Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 201  All

Author Topic: Random Stuff  (Read 1160262 times)

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1517
    • View Profile
Re: Random Stuff
« Reply #2900 on: April 28, 2014, 02:42:00 am »
+4

but, that's the best goko's way to write code...

Fixed.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: April 28, 2014, 03:07:38 am »

The code does what I wanted it to do, but is missing many features that would make it actually good :(

Ah well, I should learn that my estimates for how long things take are always much lower than they should be.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12839
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2902 on: April 28, 2014, 03:18:37 am »

Every time I open this thread, and only this thread, the second newest post is where I start, and I always have to scroll up to read the post above it, which is always new to me.

Is this some sort of long-con joke too?
Yeah, this is happening to me, and also, if I click a link to a last post on a page (if it was quoted in another post, for example), it gives me the next page instead.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: April 28, 2014, 07:47:54 am »

Watching John Oliver's new show makes me miss the laughter of a studio audience.
Well you *do* need a signature...

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: April 28, 2014, 11:28:56 am »

Watching John Oliver's new show makes me miss the laughter of a studio audience.

Is it any good? He just hosts with various stand-up comics doing their act, right?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 28, 2014, 06:21:41 pm »
+3

KingZog3

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: April 28, 2014, 06:24:02 pm »

bahaha will.je.suis.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
  • Respect: +356
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: April 28, 2014, 06:35:02 pm »

That is hilarious. I'm assume this is from a Québecois TV show ? They are just insane.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: April 28, 2014, 06:51:43 pm »

That is hilarious. I'm assume this is from a Québecois TV show ? They are just insane.

I actually don't know.  It's just something I came across which I thought was worth sharing.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 28, 2014, 07:15:13 pm »

Speaking of guillarme.je.suis, apparently he likes bubble baths.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: April 28, 2014, 07:34:03 pm »

Recently my computer's been having a really odd problem. Three times today, my network connection has suddenly disappeared and left me being told there are no networks in range. Now that's pretty odd because at any given time there are typically around 4-6 networks in range I can detect, not least the wireless one in the hallway about 10 meters from me. And no matter what I do with network detection, my laptop can't seem to find anything, not even my own router even after restarting it - which makes me fairly sure this is a problem with the laptop and not the router.

The other strange thing is that I seem to be able to fix this issue by putting the computer into sleep mode and waking it up immediately, after which it's able to detect networks again. But that still means I can't do many things I'd want to online, like streaming, talking to people or playing Dominion, since a dropped connection means everything is gonna go. So I'd like to actually fix this. The problem is I have no idea what might be causing it. A quick search online didn't really reveal anything useful (mostly it's dumb things like 'have you checked your router is turned on, have you restarted it, have you turned your laptop on and off?' which obviously I have tried). Any of you guys got an idea what the issue might be? I'm kinda stumped on this one.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: April 29, 2014, 12:43:45 am »
+5

I'm usually the last person to say, "This needs a remake," but hear me out…

Next year, there needs to be a movie or series of movies about a plucky teen whose best friend is a mad scientist. This scientist steals plutonium from the North Koreans to power a time machine in a Prius. During the firefight, the plucky teen accidentally gets 88 mpg and pilots the time machine to 1985 where he inadvertently stops his parents from falling in love, so he has to go to the Who Ya Gonna Call dance so his mother and father can finally meet, though his father needs persuasion from a ghostly image shown on an iPhone. The teen's musical aptitude is put to the test when he has to fill in after an injury befalls the keytar player.

I call it: Back to the Electric Boogaloo.
A man has no signature

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: April 29, 2014, 12:48:11 am »

Next year, there needs to be a movie or series of movies about a plucky teen whose best friend is a mad scientist. This scientist steals plutonium from the North Koreans to power a time machine in a Prius. During the firefight, the plucky teen accidentally gets 88 mpg and pilots the time machine to 1985 where he inadvertently stops his parents from falling in love, so he has to go to the Who Ya Gonna Call dance so his mother and father can finally meet, though his father needs persuasion from a ghostly image shown on an iPhone. The teen's musical aptitude is put to the test when he has to fill in after an injury befalls the keytar player.

Then, in the sequel, he goes to 2045, where they still don't have flying cars.

Also, I would love to have a car that gets 88 mpg.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: April 29, 2014, 01:11:22 am »

And then he blows their collective minds by prematurely introducing them to Jay-Z, performing a cover of (1.21) Jigga What, Jigga Who.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: April 29, 2014, 09:45:46 am »

Recently, I noticed that when I pour hot water into my tea cup, the water level quickly drops a bit. At first, I thought maybe the tea bag was absorbing the water, but why that would make the height of the water in the cup draw was beyond me. But then, I noticed that the height of the hot water still dropped even when there was no tea bag.

What I was witnessing must have been the water decreasing in volume as it quickly cooled and contracted once in the cup. Go material science! Or does material science only care about solids? Whatever, that's the domain of physics it reminded me of.
Are you sure it wasn't the cup expanding due to heat?  That seems much more likely to me.  Water is essentially incompressible...

