Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Engines in Goko adventure  (Read 891 times)

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Engines in Goko adventure
« on: November 23, 2012, 08:54:17 pm »

The way that Goko's adventure mode is set up--with opponents getting an edge via extra VPs--seems to make engine-building more important, since BM will have a hard time overcoming the extra VPs without stalling.

The problem is, especially in the base game, I am not much of an engine builder. I've been studying the first game engine discussion by Geronimoo and the sim contest followup, but I struggle when key cards like Militia are not on the board.

So, my question is: what sort of engine would you build on the following board?

Mine, Market, Festival, Council Room, Spy, Moneylender, Feast, Workshop, Village, Moat. My problem is that the only good card draw is Council Room and Spy is a pretty awful payload. Just typing that list I thought maybe a CR-Mine engine, but I don't think that would br fast enough to overcome the point handicap since CRs give opponents free cards.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
Re: Engines in Goko adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 12:56:39 am »

I don't know if it would be great but I'd actually be really curious about Spy here. I'd try to build a Festival-Council Room engine using lots of spies to make sure your opponent only draws crap. Could possibly even pick up a Workshop to grab spies. Spies could also be nice to keep your own deck pretty small when the only trashing is mine. Markets could also help but unfortunately compete at $5.

This is probably pretty slow to get going but should be really good when it starts firing. Another plus is that the strongest BM strategy here is Council Room, which will help this engine a lot. I'm definitely not sure it'd be the best strategy on the board but it's always fun to see cards like Spy be a factor.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.