Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 141912 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #225 on: January 04, 2013, 10:53:29 pm »

1st post updated again.  Now, with two threads for some games, I'm splitting the name link into two.  I still prefer one thread per game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 05, 2013, 07:38:47 am »

Further to the true newbie game--do we want it run concurrently with other games?  That is, as a separate category?

If so, I can mod if I get some help.  I'd run F11 (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=F11) with basically no flavor.  The game would be for raerae, mcmcsalot, ipoloil, and any other newbies.  Maybe Jimmmmm?  Anyone else?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 05, 2013, 11:31:35 am »

I guess I'm probably on the borderline between new and not new. I'll be happy to make up the numbers, but will gladly surrender my spot to anyone newer than me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 05, 2013, 11:40:47 am »

Further to the true newbie game--do we want it run concurrently with other games?  That is, as a separate category?

If so, I can mod if I get some help.  I'd run F11 (http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=F11) with basically no flavor.  The game would be for raerae, mcmcsalot, ipoloil, and any other newbies.  Maybe Jimmmmm?  Anyone else?

I think it is good to get a few vets in there to provide some experience... I know Robz would die if we played a game without him. And I think it can run concurrently with other games... that is slip it in front of another game that is about to start and just have that other game wait ~ 2-3 days.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 05, 2013, 11:42:31 am »

I think it is good to get a few vets in there to provide some experience... I know Robz would die if we played a game without him. And I think it can run concurrently with other games... that is slip it in front of another game that is about to start and just have that other game wait ~ 2-3 days.

Didn't Robz die anyway in the last "Newb" game? I seem to recall him getting utterly owned.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 05, 2013, 11:44:52 am »

Didn't Robz die anyway in the last "Newb" game? I seem to recall him getting utterly owned.

that is what happens when you suggest killing off the newbies. I don't think Cuzz and ash ever forgave him for that.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 05, 2013, 11:51:07 am »

that is what happens when you suggest killing off the newbies. I don't think Cuzz and ash ever forgave him for that.

Bwahaha. *wipes tear from eye* - How did that NOT get nominated for "best in-game moment of the year"? I still think Kickball would've won... but seriously, joining a mostly "Newb" filled game, and then pressing all D1 to "Lynch Newbs First"?  :o Classic.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 05, 2013, 01:14:33 pm »

Whatever! But no, you simply cant run a game without me. Do in for your all newbs game!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 05, 2013, 01:36:38 pm »

Robz still plays like a newb, so it should be okay.

I want in too though!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 05, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »

Robz still plays like a newb, so it should be okay.

I want in too though!

Ha!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2013, 02:02:15 pm »

Sorry this is stupid quoted but I just want to chime in and when we should run it.  All three/four of the newbies listed above are currently in at least one active game so I would prefer to wait a few game days at least before starting.  Obviously my vote shouldn't count for everything but I wanted to throw it out there.  And maybe that's what yuma meant when he said wait 2-3 days and I'm just confused. 

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 05, 2013, 03:05:00 pm »

And maybe...I'm just confused.
Highly freakin' doubtful.

But thanks for the sweetie thing, while I continued to fall on my face.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 05, 2013, 06:03:11 pm »

Ok, I'll work on it.  I think with robz and Eevee and another few, we are good.  Who's helping me mod, as I won't be able to super focus with my parents visiting.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2013, 11:18:21 pm »

Okay, sign up post is open.  I auto-inned everyone so far.  Please out or in yourself to confirm and spread the word.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=6334.new#new

I need co-mods.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 06, 2013, 02:30:35 am »

Hey guys, I just got an idea in conversation with Shraeye and TheMunch.  What if, instead of having a million fafillion games going at one time, we only have 1 real, 1 bastard, and 1 blitz game going at any one time?  Obviously people can't give 100% attention to 3 real games at once so why don't we slow it down a bit?  So as soon as one blitz games ends, another can begin?  That sort of thing.  Maybe this has been discussed already but I thought it was worth some discussion.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2013, 02:32:32 am »

Hey guys, I just got an idea in conversation with Shraeye and TheMunch.  What if, instead of having a million fafillion games going at one time, we only have 1 real, 1 bastard, and 1 blitz game going at any one time?  Obviously people can't give 100% attention to 3 real games at once so why don't we slow it down a bit?  So as soon as one blitz games ends, another can begin?  That sort of thing.  Maybe this has been discussed already but I thought it was worth some discussion.

Blitz games do NOT EVER coincide. Bastard games are lolz. Standard games are not intended to coincide and are actually meant to start when the previous one hits day 2 or night 2 as enough people are dead that its time to get another one going.

