Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Odd shuffle luck  (Read 967 times)

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
Odd shuffle luck
« on: November 15, 2012, 12:10:29 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201211/14/game-20121114-210458-a69d9bed.html

I played this game solo, just to see how fast a BM+masq deck would have been (cursing of course doesn't work in a solitaire game - I was just trying to get a benchmark). What was strange is that my T2 and T3 Masqs show up together in my starting 5 cards every shuffle with the exception of T10 (where I drew the other Masq as part of the 2 cards) and the last shuffle (where they were actually both played).
I know that I should expect some terminal collision, but every time except once seems exessive.
Mind you, I'm not complaining as it was solitaire and all - I just found it odd.
I expect there is someone on here who is better than me with statistics that could whip out a probability, though.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
Re: Odd shuffle luck
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 01:27:27 am »

I call confirmation bias -- there's so many games where your terminals don't collide that often, compared to the one where they collided frequently.

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
Re: Odd shuffle luck
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 04:32:09 pm »

I call confirmation bias -- there's so many games where your terminals don't collide that often, compared to the one where they collided frequently.

I think I am agreeing with you. I posted the log as an anomoly, something interesting you don't often see.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.