Water may be incompressible, but it, like a solid, still changes volume as temperature changes.  Back of the envelope calculation says that 250 mL of boiling water will lose about 6 mL of volume in dropping to 60 °C.  The volumetric expansion of a ceramic is in the range of 30 ppm/K, or about 0.1% going from 20 °C to 60 °C.  So the cup expands by ~0.25 mL.
Going back to this again:
I just realized I see this happen in my cup too, but I don't think it's due to any expansion/contraction.  I use loose-leaf tea and the infuser I have sits on top of my cup and covers the whole cup so the only way air can escape is through the holes in the infuser.  What I have found is that surface tension keeps water in the infuser higher than the level of the water in the cup, until the pressure head is too high and whoosh, the level in the infuser equalizes with the level of the water in the cup, giving it the appearance of losing volume as you pour and look from the top.  Well, at least I'm pretty sure that's what's happening in my cup...

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
  • Respect: +777
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: April 29, 2014, 10:37:39 am »

Also, I would love to have a car that gets 88 mpg.

If you are willing to get flexible with the word "car" and consider 84 mpg in the same league as 88 mpg then maybe: http://www.eliomotors.com/
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: April 29, 2014, 12:30:29 pm »
+1

Recently, I noticed that when I pour hot water into my tea cup, the water level quickly drops a bit. At first, I thought maybe the tea bag was absorbing the water, but why that would make the height of the water in the cup draw was beyond me. But then, I noticed that the height of the hot water still dropped even when there was no tea bag.

What I was witnessing must have been the water decreasing in volume as it quickly cooled and contracted once in the cup. Go material science! Or does material science only care about solids? Whatever, that's the domain of physics it reminded me of.
Are you sure it wasn't the cup expanding due to heat?  That seems much more likely to me.  Water is essentially incompressible...

Water may be incompressible, but it, like a solid, still changes volume as temperature changes.  Back of the envelope calculation says that 250 mL of boiling water will lose about 6 mL of volume in dropping to 60 °C.  The volumetric expansion of a ceramic is in the range of 30 ppm/K, or about 0.1% going from 20 °C to 60 °C.  So the cup expands by ~0.25 mL.
Going back to this again:
I just realized I see this happen in my cup too, but I don't think it's due to any expansion/contraction.  I use loose-leaf tea and the infuser I have sits on top of my cup and covers the whole cup so the only way air can escape is through the holes in the infuser.  What I have found is that surface tension keeps water in the infuser higher than the level of the water in the cup, until the pressure head is too high and whoosh, the level in the infuser equalizes with the level of the water in the cup, giving it the appearance of losing volume as you pour and look from the top.  Well, at least I'm pretty sure that's what's happening in my cup...

I was assuming most normal people just use tea bags like the rest of us.  (I don't drink tea unless sick, and even then only herbal.)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

AHoppy

• Jester
  • Respect: +529
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: April 29, 2014, 01:32:02 pm »

Watch who you're calling abnormal :P

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2918 on: April 29, 2014, 03:01:00 pm »
+1

The methods for preparing tea depend on the tea. Tea bags are the equivalent of Big Money Ultimate in tea brewing.

I was assuming most normal people just use tea bags like the rest of us.  (I don't drink tea unless sick, and even then only herbal.)
Tea bags are probably the reason why you don't drink tea unless sick.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: April 29, 2014, 04:21:12 pm »

Well, I generally dislike hot drinks anyway except for hot cocoa.  And I dislike bitter anything.  An 8 oz cup of tea needs about 2 tbsp of sugar to be palatable for me, and there isn't enough sugar in the world to make coffee palatable.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: April 29, 2014, 04:25:01 pm »

Well, I generally dislike hot drinks anyway except for hot cocoa.  And I dislike bitter anything.  An 8 oz cup of tea needs about 2 tbsp of sugar to be palatable for me, and there isn't enough sugar in the world to make coffee palatable.

Coffee is awesome.  Black or with any combination of cream/sugar.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: April 29, 2014, 04:25:56 pm »

You sound just like me 3 years ago! I came around on tea because in Japan I was not going to refuse green tea so I sucked it up (literally I suppose) until I liked it. I also have a couple of close friends who are tea snobs and would tell you that there are a bunch of teas that aren't bitter and don't need sugar to be tasty.

With coffee, try it iced or blended! With lots of cream and sugar, of course. For whatever reason, coffee really loses its bitter edge when served cold.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2922 on: April 29, 2014, 04:29:36 pm »

And I dislike bitter anything.
Yep, it's the tea bags.

I also have a couple of close friends who are tea snobs and would tell you that there are a bunch of teas that aren't bitter and don't need sugar to be tasty.
I guess you could call me a tea snob, and I put sugar in all teas and milk in Indian ones. I don't do it because the teas are bitter though, I do it because I'm used to it. If a tea is bitter, I assume that I didn't prepare it correctly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:36:02 pm by Awaclus »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: April 29, 2014, 04:42:04 pm »
+3

I have no idea what webcomic this is from, if any.  Anybody know?

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: April 29, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »
+2

oglaf.com

It's very NSFW.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 201  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.