Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30  All

Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire [spoilers version]  (Read 178519 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire [spoilers version]
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 03:53:30 pm »

Who the hell is the person killing people in Winterfell, right before Theon escapes with Jeyne?

And is Brienne luring Jaime to Catelyn/Stonehart's trap? It doesn't seem like Brienne would do that... but it seems impossible that the Hound is both alive and wanting to kill Sansa.

Popular theory for Winterfell ghost killer is the Blackfish.  Less popular theory is Benjen Stark

No way Hound wants to kill Sansa.  There's a bizarre love thing going on there.  Popular (and believable) theory is that The Hound is the gravedigger at the monestary that Brienne visited.  I don't think Brienne will let Jamie die, but something is going to go down there.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »

This seems relevant now!

I just recently finished reading through the books for the second time. It's really quite illuminating, it's always hard to remember exactly this character was or what was the relevance of that location when you are just being introduced to them for the first time. Also, the amount of foreshadowing and connections you miss during the first read is just astonishing.

I'm obviously pumped for season three of the show adaptation as well. The Viper is such a cool character, so much cool stuff happening this season!

Season four.  And yes it is going to be badass.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 03:55:05 pm »

So I've watched the entire show but haven't read any of the books. How dangerous is this thread, keeping in mind that I HATE spoilers?
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2014, 03:58:16 pm »

So I've watched the entire show but haven't read any of the books. How dangerous is this thread, keeping in mind that I HATE spoilers?

Do not read this thread.  Or anything anywhere about the series.  You're just begging to get spoiled by book readers.  Many do it intentionally, some just slip.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2014, 03:59:39 pm »

Do not read this thread.  Or anything anywhere about the series.  You're just begging to get spoiled by book readers.  Many do it intentionally, some just slip.

Thanks for the heads up! I may read them eventually, I have several friends who say they're great!
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2014, 04:01:31 pm »
+2

Thanks for the heads up! I may read them eventually, I have several friends who say they're great!

It's Kevin Spacey!!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2014, 04:17:39 pm »

Varys being a Blackfyre?

Cold hands being Benjen Stark?

Also the Shavepate is so going to double-cross everyone.

I also support Stannis for the throne, but it's not like there are that many good pretenders. Daenerys might take over in my heart if Stannis lets Melisandre do too much of whatever she wants to do, and even then I would first back whatever scheme Doran Martell is cooking up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:27:44 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2014, 04:19:23 pm »

It's Kevin Spacey!!

Snape kills Dumbledore!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2014, 04:30:21 pm »

It would be so awesome if Jon Snow was really dead. Too bad the next book has been postponed to the next year.

As for the series, I really hope they won't take out Tyrion killing Shae
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:40:15 pm by Watno »

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2014, 05:07:35 pm »

My take on various theories tossed around here:
I think R*L=J is pretty likely.
I don't think Littlefinger is doing anything for Cat or Sansa in the sense that he wants to help him, but they're rather high in the list of "possessions" he wants to have.
I hadn't heard of Theon being the killer in Winterfell before, but now I think about it, the title of his last chapter makes that very likely.
I agree that the hound is likely the gravedigger with the monks, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's never mentioned again.
No idea what's going on with Brienne.
I don't buy Coldhands=Benjen. It seems a bit to fairy-taily to me, plus one of the Children says that Coldhands was killed long ago.
Not sure how I satnd on Varys being a Blackfyre.
I don't see how you can want Stannis on the throne

And another theory I find really interesting about Bran eating Jojen/Meera: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1kxijq/

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2014, 06:57:14 pm »

Bran is definitely very questionable.
Both L+R=J and Hound being the gravedigger seem like virtual locks to be true. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the last we heard of Sandor, though. It'd be a nice ending, but I also loved the character.
Ghost of Winterfell was Mance Rayder and the six spearwives, no?
I'm hoping Jon's properly dead and starts leading the white walker army, or something. All Starks going to the dark side one way or another! (I'm sure Sansa will think of something too at some point. Speaking of Starks, Cat used to be my least favorite character (she ruined EVERYTHING), but this cat-zombie might be even worse. Really confused there! It'll be interesting to see if Brienne's loyalties ultimately lie with her or Jaime.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »

My Jon Snow theory: Resurrected by Melisandre. This in fact releases him from his obligation to the Night's Watch, since a brother is only expected to give one life to the cause. He is then freed to become Lord of Winterfell.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 07:23:23 pm »

My Jon Snow theory: Resurrected by Melisandre. This in fact releases him from his obligation to the Night's Watch, since a brother is only expected to give one life to the cause. He is then freed to become Lord of Winterfell.

I think this was somehow planned.  Something about reading the letter in front of anyone felt really wrong to me.. I mean, we all knew some bad stuff was going to happen.  I think he knew too.  Somewhere I read someone point out that Jon had a very long meeting with someone prior to it all.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2014, 07:30:30 pm »

I think this was somehow planned.  Something about reading the letter in front of anyone felt really wrong to me.. I mean, we all knew some bad stuff was going to happen.  I think he knew too.  Somewhere I read someone point out that Jon had a very long meeting with someone prior to it all.
We've gotten Jon's POV, wouldn't we have learned about this?

