Dominion > Variants and Fan Cards

Idea for fan expansion - Dominion: War

(1/5) > >>

werothegreat:
From the Secret History, we know that Dark Ages was originally called War, but the German publishers wouldn't have any truck with that.  It got me thinking as to what an expansion called "War" would entail.  It couldn't just be random cards - expansions need a theme.  So the theme here is that there's a new card pile called Conquests.

Conquest - Victory-Treasure - $0*
$1, 2VP
(This is not in the Supply.)

In order to get Conquests, you have to play Army cards, which are a new type sort of in the vein of Looters.  The Conquest pile would probably have about 20 cards in it, and there would be a new end-game condition - the game can end when all the Conquests have been gained.  Here are the card ideas I have so far:

Advisors - Action - $5
+1 Action, +$1
Look at the top three cards of your deck.  Put one in your hand, discard one, and put one back on top of your deck.

Archers - Action-Attack-Army - $6
+3 Cards
Each other player discards down to three cards in hand.
Gain a Conquest.

Secret Agent - Action - $4
The player to your left reveals cards from his deck until revealing an Action that is not a Secret Agent.  Play this as the revealed card - this is that card until it leaves play.  If no Action was revealed, +$2.

General - Action - $6
+1 Action
You may play an Army or Attack card from your hand.
After playing that Army or Attack (or choosing not to), if this is the first time you've played a General this turn, while this is in play, whenever you play an Action, +1 Card.

Field Medics - Action-Army - $4
Gain a Conquest.  Each other player gains a Silver.

Supply Train - Action - $2
+1 Card, +1 Action
If you've played 2 or more Supply trains this turn (including this), +$1.
You may play a Supply Train.

Heretics - Action-Attack-Army - $5
Gain a Conquest.  Each other player gains a Curse.

Refugees - Action-Army - $4
Trash two cards.  If you do, gain a Conquest, putting it in your hand.

achmed_sender:
Nice cards, the idea of Conquests is sweet, difficult to say about balancing, but there will be much games you want to ignore them, I think
But when the Pile is about 20 cards cards and the games is over when it's empty, you probably just want to spam conquest-gainers...(especially Field Medic, Heretics and Refugees)
I think Advisors is too cheap. It's basically a peddler with choosing the card draw out of three and additional cycling.
And I don't like Supply Train

One Armed Man:
I think Army cards is a little to specific to work with General. The other ability seems a little broken as well.
Advisor would be a very strong $5.
At best supply chain is a village, so it should cost $2.
Compare Archers to Goons with more ability to play more than 1, but less reward.
Field Medics seems weak compared to the others, and the name doesn't seem to work. It might be a good spot to add a reaction.
If any of your Conquest-gainers need a +$1 boost (such as Refugees), you can have the gained Conquest go to your hand.

werothegreat:

--- Quote from: One Armed Man on November 06, 2012, 03:56:37 pm ---I think Army cards is a little to specific to work with General. The other ability seems a little broken as well.
Advisor would be a very strong $5.
At best supply chain is a village, so it should cost $2.
Compare Archers to Goons with more ability to play more than 1, but less reward.
Field Medics seems weak compared to the others, and the name doesn't seem to work. It might be a good spot to add a reaction.
If any of your Conquest-gainers need a +$1 boost (such as Refugees), you can have the gained Conquest go to your hand.

--- End quote ---

I wanted a card that gave a Conquest to everyone - that's what Field Medic was for.

Refugees gaining the Conquest to hand would almost be strictly better than Trading Post at $5.

--- Quote from: achmed_sender on November 06, 2012, 03:36:17 pm ---Nice cards, the idea of Conquests is sweet, difficult to say about balancing, but there will be much games you want to ignore them, I think
But when the Pile is about 20 cards cards and the games is over when it's empty, you probably just want to spam conquest-gainers...(especially Field Medic, Heretics and Refugees)
I think Advisors is too cheap. It's basically a peddler with choosing the card draw out of three and additional cycling.
And I don't like Supply Train

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Why don't you like Supply Train?

werothegreat:
Would General be better if it were "Play an Army or Attack card"?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version