Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Schedule & Rules  (Read 14212 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: Schedule & Rules
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 03:44:45 pm »

Quoted from Thief Division results:

This was a bittersweet defeat, as at the last game for the match, my opponent declined the random sets twice because it had a goons and a saboteur and he dislikes those cards. Since the rules say that "If the players are unable to reach an agreement, they shall play with randomly selected cards" and we had not agreed (or for that matter, talked about) that declining is acceptable, I was angry that he was skewing said random selection by declining.

He told me that since we hadn't talked about it, he thought it was allowed. We agreed to make a new random selection and accept it no matter what cards came up but, alas, those were cards that I disliked. Predictably, I lost. I accept the defeat and congratulate my opponent, though I still can't shake this sour feeling that there may have been angle-shooting on his part.

I for one feel like such actions denote blatant cheating, and the rules should stipulate that declining for any reason besides an incorrectly-setup game should result in a penalty. Unfortunately this could create some difficulty given the short window for auto-decline.

I concur. We're considering various options.

Perhaps the rules should specifically say "Don't decline matches until you get a set you want." However, the rules do state that random sets will be used unless otherwise agreed to. If you are declining sets with cards you don't like, you are in effect manipulating the set--you are NOT playing with a random set, as the rules require.

So even if the player who did this claims he didn't know that was against the rules, I still think it pretty clearly violates them, and that a reasonable person should have guessed that such actions were in very poor sport.

It's up to your interpretation of course, theory, but I am tempted to suggest that they replay their match, or discount and replay all games that occurred after the first instance of someone declining random matches. (Disqualifying the offending player is not entirely uncalled for in my view, but you may deem it too harsh a response.)

Just my thoughts, obviously it's up to other people.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

KristianBahle

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 05:34:31 am »

Hello,

Currently playing with lespeutere, who's playing first after a draw ?

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 06:15:29 am »

Hello,

Currently playing with lespeutere, who's playing first after a draw ?

Random. Just go in the Secret Chamber lobby and suggest a match.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.