Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Finding isotropic.dominion game logs  (Read 3950 times)

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Finding isotropic.dominion game logs
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:13:36 am »

Since councilroom.com is down for the forseeable future, there doesn't appear to be a way to get game logs of games I played on isotropic unless I clicked the link to save the log before returning to the lobby. Because of councilroom, I got into the habit of never clicking this link, to my detriment now that it's gone. There are some games I played that I'd like to see the logs for (well, post them in the help forum, more specifically, since I'd like to know why I got beat so bad and get better at playing with Goons).

I don't know this for sure, but my guess is that isotropic.dominion stores every game every played in some great way that allows for a script (councilroom) to run every night, find all of the new games, save them off, parse them, and sort them into beautiful pages for each person and tons of other stuff.

I imagine it may be possible for someone like me, with software development experience (but no web programming experience) to write a script that could go through iso and find all the games I played -- basically to re-implement councilroom. Does anyone out there have any information that could help me do this?

If what I'm doing could help councilroom out in any way then I'm willing to help there, but I didn't volunteer before because I don't think I'd be much help with my skill set and lack of ability to commit much time to this.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
Re: Finding isotropic.dominion game logs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:23:45 am »
+2

There used to be a summary file produced by dougz which just had game URL, player names, cards used, and scores, but that seems to be gone.

You can download the full days logs and grep for your username (and maybe also goons?) for the particular day you played to find your log.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/faq/

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201010/11/all.tar.bz2

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
Re: Finding isotropic.dominion game logs
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:45 am »

This works and is exactly what I was after. Thank you so much, sir.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.