Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Main page  (Read 3899 times)

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
Main page
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:13:28 am »
+1

So far, I have done most of the editing, layout, and content of the Main Page. But, I am not a graphic or web designer and mostly just copied stuff from other wikis (mostly Wikipedia) and changed the colors to match the back of a Dominion card. So, if anyone thinks it looks bad and wants to work on it, I won't be offended in the least.

Additionally, even though the Dominion Cards template has been tons of help while getting card pages created, I'm thinking it doesn't belong on the Main Page - as a navbox, it seems sufficient to have it on all the card pages. I could be convinced otherwise if others like it there.

So, let's have this be a thread where we can discuss how the Main Page should look, and what sections it should include.

thirtyseven

• Duke
  • Respect: +475
    • View Profile
Re: Main page
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 04:42:07 pm »
+2

Great idea for a separate thread; I was going to request separate threads be made instead of posting in that one thread all the time. I like the Navbox at the bottom at the main page; it kind of acts as a portal (to use a Wiki-word) for all Dominion cards, and Dominion cards are the essence of Dominion. My main beef with the main page was that the left and right sides were uneven, so I just now moved some of the sections around... what do you think?

I'm only a mid-level player, so I may be wrong...

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 09:20:36 pm »
+3

Use the Dominion card backing to pick theme colours. :)

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 10:29:13 pm »
+2

Great idea for a separate thread; I was going to request separate threads be made instead of posting in that one thread all the time. I like the Navbox at the bottom at the main page; it kind of acts as a portal (to use a Wiki-word) for all Dominion cards, and Dominion cards are the essence of Dominion. My main beef with the main page was that the left and right sides were uneven, so I just now moved some of the sections around... what do you think?

I'm fine with the DYK on the other side - I had it on the Left to mirror Wikipedia, but there's not reason it has to be that way.

Um, that's why I chose the colors that are there already. Tan, turquoise, and blue - was it not obvious? Or was that sarcasm that was difficult to detect because this is the internet?

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »
+1

Um, that's why I chose the colors that are there already. Tan, turquoise, and blue - was it not obvious? Or was that sarcasm that was difficult to detect because this is the internet?

I thinks he's expressing appreciation for the fact that thats how you decided to theme things.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:12:57 am »
+1

I thinks he's expressing appreciation for the fact that thats how you decided to theme things.

In that case, +1s for everyone!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 06:38:26 pm »

In that case, +1s for everyone!

Unfortunately not!  I hadn't even noticed those colour choices for the boxes because I am just unobservant.   :-\

I was thinking that it would be nice to have the light blue as the wiki background.  Those theme colours are on the front page now, I see, but they don't seem to be used on article pages at all.

But maybe keeping it plain white is classier.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.