the expense of someone else's problem or mistake and that's something I don't stand for. I'm all for jokes and whatever but mail-mi made it clear he had a problem and he wasn't interested in sarcastic responses. Yet out of all the responses he's gotten, Kirian's is the only one that has been helpful. The others were designed to make him feel dumb for purchasing an Iphone in the first place. Not funny.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: June 23, 2014, 03:42:28 pm »

So here's my point:

A nonserious response does not preclude the existence of a serious response.  Your complaining about people not answering his problem did nothing in the way of providing him a useful answer.  If you were so concerned, you could have researched the issue and found an answer.

People generally come to this forum to joke around with each other. 

And clearly no one was insulting Mail-Mi for having an IPhone in any serious way.  No post was designed to make him feel dumb.  Mine was just an "Apple sucks!" joking response, and Awaclus' post was on the premise that misinterpreting an ambiguous but obvious statement in the nonobvious way as if it was seriously what the person meant is funny.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1380
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: June 23, 2014, 03:44:33 pm »

So here's my point:

A nonserious response does not preclude the existence of a serious response.  Your complaining about people not answering his problem did nothing in the way of providing him a useful answer.  If you were so concerned, you could have researched the issue and found an answer.

And clearly no one was insulting Mail-Mi for having an IPhone in any serious way.  No post was designed to make him feel dumb.  Mine was just an "Apple sucks!" joking response, and Awaclus' post was on the premise that misinterpreting an ambiguous but obvious statement in the nonobvious way as if it was seriously what the person meant is funny.

All you had to do was at the end of your post say "But no, I don't know what's wrong with your phone. It's apple and I Apple products make me vomit"

It's sort of sarcastic-y in nature but actually also informs him that you don't know the answer.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: June 23, 2014, 03:45:24 pm »

Hey so I'm having some troubles--the "Other" category on my iPhone is taking up like 2.6 GB of space. Does anyone know how to get rid of some of the stuff in this category?

I'm not sure, but I know that software updates actually take up memory on your phone. So downloading updates actually reduces memory. I'm pretty sure Apple works like that.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: June 23, 2014, 03:52:39 pm »
+1

So here's my point:

Well first of all I don't know shit about Iphones so I'm not about to talk about something I know nothing about. Second of all, I was hoping me complaining about you not providing a useful answer might've motivated you to provide a useful answer. But instead all I got were a couple sarcastic comments about how I'm not doing anything useful. Great.

Just because you didn't intend for something to be offensive doesn't mean it wasn't. Think about where mail-mi is coming from. He has this problem, he gets a couple smartass responses, he asks again for a serious answer and he gets a couple more smartass responses. If I were him I would totally frustrated and annoyed. Did you ever stop to think about that?

All you had to do was at the end of your post say "But no, I don't know what's wrong with your phone. It's apple and I Apple products make me vomit"

It's sort of sarcastic-y in nature but actually also informs him that you don't know the answer.

Yes!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: June 23, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »
+6

hey guys it's fine. i knew what coming to this thread would do, i was prepared  :P
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: June 23, 2014, 04:04:24 pm »

hey guys it's fine. i knew what coming to this thread would do, i was prepared  :P

Edge cased!

/drink
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3228
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: June 23, 2014, 05:47:25 pm »

it's not about you though. whether you are offended by the responses here or not isn't really relevant for the point andrew is making, because it depends on your personality, which has nothing to do with the matter at hand. it's about whether or not it's okay to response to a post "I have this problem XX" with a dumb joke.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: June 23, 2014, 05:53:55 pm »
+1

So here's my point:

If someone offers a joke instead of a solution, I don't assume that he knows the answer but is just taunting me for some reason.  The lack of a serious answer already implies that he doesn't know.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: June 23, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »

Have you hooked your phone up to Itunes and looked there?  It's much easier to get a breakdown of what's on your phone in itunes than it is on your phone.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: June 23, 2014, 06:05:17 pm »

Have you hooked your phone up to Itunes and looked there?  It's much easier to get a breakdown of what's on your phone in itunes than it is on your phone.

It's on iTunes that I have this large other category.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: June 23, 2014, 06:07:07 pm »

It's on iTunes that I have this large other category.

Could be relevant:

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19589410

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3941 on: June 23, 2014, 06:24:01 pm »

It's avant-garde metal cover time again! There's an original intro composed by me, but it really is Sis puella magica!.

I guess this could've gone in the Song of the day topic just as well, but I'll post it here, since I'm not a huge fan of posting two consecutive posts in a topic.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:25:21 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: June 23, 2014, 06:28:36 pm »

The lack of a serious answer already implies that he doesn't know.
that's the only argument I really buy into

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: June 23, 2014, 06:29:52 pm »

Man, I just wanted to make a funny "Apple sucks!" post :(

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: June 23, 2014, 06:54:39 pm »
+2

The others were designed to make him feel dumb for purchasing an Iphone in the first place.

And quite rightly so.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: June 23, 2014, 07:34:37 pm »

I'm on your side!  I've got nothing against the jokes.

KingZog3

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: June 23, 2014, 08:12:43 pm »
+1

I'm on a third side which says you can make the jokes and Iphones suck, but also be helpful when the person asks for some help.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: June 23, 2014, 09:06:16 pm »

I'm on a third side which says you can make the jokes and Iphones suck, but also be helpful when the person asks for some help.

I'm on this side as well.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: June 23, 2014, 09:13:56 pm »

... i now hatched 6 male eevee's in a row. if the next 2 are also male, I'm going to be really mad...

that's like 1/2^6 chance.  :o
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:27:51 pm by silverspawn »

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: June 23, 2014, 09:20:11 pm »

argh!! there has to be some kind of thing that the gender is determined by the pokemon holding an everstone or..

e: oh it's only 12,5% female. that explains it. urrgg :-[

that's still f(x) = 1-(7/8)^8; f( 8 ) = 65,6% chance though

so for 5 i get... barely 50%...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:27:16 pm by silverspawn »
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 201  All

Page created in 2.043 seconds with 21 queries.