Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54  All

Author Topic: DoMafia I: It Depends on the Kingdom: GAME OVER! FLAWLESS TOWN WIN (sort of)!  (Read 114152 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Welcome to…
DoMafia I:

It depends on the kingdom...

Player List!
1. ashersky: Survivor!

2. pingpongsam Killed N1. He was Town-aligned. His cards were Scheme, Apprentice, Lookout, and Cartographer.

3. Young Nick Lynched D4. He was Mafia-aligned. No cards could be found on him.

4. Morgrim7( iz actualy Voltgloz): Survivor!

5. Captain_Frisk: Survivor!

6. Robz888: Survivor!

7. Galzria Killed N3. He was Town-aligned. His cards were Cartographer, Sage, and Scrying Pool.

8. Eevee Killed N2. He was Town-aligned. His cards were Scheme, Steward, Watchtower.

9. jotheonah: Survivor!

10. cayvie Lynched D3. She was Mafia-aligned. Her cards were Navigator and Menagerie.

11. Qvist: Survivor!

12. Dsell Lynched D2. He was Mafia-aligned. His cards were Smugglers, Cutpurse, and Tactician.

Mafia Ruleset
(stolen and modified from Volt's Mafia VII intro post)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. Don't make the same mistake I did: You cannot paraphrase your alignment, but you may paraphrase your cards.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (48 hours from night start). If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. (probably even more often with how short the days are!)

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline. 
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored. 
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will generally have 2 (1) week deadlines.  If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will NOT be issued automatically. (Look out for scummy lurkers, not just lurkers.) A prod will be issued upon request after 48 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

•   Main Wiki Page http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
•   Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide
•   Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ
•   Commonly Used Abbreviations: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Commonly_used_abbreviations
•   Mafia Theory: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Theory

About the game:

It all started out as a friendly gaming night with your friends. You decided to play Dominion, with 12 people (not a good idea). It was supposed to be a casual game, but players started to notice players ganging up on  other players and even, kingmaking! That is against everything that is Dominion! It is up to you and your fellow Town members to get this game back to the way it used to be and make game night peaceful again!

Dominion + Mafia = Domafia!

At the end of sign ups, everyone will draft a hand of Dominion cards. Each of these cards represents a 1-shot that can be used at night. There are 57 total cards used in the game and 37 unique cards. Each player will have a hand of 5 cards.
The possible Mafiascum-approved powers that are possibly used in the game:

Alignment Cop
Bodyguard
Bulletproof
Commuter
Deputy
Doctor
Doublevoter
Follower
Gunsmith
Hider
Innocent Child
Jailkeeper
Mason
Neighborizer
Roleblocker
Tracker
Watcher
Vigilante Kill
Voyeur

There will be at least 1 card with a Redirecting power. Any Redirecting powers used in this game will not manipulate the Mafia kill in any way.

There will also be some powers specific to this game. I cannot tell you what these additional powers are (as that will ruin the fun) but I promise they are balanced.

There are 3 Mafia-aligned players in the game (so, 9 Town-aligned players). They'll be given one of the following 1-shot Kill modifiers that may be used if that Mafia player completes the factional kill.

The possible Kill modifiers:
Ninja
Strongman
Janitor

The 1-shot kill modifier will replace one of the cards in a Mafia-aligned players hand. They can still play a card in addition to using their kill modifier.

Each card can be 'played' (used) each night. These played cards will be placed in the Discard Pile Each card will do different things, but they can each only be used once. Once you've used all your cards, or lost them all (what! how? you'll see...) you no longer have a power, and work towards your goal (kill town/kill mafia).

These cards are played in this way:
   1. Each player sends the mod the message "{Card Name}:{Targets (if any)}" or "No card played"
   2. Once everyone has sent the mod this message, the played cards will be carried out in this order:

1. Play Modifiers (These modify how you play your cards)
         2. Protection (Doctors, Bodyguard etc)
         3. Roleblockers/Redirectors (pretty self-explanatory...)
         4. Investigative (Watcher, Tracker, etc)
         5. Kills (Mafia and/or Vigilante/Serial Killer)
         6. Discarders (Attack other player's hands)
         7. Inspection (Cops, Hand Glancers, etc)

There are >10 cards that do not fit specifically into any of these categories. I'll use them when they make the most sense.

Let's go into more detail...

What makes this game different from other Mafia games?

Drafting: The cards (1-shots) will be drafted at the end of signups to see which players get which cards. Mafia will not be able to plan with each other until drafting is over. If you don't know what 'drafting' is, don't be shy, PM me, and I'll explain.
      The cards used in the drafting will only show their Dominion names. You will not know what the cards you chose do until the drafting is over. I will let you know that the cards' functions correlate to each card's name, effect in a game of Dominion, or sometimes both!
     Powers: There are NO Vanilla Townies! Yay! So I guess you could call this a RMM game, in a way. Only you will know the power of your cards once drafting is complete.
     Death: When a player dies, the cards in their hand as well as their alignment will be posted in a flavorful way. Deaths will be flavored (not just 'so-and-so' is dead), but the flavor will be very ambiguous. All cards lost from a player will be put into the Trash Pile.
     If the Janitor '1-shot kill modification' is in the game, and used, the cards in the players' hands as well as their alignment and flavorful death will be hidden. Though hiding the cause of death is pointless as it in no way helps you find Mafia.
     Deadline: 1 week deadlines. This should speed up the game, and let others be able to use their powers quicker.

