Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Combos
« on: November 23, 2012, 05:32:47 am »
+2

The Combo Category slowly starts filling. I just added Horn of Plenty + Mandarin as well as Highway + Market.

Before I continue, I have several questions:
Some combos work not only with one card but with several cards. So we have Chancellor and Stash and there we mention Scavenger and Stash. Should we create a redirect with Combo: Scavenger and Stash for that as you don't want several pages for that? But it's even more complicated when several cards could fall into this category such as Highway + Market/Grand Market/Market Square.
It is even more problematic when a whole card type fits, like Hunting Party + Terminal Silver. Should we actually create a Combo page for that or should that go into the Hunting Party main article. How about Torturer + Border Village/Fishing Village/Walled Village?`
I also gave the Golden Deck the Combo category as it basically means Combo: Bishop + Trasher. Similar a Masquerade Pin article should be created and added to the combo category. Do you agree? How about Double Tactician?

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
Re: Combos
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 09:33:37 am »
+6

I think the rule should be "simplest" card wins out, meaning pick Highway and Market and not Highway and Grand Market; Chancellor and Stash instead of Scavenger and Stash (redirects wouldn't hurt). Also, "lowest common denominator" wins out, e.g. Hunting Party and Terminal Silver over Hunting Party and <name of specific card>. So by my logic I'd say Torturer and V(v?)illage insted of Torturer and <specific village>.
I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 12:01:57 pm »
+3

I think I agree with that philosophy.

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 01:15:35 pm »

In my experience, Highway+Market doesn't works with no support. I think it's a trap most of the time (like Cartographer+tunnel, for instance).
That said, Highway+Grand market is great.

I think I agree with that philosophy.

+1
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.345 seconds with 20 queries.