Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dominion Shuffle  (Read 2217 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Dominion Shuffle
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:47:51 am »
+1

Has anyone watched these videos?  I noticed them on BGG.
http://boardgamegeek.com/video/23005/dominion/strategy-segment-dominion-shuffle-episode-1

Quality of the strategy talk aside (it's not DS level naturally), I think this is a neat idea, though not as easy to follow as a game on Isotropic (or even Goko).  I like the discussion between 2 different players post-game, and would love to participate in or watch something similar more regularly.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion Shuffle
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:55:16 pm »
+1

Yeah, it's nice although a 30min video is pretty long.
What do you like especially? The live action play? Or the after the play talk?

And yeah the play was "suboptimally". 5/2 Cartographer/Crossroads instead of Treasury/Chapel, yeah!

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:59:40 pm »

The post-game talk.  I don't think the live action play adds much (it's harder to follow without massive video editing anyway). 

Of course, this begs the question of how one would present such a video in the first place.  I'd think it would have to be post-commentary done over video of a game rather than live commentary.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:16:01 pm »

The post-game talk.  I don't think the live action play adds much (it's harder to follow without massive video editing anyway). 

Of course, this begs the question of how one would present such a video in the first place.  I'd think it would have to be post-commentary done over video of a game rather than live commentary.

Yeah, I think it's not all that different from what we're already doing with out isotropic gameplays although the after-game analysis is often only ~30sec.
jonts already did a after the game commentary. I'm not sure what is more enjoyable. I like both.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 20 queries.