Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: (CANCELED)RMM6: Common Knowledge  (Read 1959 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
(CANCELED)RMM6: Common Knowledge
« on: October 27, 2012, 07:14:26 pm »

Welcome to…
RMM6: Common Knowledge
     The small peaceful kingdom of Dominion, ruled by Donald X Vaccarino, has slowly become hostile. There have been numerous rumors of an uprising within the kingdom, and even a plan to overthrow the king! *gasp*
   King Donald doesn’t know where to turn! Anyone could be his enemy! But he does know a few things about the uprising. And he’s willing to share this knowledge with a few people of his kingdom.
   So, he invites the people he trusts most of all his subjects from across the entire kingdom and gives them an offer to fight against the Mafia! Will you answer the call to arms?

1. Robz888
2. Captain_Frisk
3. Galzria
4. Eevee
5. Shraeye
6. Morgrim7
7. ashersky
Mafia Ruleset
(stolen and modified from Volt's Mafia VII intro post)

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable. (You can paraphrase anything you want, as long as you don’t post the original PM. You CANNOT talk about your restriction (more on that later)).
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (48 hours from night start). If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used. (please try not to change your mind all the time. Give me one solid answer.)
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage) (may not be true).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase
6. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. (probably even more often with how short the days are!)

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.  (This may change due to ghost votes or double votes)
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored. 
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will generally have 2 (1) week deadlines.  If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will NOT be issued automatically. (Look out for scummy lurkers, not just lurkers.) A prod will be issued upon request after 48 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. (This modkill can issued to you if you post your Restriction. So don’t.)
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

•   Main Wiki Page http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
•   Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide
•   Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=FAQ
•   Commonly Used Abbreviations: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Commonly_used_abbreviations
•   Mafia Theory: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Theory

About the game:

At the end of signups each player will receive a message from the mod (in the form of an Envoy).

Role Name: ( Description of Role)

Flavorful description of character

Alignment:

Characteristic:

Power:

Knowledge:

Restriction:

Role Name:

All Role Names are names of Dominion Cards! This name acts as a description of what your character can do, as well as add some fun into the game!
   Ex: A player named Torturer might specialize in torturing players to get information.

Alignment:

Your alignment is Town, Mafia, or…something else. Won’t mention what that ‘something else’ is though. Town tries to kill Mafia, Mafia tries to kill Town.
   Ex: Alignment: Town. You win when all Mafia-aligned players are dead.

Characteristic:

Think of this as…a power always in effect. Whether you want it to be or not.
   Ex: Characteristic: When you ‘hammer’ a player, an Envoy will send you that player’s Role PM.

Power:

Pretty sure everyone knows what this is. It’s something you can choose to use each Night (or maybe, Day!). The effects can vary, but I will explain thoroughly what it does in your Role PM. The power you receive can be in the form of X-Shots, Unlimited Use, or No Power.
   Ex: Power: Each night, you may target a player. You gain the Characteristic and Role name of that player for the entire night.

Knowledge:

This is a piece of knowledge that the king knows about the kingdom. The knowledge is about the set-up of the game that can be about role names/alignments of others/powers of others/mafia members/etc. It could be anything! But I promise you, no matter how insignificant your knowledge is, it’s still important. You can share your knowledge in-thread, but of course, Mafia read the thread too…
   Ex: Knowledge: There are 4 Mafia-aligned players in the game.

Restriction:

To balance out players’ Powers and/or Knowledge there are restrictions. These restrictions vary between players and can be any number of things. Some of these restrictions can be more obvious than others. You cannot post your restriction in-thread, talk about your restriction in-thread, or even hint about your restriction in-thread! If you do, you will be instantly mod-killed! Don’t do it!
      Ex: Restriction: Every other one of your posts must start with the letter ‘B’.

Disclaimer: These ‘examples’ may or may not be actually in the game

What makes this different from other Mafia games:

Death: When players die, only their Role Name and Alignment will be publicly posted. Additionally, all NKs will be flavored.

Restrictions: Just don’t talk about it! Seriously!

Deadline: The game will have 1-week IRL days for each game-day. All night actions have 48 hours to be completed, but that may change as the game goes on, if the number of players goes down.

Powers:The powers used in this game are either variations of regular Mafia-scum powers, powers that go along with the theme of the game, or completely made up powers. Please not that these powers are all balanced, and that some might be considered to be better used in a BM, I don’t think they should. They will be all fun and interesting to use. Plus, everyone has a power role!

Knowledge: Knowledge about the set-up is key to this game. Sharing or withholding information can drastically warp the game. Be careful what you share!

Moderator Notes:

*Make sure you read your PM carefully.
   *The mod will never be required to post things for other players or show favoritism to warp the results. All random powers truly are random, and anything I post comes from my mind only.
   *This game won’t start until near the end of Volt’s game. If signups do get completed, you’ll probably get your Role PM.
   *This game is a mix between joth’s BM game (fun roles), eHalc’s RMM game (being careful with what you say), and Robz Masquerade/Courtyard game (giving you roles based upon your personality, but instead, opposite your personality).
   *A co-mod isn't necessary, but if you want to be a part of the game, but not in the game, feel free to help me moderate.

That’s all the knowledge I can give you! If you want more, you’re going to have to sign up and see what RMM6 has in store for you!

I AM NOT THE MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY. IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY. I WILL JUST ACT A MESSENGER FOR DONALD X. VACCARINO. ALSO, DONALD ISN’T REALLY PLAYING. HE’S A FICTIONAL CHARACTER IN THE GAME, ALSO PLAYED BY ME (Archetype).

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:37:23 pm by Archetype »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: RMM6: Common Knowledge (Sign-ups are open! For a long time...)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:18:37 pm »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 07:20:21 pm »

In
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 07:44:53 pm »

Confirmed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 07:51:48 pm »

Confirmed.
Oh, that's right. I forgot you and Eevee already /inned.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 07:55:39 pm »

in for more role-madness.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 08:07:35 pm »

Great! I have the perfect role for you!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 08:25:06 pm »

Great! I have the perfect role for you!
:)  Thanks for making me feel special!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 08:36:26 pm »

inininininininininin
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 08:39:12 pm »

when does this start?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »

/in any Archetype game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 09:45:00 pm »

when does this start?
Hopefully near the end of Volt's game, or maybe before, if Volt allows it and sign ups fill up fast enough

/in any Archetype game.
Sweet! I'll make note of that for future games :)

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2012, 02:57:50 pm »

PMs are written and roles matched up with those already signed up.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 06:35:24 pm »

This game actually isn't going to happen, it's a bit confusing. But I'll probably be doing it in the future. Good news is, I'll be opening up a different game that should be just as fun!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.