Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hello from Matteo  (Read 1125 times)

matteo

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
Hello from Matteo
« on: November 07, 2012, 12:16:25 pm »
+3

Hello, Dominion Strategy,

My name is Matteo, and I'm addicted to the game of Dominion. (Whew, it feels good to admit it :). My brother introduced me to the game a couple years ago, and I quickly acquired all the sets available at the time. Kept up with the new sets as they were released (no DA yet, though a local friend has it). Am fascinated by the depth of gameplay variety (both within a Kingdom and across the spectrum of Kingdoms).

Am a mechanical engineer working in the medical products field currently... it often feels like more paperwork than engineering, but so it goes with strict regulatory oversight - appropriately so. Other than boardgaming, my main extracurricular is a local pool league (NAPA), since the gameplay variety is nearly infinitely deep.

Grew up in Boston, Massachusetts; currently living in Ithaca, NY. I understand that DXV developed the game nearby, and used to frequent Cornell game nights... but I never made it over there to play while he was nearby (I am given to understand he has moved away) - a shame!

I've been lurking for awhile, since soon after I discovered isotropic and how I could enhance my play prowess both through more game throughput, and through exposure to more strategems. Rather disappointed that iso will be going away soon-ish, since I am unlikely to pay for goko... but you never know.

Anyway, I'm glad to say 'hi', and glad to glean some pointers and experience from the good members of this forum/community.

Best,
matteo

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Matteo
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »
+1

Nice introduction. Welcome here. We all had to admit at some time that we're addicted. This forum is the drug and the withdrawal treatment at the same time, it depends on the kingdom. Have fun.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.