Moderator Notes:
   *There is 3 Mafia, 9 Townies. These are the only possible alignments. No other Role PM modification will be made (so no Macho, Weak, Hated, etc) except for the cards you get at the beginning of the game. These cards can be used each night in the form of 1-shots.
        *Mafia will be able to communicate to each other each night, not during the day.
   *Each 'drafting hand' will be balanced. Each card is also balanced, but of course if the correct cards are played at the correct time by the correct players, they'll be better.
        *The name of cards used during the drafting pre-game phase will correlate to the cards affect either by the card's name, or what it actually does in a game of Dominion, or both!
   *This game won’t start until near the end of Volt’s game. Draft will begin at the end of signups, but the game won't start until other games conclude.
   *A co-mod isn't necessary, but if you want to be a part of the game, but not in the game, feel free to help me moderate, or look in the speccy QT.
        *This is important: All cards used each night will be publicly posted in-thread. Just the card's names. Not who they were used on, or who played them.
        *Try to be online often during the night phase. It'll make night actions flow a lot smoother.

I AM NOT THE MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY. IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:57:23 pm by Archetype »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Domafia I: The Fight for First Place (Sign-ups are open!)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 07:20:23 pm »

Confirmed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 07:33:27 pm »

1. ashersky
   *There is 3 Mafia, 9 Townies. Each player with their own stash of one-shots that they can use each night.

Hmm 9+3=12...so 2 serial killers then?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 07:38:08 pm »

1. ashersky
   *There is 3 Mafia, 9 Townies. Each player with their own stash of one-shots that they can use each night.

Hmm 9+3=12...so 2 serial killers then?
oh, woops. I'll go change that :P

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 08:23:25 pm »

yesssssssssss pleasssseeeeeeeeee

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

Drafting MTG style?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 10:43:47 pm »

Drafting MTG style?
Never played Magic, but if you draft where you pick a card, pass the rest, rinse and repeat, then yes.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 11:01:37 pm »

inininiin oh most definitely in
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:55 am »

Confirmed!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 05:27:23 am »

Of course you want to be in, you can't be a VT here :P

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 07:06:58 am »

Of course you want to be in, you can't be a VT here :P
hahaha yeah
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 10:59:20 am »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 10:59:54 am »

Hurricanes can't prevent me from being in.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 06:24:35 pm »

Update on setup:

Changed the title

There are 57 cards in the game.

Mafia has 4 cards in hand, but each mafia member gets a 1-shot NK modifier (Ninja, Strongman, etc)

All cards in the game are considerd 'normal' on Mafiascum except Redirecting cards, cause you have to have that power in this kind of game. There are some roles specific to this game, but they are all balanced.

Night Actions (cards played) are done in this way:

1. Each player submits the name of the card they want to use, or submits 'no card'.
2. Once I've received which action is wanted to be done by each player, I'll carry them
out in a specific order, not yet determind. (Commuting, Investigative, etc).

Will update soon once I've finalized what 57 cards are used and the order that they are resolved in.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:48:46 pm by Archetype »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Domafia I: It all Depends on the Kingdom (Sign-ups are open!)
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »

/in if after shakespeare.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 07:46:23 pm »

/in if after shakespeare.
Probably not after, but towards the end of it.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 11:35:46 am »

Haven't had a chance to read this yet, but if this fills up with players before Shakespeare mafia is ready (I haven't had time to work on it recently due to hurricane-related issues), you have my blessing to start first.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 07:52:20 pm »

Will spectate.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 12:35:30 am »

Will spectate.
Sweet!

Updated the OP. Clarified some things about the game.

All those who are already /in should reread it and so should those considering to /in. There's some pretty important info there. No rule changes, just some more info on the game mechanics.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 12:36:33 am »

Haven't had a chance to read this yet, but if this fills up with players before Shakespeare mafia is ready (I haven't had time to work on it recently due to hurricane-related issues), you have my blessing to start first.
Thanks! I have all the cards written out as well as drafting hands made so once sign up fills up I'll be ready to go!

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 12:41:01 am »

Still in. No doubt.

Shotty Ghost Ship. Imma be the house of pain.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 04:17:19 pm »

suprised Eevee or shraeye haven't signed up yet. Thought this game would be right up their alley.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 06:39:55 pm »

Role Madness. There are no Vanilla Townies and everyone has thier choice of a 1-shot each night.

So no Watcher, Bodyguard, Vigilante etc roles, but possibly a 1-shot of that power.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 06:33:48 pm »

Gonna /out - Got too much going on in the upcoming months. I'm already starting games I didn't really want to be in...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 06:36:37 pm »

Gonna /out - Got too much going on in the upcoming months. I'm already starting games I didn't really want to be in...

Totally understand. There's a lot of games going on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 54  All

Page created in 0.289 seconds with 19 queries.