Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Book De-Recomendation: Joe Abercrombie  (Read 6907 times)

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: Book De-Recomendation: Joe Abercrombie
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 12:59:46 pm »

As great as I think Sedaris is...I kind of agree with you. Plus, some of his recent pieces on This American Life seemed to just be about griping about everyday living, which is really really well worn territory in the comedy world that doesn't need to be retread by a writer, even a good writer. (I'm thinking of a piece about waiting in line for coffee that I believe was on TAL...maybe that's not representative, though.)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
Re: Book De-Recomendation: Joe Abercrombie
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:51 am »

Is it just me, or is that outfit totally impractical? 

That goes beyond impractical to the point of uncomfortable.  I think she'd be more comfortable and more protected without an outfit.

Edit: I looked at some of the rest of their updates.  It appears that half of their business model is "sell drawings and sculpts of mostly-nude large-breasted women that don't actually have anything to do with the game."  I mean, selling pinup art isn't a terrible business model, but why have the game at that point?

Related:  http://www.jimchines.com/2012/12/poses-round-one/  (and subsequent posts)

Oh Oh!
Can we do Dan Brown next!!

Dan Brown is a hack who doesn't know how to write prose.  This is an excellent article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/6194031/The-Lost-Symbol-and-The-Da-Vinci-Code-author-Dan-Browns-20-worst-sentences.html
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:50:47 am by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.