Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Diary of a Teenage Super Hero  (Read 2389 times)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
Diary of a Teenage Super Hero
« on: November 09, 2012, 07:48:37 am »
+3

Ok, so been a bit slow this morning at work, so started on a project I have been meaning to do for some while.

i love writing, but am crap at descriptive stuff, it all comes in short bursts, so I like writing stories as Diary entries, which hides my inadequacies.

This is going to be my latest attempt, written on the fly as I get the chance.

let me know what you think, especially plot holes and spelling correcting that I have missed!

First part below
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Diary of a Teenage Super Hero
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 07:49:09 am »
+1

Wednesday 7th October - Day Zero

They all laughed at me!

All of them, well finally my day has come.

The other kids teased me relentlessly at school, for always having my head in the books, for being the biggest geek in my year. Not even the geeks would talk to me for fear of losing their status amongst their friends. In fact the only person who was avoided more was Stinky Richard, who was so smelly that some of the smaller children passed out when they got too close.  I didn’t care though, because I was far too busy pouring over the books and computer programs to even notice their taunts.

It didn’t stop when I went to college either; the biology tutor actually took me to one side once and told me my project was not plausible. That I simply could not separate out which parts of the D.N.A strand were linked to which physical attributes. And even if I could there would be no way I could enhance those specific strands. He even went so far as to say my idea was crazy and did not make any sort of sense, and that maybe science was not for me and to try  something more productive and exciting, like an accountant!

If only they could see me now, upstairs in my room, at 17 years of age. Ok maybe not sitting in this exact room, as I still live with my parents, and the room is a bit of a mess, and I hadn’t shaved for a few days and looked a bit scruffy. Ok maybe it was best if they couldn’t see me now, maybe it was best if they just heard of what I had accomplished, through some sort of news update on the TV, with someone who had shaved and washed playing the part of me.

That is the whole purpose of these diary notes, that some day, when I’m gone, people will look back and realise how much hard work I have put into this, and the trials and struggle I went though. They could put this diary in a museum and everyday normal citizens could read it and realise that they should not give up, that they too can achieve their goals if they just keep trying and ignoring all the people who say they are a bit stupid.. That anybody can achieve the impossible throughout the face of adversity. Either that or my parents can sell it on EBay for a load of cash.

But I digress, and I don’t want to lose any first time readers on my very first entry! Today is the day that my field trials have finally finished. For I have successfully have isolated the gene that controls a person’s strength! Oh yes, no joke, I have created a formula that when injected into a human increases their physical strength to at least ten times that of a normal person. It should take a person’s current level of muscle and harden it, so that if you were strong to start with, the results would be even better. But as I am a fairly weedy specimen and I don’t have any other friends, especially not muscular ones, this is not something I can very easily put to the test.

Of course, I’m not stupid. I wasn’t about to use an un-tested serum on myself. I experimented on Bruce the hamster, or as I now like to call him, Bruce the Super Hamster. I am usually against lab testing on animals, but that's mainly the standard lipstick on chimp’s variety, this was important stuff! Bruce took to it rather well though I thought, although he did have a slightly annoyed look on his face when I stuck the needle in him, it was the sort of look that said ‘You are going to pay for that later’. And I think I may have picked up a few swear words in the hamster language.

So about two hours ago I injected myself with the liquid that will merge with my DNA and give me roughly the strength of a runaway train.  I say roughly because I am not sure of the exact dosages required as it’s still a bit of guess work. But if the new cage I have had to build several times for Bruce is any indication it should be more than enough!

By my calculations the effect should be fully in effect by dawn tomorrow, so for tonight I am going to lock Bruce up in another re-enforced cage and get some sleep. So I can be up fresh and early to see the world through the eyes of a superhero and try to find my first act of heroism to perform! Oh and I need to help Mum set up tables at the Bridge Club annual bake sale as well.

Good Night!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: Diary of a Teenage Super Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 08:03:40 am »

Wednesday(ish) 7th October- Still Day Zero

Well OK, I know I have already written an entry for today, but I couldn't sleep.

The thought of being a superhero is quite exciting, so many things I will need to plan:
•   Do I need a cool name?
•   Do I need a tight costume?
•   Should I be the moody silent type, or the type that is into loving and peace and helping make the world a better place with every breath?
•   Should I employ a sidekick/butler/girlfriend who is also a superhero but neither of us knows about the other?

Well ok, maybe the last one is a bit farfetched at the moment; I don’t think I even know any girls, let alone ones that are into Super Heroes! But the rest were worth thinking about.

What I can tell is though that the formula is working as intended, as while I have been writing this I have been doing one armed push-ups, something I could never do before, in an effort to tire myself out and test my endurance. I'm currently up to 3000 without any sign of slowing down and there is a small dent in the floor where my hand has been pushing down.

Thinking about it, 3000 press-ups while writing this small update is a lot, but then it’s tricky trying to type with my left hand while going up and down. So I think I deserve a little bit of credit.

Well, that should do for now, back to bed, got a big day planned tomorrow

Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.585 seconds with 20 queries.