Also Rolemadness games are not standard and not mentioned in your rant.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 06, 2013, 02:34:20 am »

A good idea for a bastard game would be a game that would coincide exactly with the timing of another game. When that game went into night, you went in to night, like it or not.

No one would pay any attention. XD
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 06, 2013, 02:39:40 am »

A good idea for a bastard game would be a game that would coincide exactly with the timing of another game. When that game went into night, you went in to night, like it or not.

No one would pay any attention. XD

"Hey mod we lynched Dsell!"
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready"
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2013, 02:41:45 am »

"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready"

I wouldn't be offended if all mods adopted this policy.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2013, 02:42:04 am »

In fact, siggy time.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 06, 2013, 02:46:04 am »

Blitz games do NOT EVER coincide. Bastard games are lolz. Standard games are not intended to coincide and are actually meant to start when the previous one hits day 2 or night 2 as enough people are dead that its time to get another one going.

But she has a good point, especially related to pulling in newer players.  When I started (back in Mafia IX) I played just that game, and focused just on one game.  It was great; even though I died night 1, I still followed along and was still trying to scumhunt.  Only when that was close to done did I signup for another.

Keeping track of multiple games at once is possible (and fun) but it is a bad idea for somebody just starting out in this hobby to try to take on.  Fewer games would be more inviting I think. 1 is very few, but it feels like a LOT of games are running...Major Arcana II, Mafia XVI, DS9, RMM4PokeAwesome, Mafia Noir just sent out PMs, a blitz game in signups, Morgrims bastard game, Lolcats bastard, Archetype is starting BMX, Ozle's game is in signups, so is Masons/Monks, and the Newbie game just opened for signups.  This is a really really overwhelming landscape for a newbie to try to wander into.  Also, it seems to me that people have been getting stressed, and sharper with eachother recently.  I'm thinking slowing down our pace just a bit is a good idea for the future of f.DS mafia.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 06, 2013, 02:48:22 am »

Okay well with that in mind, assuming my game fills up, how long do you think I should wait until launching?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 06, 2013, 02:53:49 am »

But she has a good point, especially related to pulling in newer players.  When I started (back in Mafia IX) I played just that game, and focused just on one game.  It was great; even though I died night 1, I still followed along and was still trying to scumhunt.  Only when that was close to done did I signup for another.

Keeping track of multiple games at once is possible (and fun) but it is a bad idea for somebody just starting out in this hobby to try to take on.  Fewer games would be more inviting I think. 1 is very few, but it feels like a LOT of games are running...Major Arcana II, Mafia XVI, DS9, RMM4PokeAwesome, Mafia Noir just sent out PMs, a blitz game in signups, Morgrims bastard game, Lolcats bastard, Archetype is starting BMX, Ozle's game is in signups, so is Masons/Monks, and the Newbie game just opened for signups.  This is a really really overwhelming landscape for a newbie to try to wander into.  Also, it seems to me that people have been getting stressed, and sharper with eachother recently.  I'm thinking slowing down our pace just a bit is a good idea for the future of f.DS mafia.

I agree, at the same time however I personally am just not signing up for a lot of games, am I sad I'm missing a game modded by Jo/Arch etc? absolutely but I would go bonkers if I were in another game right now (I'm not Robz). And I don't really think bastard games take up landspace because who devotes time to them? I have XI in the works (I think) And I won't be opening sign ups till 2 of Lolcats, Morg, BMX are done and the last is close to done anyways so you can expect a bit of a trickle there.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 06, 2013, 02:57:06 am »

I agree with Shraerae in a lot of ways. For me, I enjoy mafia a lot more when I'm able to put time into it. When I'm spread thin, it's more stressful and less enjoyable. And since I only have so much time (ok I'm here a LOT but I'm really a pretty busy guy), I have to curtail the number of games that I'm in. Which, sadly, can mean passing on games that I REALLY want to be in. Like Ozle's MMMMMMMMMM, for example. I'd much rather wait a long time to be in a game rather than miss it altogether.

It might just be that there's a flurry of activity/sign-ups right now, but it is a bit overwhelming even for me. Especially because there are some games I'd rather not pass up on!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 06, 2013, 05:53:09 am »

My take, as keeper of this list, for whatever that's worth, is:

1. no more than 2 "regular" mafia games going at once, never to be on the same day as each other
2. no more than 2 "RMM" mafia games going at once, never to be on the same day as each other
3. no more than 1 "bastard" mafia game going at once (not as good on this point)
4. no more than 1 of any other type of game going at once (blitz, etc.)

So, I think we are generally okay on this front.  The newbie game won't start until one of the two "regular" mafia games ends, I'd say, to be safe.  We can wait for Jimmmmm's to start, if he prefers, but there was a push for a newbie only game, so it's there.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.