Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Graverobber vs. Rogue  (Read 1138 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Graverobber vs. Rogue
« on: November 06, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »
+1

In the first preview, Donald X said that Graverobber gains a trashed card to the top of your deck so you'll have time to use it before the game ends.  Why doesn't Rogue also do that?  It operates in the same sort of time frame as Graverobber does.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
Re: Graverobber vs. Rogue
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »
+3

In the first preview, Donald X said that Graverobber gains a trashed card to the top of your deck so you'll have time to use it before the game ends.  Why doesn't Rogue also do that?  It operates in the same sort of time frame as Graverobber does.
Graverobber was trying to be a good-enough version of "gain a card from the trash." This pushed it towards getting a Remodel ability and putting the gained card on top. Rogue was trying to be an attack that stole cards without being too painful for players who do not adore pain. This pushed it towards working in slo-mo (earlier you trashed and gained on the same turn) and not being something you upgraded Urchin into (makes it too hard to fight fire with fire).

Rogue gives +$2 so it's not like it's dead when it's gaining a card you'll never draw.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 02:25:30 pm »

Don't know, possibly because Rogue trashes cards from your opponent and Graverobber trashes your own cards.

I guess it adds insult to injury to play 2 Rogues with an empty trash and gain that juicy Grand Market from your opponent right to the top of your deck. If you play 2 Graverobbers this way (trash first, gain with the other), you can just get your own GM back.

Edit: Ninja'd.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 06:30:20 pm »

In a multiplayer game with other attacks to draw the game out Rogues hit and eventually steal Duchies which is devastating
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.