Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Complete and All-Encompassing Dominion FAQ  (Read 2589 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Complete and All-Encompassing Dominion FAQ
« on: November 19, 2012, 07:41:59 pm »
+1

Just want to tell you guys doing the wiki that you might want to check out http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Complete_and_All-Encompassing_Dominion_FAQ.
I scoured every post by Donald on BGG and this forum to compile this FAQ with all rulings, so that stuff should be added in a Dominion wiki. Just by quickly checking a few things, it seems like it probably wasn't considered.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: Complete and All-Encompassing Dominion FAQ
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:50:32 pm »

that faq is some good stuff. fwiw i actually used to have your faq linked in the old forum faq. i think it got lost in the shuffle on the way to the wiki though.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »

BGG's terms of use are basically horseshit.

E. You shall not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the User Submissions other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. You shall not circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of Geekdo or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any User Submissions or enforce limitations on use of Geekdo or the User Submissions therein.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 12:32:13 am »
+2

BGG's terms of use are basically horseshit.

E. You shall not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the User Submissions other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes. You shall not circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of Geekdo or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any User Submissions or enforce limitations on use of Geekdo or the User Submissions therein.
Well, you're the law guy, but it also says:

D. You retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. By uploading User Submissions to Geekdo, you hereby grant Geekdo a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicenseable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, adapt, modify, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Website, website extensions, and the business of Geekdo and its successors and affiliates, including without limitation for promoting the Website in any media formats and through any media channels.
So I mean, I give dominionstrategy permission to reproduce my BGG posts in the dominionstrategy forums and wiki.

If you're looking for more "Donald X. says stuff about some cards" stuff to copy into the wiki, you could look at:

- The Prosperity preview includes me talking about combos for the cards costing $6+. http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=123.0
- The Alchemy preview includes me saying random stuff about some of the cards. http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=122.0
- In one of my early posts here, I talk about some cards some people dislike. http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=63.msg1027#msg1027

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 01:20:01 am »
+2

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think theory's the law guy.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 10:12:25 am »

rrenaud must be so insulted :)

Somehow I've never seen that that last post about "cards people dislike".
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.07 seconds with 21 queries.