No, that doesn't seem like that would run by the not-so-forgiving Watch. He obviously is coming back somehow, though. The contrast to the prologue with Varamir the dying skinchanger seems relevant now, too.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2014, 07:46:19 pm »

We've gotten Jon's POV, wouldn't we have learned about this?

No, that doesn't seem like that would run by the not-so-forgiving Watch. He obviously is coming back somehow, though. The contrast to the prologue with Varamir the dying skinchanger seems relevant now, too.

But we don't get all of Jon's story.  There's a lot unaccounted for.. and from my memory, the way that whole part is told is really weird.. it just seemed like there was something else going on.  I'll try to find the actual theory.  I think the long meeting was with Melisandre or Tormund.

But yeah I think him warging into Ghost is definitely part of what happens.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2014, 07:59:42 pm »

Oh yeah, another theory on it:

Everyone that stabbed Jon had weird body language.  I don't have the book on me, but first Wick slashes at his neck, Jon unarms him, and Wick backs away and put his hands up, as if to say "not me".  Then Marsh stabs Jon while crying.  Jon tries to draw his sword but he can't remove it.  His swordarm doesn't work.  Could have been a result of being stabbed, but could be some kind of magic too. I don't remember if we see the third dagger, I think it comes from behind.  And the fourth one we're only told he doesn't feel.

So the thought was that there was some warg-like power, or something else, controlling people.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2014, 02:05:11 am »

I plan to write episodic reviews of Game of Thrones season 4. Here is the first!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/the-dc-reviews-game-of-thrones-season-four-premiere-episode-two-swords/

Please read and share and like and tweet, etc. It will help me justify writing more of them...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2014, 08:34:23 am »

I plan to write episodic reviews of Game of Thrones season 4. Here is the first!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/the-dc-reviews-game-of-thrones-season-four-premiere-episode-two-swords/

Please read and share and like and tweet, etc. It will help me justify writing more of them...

I didn't read it yet, but I hope you point out how singularly kickass Arya is.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2014, 09:52:42 am »

I don't see how you can want Stannis on the throne

Well, he's a BAMF. Also both a competent ruler and alive, two qualities that don't stay together for long in this saga. His reasons to fight for the throne are admittedly not the best ones, and he's got a difficult relationship with ethics, but at least he is perfectly fair with his subjects. Should he listen more to Davos and less to Melisandre, he would make a perfectly good king IMHO.

Who would you rather see in the throne, anyway? Poor Tommen is not going to last when there are so few competent people backing him. I hardly see the Targaryens getting a hold on Westeros, when every house but the Martells would oppose them, with or without unsullied. And you would have to be mad to back any Greyjoy. Who's left, the Starks?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:38:18 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2014, 04:21:08 pm »

Further regarding Stannis
Well, I wouldn't consider being sacrificed due to most likely misinterepreted phrophecies fair treatment. There are many people I guess would be better kings, though none of them are in a good position to get that job and they're probably not even interested in it. I don't see how the average lord would be worse than Stannis.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2014, 04:33:38 pm »

I think the interesting thing about the title of the episode ("Two Swords") is that while Ned's sword is melted down to create two swords, only one of those is given out.  The other (Joffery's) wasn't really talked about.  However, this is another sword in the episode: Needle.  I kind of think that's more aptly the second sword of the "Two Swords".

The episode begins with Jamie being given Oathkeeper (a seemingly ironic name).  This is a symbolic point in Jaime's redemption arc, for those of us that know what's coming.  The episode ends with Arya reclaiming her sword Needle, which is the beginning of her.. well, redemption may not be the right word, but maybe revenge arc.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2014, 05:04:58 pm »

Dany will end up on the throne, one of the Starks ruling the north after an agreement that the dragons can fight the big monsters coming to turn the ride of the battle.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2014, 05:29:57 pm »

Further regarding Stannis
Well, I wouldn't consider being sacrificed due to most likely misinterepreted phrophecies fair treatment. There are many people I guess would be better kings, though none of them are in a good position to get that job and they're probably not even interested in it. I don't see how the average lord would be worse than Stannis.

I admit that he has to work on that nasty tendency of his to burn people alive to make other people die, but I believe that Davos can reign that in. He's also the guy who went and defended the Wall when asked, that counts for something. And the problem with random lords is that they don't have a claim to the throne, which comes with its own set of problems.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 06:10:52 pm »

Man, as far as who I'd like to see end up on the throne, I don't know. None of the prospective kings or queens are that appealing to me, I'd say my favorite characters are Varys and Jaime, although now that Tywin is gone ge is the only Lannister I root for), so maybe I should root for this Aegon fellow - fake or not.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2014, 11:54:15 am »

The psychiatrist is dead, but like the other dead people the kid talks to, he hasn't realized he's dead yet.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.